Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01-Nov-12
VISA ISSUED...
14-Nov-12
roseapple08 said:
Dear Friends,
My uncle is a canadian citizen. He and my mother have no blood relationship. Both of them were adopted by the same foster father. Can he be my relative? Can I get advantage in scoring?
Rose
I don't know how the legality of adoption works and how it holds true in immigration situations but, if both your mother and your uncle can show the same foster father, there might be a chance for it to work. This is a good question and any kind of response will be very beneficial to all applicants who might encounter the same problem.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
upp942 said:
I don't know how the legality of adoption works and how it holds true in immigration situations but, if both your mother and your uncle can show the same foster father, there might be a chance for it to work. This is a good question and any kind of response will be very beneficial to all applicants who might encounter the same problem.
Hi upp,

His mother and uncle had no blood relation and were adopted by a foster parent. A biological father can not be a Foster father.

Mitali

nevilraval

Star Member
Jun 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi,India
NOC Code......
0711/9212
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2010
Doc's Request.
CC charged 19-08-10
AOR Received.
30-09-2010
IELTS Request
25-09-2010 / 7 band
Saki,Mitali and all,
can somebody give me idea for the mentioned questions?i am posting these questions for the third time.Hope somebody will answer..

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nevilraval said:
Saki,Mitali and all,
can somebody give me idea for the mentioned questions?i am posting these questions for the third time.Hope somebody will answer..
Hi Nevil,

I am so sorry.....just be online. I must have missed them. I will post immediately.

Mitali

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nevilraval said:
Mitali,Saki and all other dears,
Ever since i have come across this site and particularly the blog regarding April /May Applicants,i have become a big fan of this.Its really solving so many doubts and puzzles and getting informative day by day..
Some few questions from my side..
1)"Transcripts should be sent in sealed college /university envelope"-Now as we all know we have completed our education before 10-15 years back,how can it be possible to get transcript in a college sealed envelope??!!i have my transcript with the seal on it but open / uncovered without college enevlope.Should that be ok?!!
2)In my job responsibilities , most of the responsibilites i have mentioned is as same as mentioned on CIC website as i was fulfilling all the responsibilites and hence some of them copy pasted from site.is that ok?!!
Regards,
Nevil
Hi Nevil,

I am so sorry again... you said such nice things and we failed to answer your questions... apologies.

1) Yes, it is difficult to get transcripts in Univ sealed envelopes... doubly so when it is 10-15 yrs old. The only solution is asfollows:
a) Contact the Univ by phone (keep the receipt or tel bill that would show the ph.# of Univ), email or post (keep the tracking #) and request for the Registrar for the Transcripts in sealed envelope. Retain all the proofs that you tried to get them. In case you do not get any response then Notarise your Matriculation (10 grade certificate that also has your father's name) and send along with all the proofs. In a cover letter mention the efforts made by you and say the in lieu of the sealed envelope, you are providing the Notarised copy.

2) Copy paste from CIC website is a big turn off for the VO. Which stage you are at? Have you already sent your full application to VO? If not then request your employer (s) to rewrite the experince letter for you in their own words.

3) If you are still awaiting your AOR then it is now at the discretion of VO to decide.

Mitali

sukhi_boy

May 14, 2010
hi saki matali
hi i know this query is not related to april thread but one of my friend has sent his full docs to chc nd in april 2010..he and his wife r doing job in saudi arab...right now he and his wife r in india until 16 september...he wants to know if his medicals doesnt come uptil 16 september and he and his wife has to go back to saudi arab....
now the problem is if his medical comes before 16 september thay will not go back to saudi arab but if medical comes after 16 sept. when they r i in saudi arab can they get medicals done
in saudi arab....what can he do...i mean which options has he got.......thx

nevilraval

Star Member
Jun 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi,India
NOC Code......
0711/9212
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2010
Doc's Request.
CC charged 19-08-10
AOR Received.
30-09-2010
IELTS Request
25-09-2010 / 7 band
mitali said:
Hi Nevil,

I am so sorry again... you said such nice things and we failed to answer your questions... apologies.

1) Yes, it is difficult to get transcripts in Univ sealed envelopes... doubly so when it is 10-15 yrs old. The only solution is asfollows:
a) Contact the Univ by phone (keep the receipt or tel bill that would show the ph.# of Univ), email or post (keep the tracking #) and request for the Registrar for the Transcripts in sealed envelope. Retain all the proofs that you tried to get them. In case you do not get any response then Notarise your Matriculation (10 grade certificate that also has your father's name) and send along with all the proofs. In a cover letter mention the efforts made by you and say the in lieu of the sealed envelope, you are providing the Notarised copy.

2) Copy paste from CIC website is a big turn off for the VO. Which stage you are at? Have you already sent your full application to VO? If not then request your employer (s) to rewrite the experince letter for you in their own words.

3) If you are still awaiting your AOR then it is now at the discretion of VO to decide.

