+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<APRIL 2010 Applicants >>>>>>>

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chander said:
I have all my words of apprecation for Mitali and Saki for helping form members.Both are really gem for the form members.I would like to say that we are lucky to have such human beings in our form.
Cheers,
Chander
Thanks Chander for appreciating our work every now and then it always feel good to hear such nice words from you :)

Cheers
Saki

STS2Canada

Apr 5, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
4131 &amp; 0112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
29-07-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (1st AOR CIO) ; 11-08-2010 (2nd AOR New Delhi)
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
04-08-2010 (E-case: Inprocess - Processing start on 08 Feb 2011)
Med's Request
09-06-2011
Passport Req..
09-06-2011
cool_wonderful said:
Hi,
I have also applied to Sydney in April..

@ STS2Canada,
How did you manage to get a job there?
I had applied for many jobs when I started my PR Application process using various Canadian job portals. Although companies were not in a position to offer work permits, they were open to discussing possible opportunities to work together. Since I am a freelance training consultant, I completed a couple of projects with my prospective employer to demonstrate my skills. They appreciated my work and offered an AEO to support my PR Application. This happened over a period of 2 years. So I can't say any organization will or can instantly offer to provide an AEO...But like they say, try until you succeed!

Regards,
STS

mj_jamila

May 20, 2010
Hi Saki and and Mitali,
First thannks for the great work you're doing here.I always follow this thread as we May applicants are next in line. Now i'm very worried as i see some applicants got their applications returned as cic is not happy with their job description because I also wrote very minimum. As a 4131 applicant I wrote my job description like this:
1.Teach students using systematic plan of lectures,demonstrations.
2. Prepare, administer and mark tests and papers to evaluate students' progress.
Now I'm very worried. My application reached at NS at 26th May.How can I help my application now?
Please suggest me something.
Regards.

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mj_jamila said:
Hi Saki and and Mitali,
First thannks for the great work you're doing here.I always follow this thread as we May applicants are next in line. Now i'm very worried as i see some applicants got their applications returned as cic is not happy with their job description because I also wrote very minimum. As a 4131 applicant I wrote my job description like this:
2. Prepare, administer and mark tests and papers to evaluate students' progress.
Now I'm very worried. My application reached at NS at 26th May.How can I help my application now?
Regards.
Hi,

If you have done 70% of the job duties listed in that NOC then you dont have to worry about it and if they have return application it does not mean they will returns yours as well so be positive. Secondly you cant do anything write now because NOC 4131 is no more in the list so you cant resend a new application and you dont have any client number at this stage to send updated documents. I would say just wait and pray that you get through this.

Cheers
Saki

kat-b

Jun 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Application Sent 13 April 2010
Doc's Request.
30 July 2010
Hi

Someone posted this info for me re IELTS/written submission and it seems to make sense so thought I would re -post. It is the same info I got on this thread just in a nutshell! The rule is as follows;

"To put it as simply as possible, if you applied before 26/06/10 and you mother tongue is English, then all you require is a statement to be included with your 120 day application. If you applied to CIO Sydney after 26/06/10 then you need TEF/IELTS no matter what your mother tongue is.

If you applied before 26/06/10 but after 10/04/10 and your mother tongue is NOT French/English you still could submit a written explanation on how you use English day to day and your education etc. BUT if your written statement wasn't sufficient to determine your language ability the officer would assign the points and you would NOT get a chance to write TEF/IELTs for definite proof.[/quote]"

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mj_jamila said:
Hi Saki and and Mitali,
Regards.
Hi Jamila,

If you indeed have written only 2 duties as mentioned in your post then I should say that it is too less. It does not account for 80% of duties (80% is what is mentioned on the CIC website).

1. Your application is now about 2 months old at CIO. You should be able to get your application status if you call them. Has your CC been charged yet? Get the instructions for calling by going to pg 82.

2. Once you get your client ID from them mail another sheet of paper that would contain only the Job duties but explained in more detail to reach more or less 80%. Dont copy paste duties from the CIC site. Explain in your own words.

3. Along with the above send a cover letter to indicate that you have attached a detailed version of your job duties. Be polite and request that your more recent job duties to be considered for assessment for your NOC code 4131. You can mention that you were not aware that a detailed job description was required to be submitted. Send your JD and the cover letter by courier.