Mitali
Dear Mitali & all,
Thanks for answering.I appreciate it.
1)The thing is i have transcript of university available but provided in 2000 with stamp on it,dont u think its enough because the transcript is two paper long and contains 40 semester result which generally all university gives at the time of yr last result.Though it is stamped and signed by uni. chanceller,it was not given in the sealed envelope.By the way i have one question-why VO wants transcript in sealed envelope provided everybody will have transcripts but without envelope and unsealed.Anywas,i will try to get contacts in university and get it done..
2)I am still waiting for the first AOR and definately i've not sent any papers to VO.When i'll send the papers to VO.i'll make an experienece letter which will elaborate my experiences and job duties in depth.The only thing is in the first application form,as we know there are only 3-4 short lines in which we need to print the job duties,i prefered to put the job responsibilities given on site and it was all matching to my exp!!
Let's see what happens.hope not many days left more in unveiling the situation..
Once again thanks mitali..
hope to get more help in future..

rajinder

Star Member
Jul 9, 2010
By the Grace of God & wishes of all dear friends like all of u I received my AOR on 3rd august & my DD was charged on14 july 2010 plz update my information

thanks all friends specially Saki & Mithali for supporting me & guiding me time to time.

Samer El Jizi

Jul 12, 2010
Dear All ,

I recieved the below correspondance from CIO stating that am not eligible due to the reason mentioned below . Is there any other NOC that can fit my experience and which is also required & eligible.

Dear Sir:

We have received your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Federal Skilled Worker Class on 21 April 2010.

You have not indicated in your application that you have an Arranged Employment Offer or that you are legally residing in Canada for at least one year as a Temporary Foreign Worker or an International Student. Your application has therefore been assessed on the basis of whether you have work experience in the list of occupations eligible for processing. These occupations are identified by codes and described in the National Occupational Classification (NOC). You may access the list of eligible occupations at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp#list

You have indicated that you have work experience in occupations with the following NOC codes: 0621- Customer Service Manager, 0114- Administration Manager, Administrative Manager . These occupations are not included on the list of eligible occupations specified in the instructions identified by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on 28 November 2008.

For the reasons outlined above, your application does not meet the requirements of the Ministerial Instructions and your application is not eligible for processing.

Samer El Jizi

Jul 12, 2010
<<<<<<<APRIL 2010 Applicants >>>>>>>

Dear All ,

I recieved the below correspondance from CIO stating that am not eligible due to the reason mentioned below . Is there any other NOC that can fit my experience and which is also required & eligible.

Can we send the application back , under my wifes name (main applicant) , her occupation is Office Manager . Please advise.

Dear Sir:

We have received your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Federal Skilled Worker Class on 21 April 2010.

You have not indicated in your application that you have an Arranged Employment Offer or that you are legally residing in Canada for at least one year as a Temporary Foreign Worker or an International Student. Your application has therefore been assessed on the basis of whether you have work experience in the list of occupations eligible for processing. These occupations are identified by codes and described in the National Occupational Classification (NOC). You may access the list of eligible occupations at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp#list

You have indicated that you have work experience in occupations with the following NOC codes: 0621- Customer Service Manager, 0114- Administration Manager, Administrative Manager . These occupations are not included on the list of eligible occupations specified in the instructions identified by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on 28 November 2008.

For the reasons outlined above, your application does not meet the requirements of the Ministerial Instructions and your application is not eligible for processing.

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sukhi_boy said:
hi saki matali
hi i know this query is not related to april thread but one of my friend has sent his full docs to chc nd in april 2010..he and his wife r doing job in saudi arab...right now he and his wife r in india until 16 september...he wants to know if his medicals doesnt come uptil 16 september and he and his wife has to go back to saudi arab....
now the problem is if his medical comes before 16 september thay will not go back to saudi arab but if medical comes after 16 sept. when they r i in saudi arab can they get medicals done
in saudi arab....what can he do...i mean which options has he got.......thx
Hi Sukhi,

Medicals can be done in any country but only the visa is stamped in the same visa office where you have applied, so does not matter if medicals come in during there stay in India or when they are gone back to Saudia in both cases they can do medicals in any country.

Cheers
Saki

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Samer El Jizi said:
Dear All ,

Can we send the application back , under my wifes name (main applicant) , her occupation is Office Manager . Please advise.

Dear Sir:

Hi,

What are your job duties can you tell us those and we can see if it matchs with any other NOC.

Cheers
Saki

satnak

Jul 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
- CIO...: Aug 2010 NDVO...:Jan 2011
Med's Done....
April 01, 2013 MR Line....: April 14, 2013
Hi all,

I also called CIC yesterday and she told me thattoday ( Aug 03) they are workingon April 28 applications and mine is APRIL 28.. may GOD be there and bless me (and others) with AOR.

She told me towait for 2 weeks fromnow.

All the best to all remaining APRIL Applicants in this thread!

Satnam

saki said:
Hi Chander,

Its good atleast now you can relax a bit and know they are working on it. And we will continue this thread :)

Cheers
Saki