4. I do not know if this will work but it is definitely worth giving a try since your NOC is not on the current list.

Mitali

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kat-b said:
Hi

Someone posted this info for me re IELTS/written submission and it seems to make sense so thought I would re -post. It is the same info I got on this thread just in a nutshell! The rule is as follows;

"To put it as simply as possible, if you applied before 26/06/10 and you mother tongue is English, then all you require is a statement to be included with your 120 day application. If you applied to CIO Sydney after 26/06/10 then you need TEF/IELTS no matter what your mother tongue is.

If you applied before 26/06/10 but after 10/04/10 and your mother tongue is NOT French/English you still could submit a written explanation on how you use English day to day and your education etc. BUT if your written statement wasn't sufficient to determine your language ability the officer would assign the points and you would NOT get a chance to write TEF/IELTs for definite proof."

English proficiency proof :

1) Post 26th June----Everyone irrespective of Native language being English have to send IELTS score

2) Post 10th April-----VO will evaluate application based on the information provided on file. Applicable to both Native and non English speaking people.
Which means he could mark you 0 if he is not satisfied with the proofs you have sent him (Substituted evaluation). It is up to
the applicant to take this risk. You will not be given a second chance to prove your proficiency.

3) Pre 10th April-----Both Native and Non native can produce evidence of their English proficiency without the IELTS score.
With the current situation applicants in this category also are not ready to take the risk of sending proofs other than IELTS score.
Since there was an opportunity to NOT provide IELTS pre 10th April that we see so many applicants in that time period.

Hope this helps.

Mitali
NB: I am failing to correct the alignment of my post.. apologies.

kat-b

Jun 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Application Sent 13 April 2010
Doc's Request.
30 July 2010
mitali said:
Hi Katie,

English proficiency proof :

1) Post 26th June----Everyone irrespective of Native language being English have to send IELTS score

2) Post 10th April-----VO will evaluate application based on the information provided on file. Applicable to both Native and non English speaking people.
Which means he could mark you 0 if he is not satisfied with the proofs you have sent him (Substituted evaluation). It is up to
the applicant to take this risk.

3) Pre 10th April-----Both Native and Non native can produce evidence of their English proficiency without the IELTS score.
With the current situation applicants in this category also are not ready to take the risk of sending proofs other than IELTS score.
Since there was an opportunity to NOT provide IELTS pre 10th April that we see so many applicants in that time period.

Hope this helps.

Mitali
Hi yes, thanks again. One more question. Do you think my birth certificate, high school transcripts, Law degree transcript, Masters transcript, the work experience that I am claiming points for points for i.e Bar Manager and Police Officer AND a detailed letter explaining that I am a native English speaker and have never spoken any other language will suffice.........SURELY! I can maybe sit the academic IELTS at a closer date but the General ones are so far away that my Police cCert will be invalid so id rather just send my application in next two weeks.

Again I know everyone keeps saying this but you really have helped us all so much and it is really appreciated :))

Thanks
Katie

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kat-b said:
Hi yes, thanks again. One more question. Do you think my birth certificate, high school transcripts, Law degree transcript, Masters transcript, the work experience that I am claiming points for points for i.e Bar Manager and Police Officer AND a detailed letter explaining that I am a native English speaker and have never spoken any other language will suffice.........SURELY! I can maybe sit the academic IELTS at a closer date but the General ones are so far away that my Police cCert will be invalid so id rather just send my application in next two weeks.

Again I know everyone keeps saying this but you really have helped us all so much and it is really appreciated :))

Thanks
Katie
Hi Katie,

If I would have been the VO then for sure I would have approved your application... no doubts. Right now VO are extremely strict. How much time you have on your PCC?

If its going to be invalid in next two weeks and if your NOC IS in the NEW 29 list then you can send your application with the written statement.

1) Lets assume that VO is not satisfied with your proficiency (??) then you can reapply if you are in the New list of 29. But you have to provide new PCC and IELTS score and dont forget the waiting tme. Remember now with the new rules there is a cap of 1000 applicants/NOC. So there is a chance that by the time your new application reaches CIO, the cap is filled.

2) But if you have 120 day then you can redo your PCC, write the Academic IELTS and send the full application and be stress free.

Again choice is yours.

Thanks for your kind words.

Mitali

gavi

Star Member
May 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Mitali / Saki,

i gave the IELTS yesterday and hoping to score well. Note that in my application to CIO i have marked certain levels for my proficiency in english. What if i dont score as i have stated in the initial applicaton ?

thanks