April 2010
Doc's Request.
May 2010
AOR Received.
Nov 2010
OmSai73 said:
Hi rahul1710,

Thank you....

What Status you have now? because we both have same time lines?
My status is Application Received and waiting for "In Process"

parhar51

Sep 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
N/A
LANDED..........
APRIL 26,2013
@rahulji,

Could u please share ur detailed time-line ? Most of the aplicants, who submitted full docs in AUG-SEPT 2010,have had change in status,i.e from RBVO to IN PROCESS. Even a few of them are IN PROCESS with specific start date.Hope,status of ur application will also undergo a change,soon.
Good luck.god bless u.
parhar51

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
My address re-appeared today after 1 week, FYI only.

smiling_face :)

Altit

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
-
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March,2012
Doc's Request.
April,08 2010
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
Noe
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
rahul1710 said:
Congrats!!!!!!!!!
i have teh same quote in my e Case does it mean i am in the que of In process...

Altit

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
-
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March,2012
Doc's Request.
April,08 2010
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
Noe
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
Altit said:
i have teh same quote in my e Case does it mean i am in the que of In process...
Latest Update from Canada on Ponts calculation:

The Federal Court of Appeal has ruled that no points can be awarded for education unrelated to the degree in a Skilled Worker application.

Lee v. Canada (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration)
Between Martin Tan Lee, Appellant, and
Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, Respondent

[2012] F.C.J. No. 238

2012 FCA 54

Docket A-213-11

Federal Court of Appeal
Toronto, Ontario

Layden-Stevenson, Gauthier and Stratas JJ.A.

Heard: February 15, 2012.
Oral judgment: February 15, 2012.

(9 paras.)

Appeal from an Order of the Honorable Madam Justice Snider dated May 26, 2011, Docket No. IMM-6513-10, [2011] F.C.J. No.790.

The judgment of the Court was delivered by

1 STRATAS J.A. (orally):-- Mr. Lee appeals formal judgment of the Federal Court (per Justice Snider): 2011 FC 617.

2 Mr.Lee had applied for a permanent resident visa under the "federal skilled worker class" described in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, SOR/2002-227. Adesignated immigration officer rejected Mr. Lee's application on the basis that the failed to earn the minimum number of points needed to qualify for the visa.

3 The Federal Court dismissed Mr. Lee's application for judicial review, finding that the immigration officer committed no reviewable error. In doing so, it certified the following as a question of general importance:

· In assessing points for education under section 78 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, does the visa officer award points for years of full-time or full-time equivalent studies that did not contribute to obtaining the educational credential being assessed?

4 Recently, in another appeal, this Court considered this very question and answered it in the negative: Khan v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2011 FCA 339. The appellant has not convinced us that Khan is manifestly wrong. Accordingly, we must answer the certified question in this case in the negative.

5 In addition to the issue raised by the certified question, Mr. Lee raises other issues in this Court. These broadly relate to the substantive merits of the designated immigration officer's decision and his failure to provide reasons.

6 Mr.Lee raised these same issues in the Federal Court, submitting that the designated immigration officer's decision should be set aside. As mentioned above, the Federal Court found no reviewable error.

7 For substantially the same reasons as the Federal Court, we agree that there is no review able error.

8 Finally ,in this Court, the appellant submits that the decision was "lawfully invalid" because outdated forms were used. The CAIPS notes show that there was updating of the appellant's file. In our view, the appellant's submission in this respect elevates form over substance.

9 Therefore, notwithstanding counsel's spirited submissions, we shall answer the certified question in the negative and dismiss the appeal.

STRATAS J.A.

Nicky Royal

Apr 29, 2011
india
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
Med's Request
On my Lord's Wish
Interview........
Pray for waver
VISA ISSUED...
As my Lord fixes
Dear friends, I think that I should send an e-mail to VO if I don't get an update this week, asking them for a specific reply about a concluding time of my file, because this unnecessary long wait is really frustrating and killing. As you know, age is running, youth and health are getting weak, a positive decision is fruitless if it doesn't come at a proper stage of our life. I also would like to ask them to make a quick decision whether PER or NER. What are your comments on this?

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
Nicky Royal said:
Dear friends, I think that I should send an e-mail to VO if I don't get an update this week, asking them for a specific reply about a concluding time of my file, because this unnecessary long wait is really frustrating and killing. As you know, age is running, youth and health are getting weak, a positive decision is fruitless if it doesn't come at a proper stage of our life. I also would like to ask them to make a quick decision whether PER or NER. What are your comments on this?

Unfortunately it won't impact their processing. Even in their document update letter, they mentioned that anyone can withdraw his/her application and the fees will be refunded. Implicitly it says that they encouraged us to withdraw our applications.

smiling_face :)

Canadian Dreams

Jul 23, 2011
parhar51 said:
@ rahulji,

Could u please share ur detailed time-line ? Most of the aplicants, who submitted full docs in AUG-SEPT 2010,have had change in status,i.e from RBVO to IN PROCESS. Even a few of them are IN PROCESS with specific start date.Hope,status of ur application will also undergo a change,soon.
Good luck.god bless u.
parhar51
I saw the Magical "IN PROCESS" display on my E-CAS as I checked it yesterday evening. Inside is same, single line " We received your application for Permanent Residence on XX May, 2010".

kavya

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10//06/2010
Doc's Request.
30/10/2010
AOR Received.
15/01/2011
Address back without any change

respectall

Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 09, 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 2009/ Submitted Apr 09, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 2010
Med's Request
Jul 22, 2012
Med's Done....
Jul 30, 2012
Passport Req..
Step-1 Nov 20, 2012/ Step-2: Jan 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 26, 2013
Nicky Royal said:
Agreed.

nvblue

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
Doc's Request.
10-06-2010
AOR Received.
04-11-2010
IELTS Request
10-06-2010
Altit said:
Latest Update from Canada on Ponts calculation:

The Federal Court of Appeal has ruled that no points can be awarded for education unrelated to the degree in a Skilled Worker application.

Lee v. Canada (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration)
Between Martin Tan Lee, Appellant, and
Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, Respondent

[2012] F.C.J. No. 238

2012 FCA 54

Docket A-213-11

Federal Court of Appeal
Toronto, Ontario

Layden-Stevenson, Gauthier and Stratas JJ.A.

Heard: February 15, 2012.
Oral judgment: February 15, 2012.

(9 paras.)

Appeal from an Order of the Honorable Madam Justice Snider dated May 26, 2011, Docket No. IMM-6513-10, [2011] F.C.J. No.790.

The judgment of the Court was delivered by

1 STRATAS J.A. (orally):-- Mr. Lee appeals formal judgment of the Federal Court (per Justice Snider): 2011 FC 617.

2 Mr.Lee had applied for a permanent resident visa under the "federal skilled worker class" described in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, SOR/2002-227. Adesignated immigration officer rejected Mr. Lee's application on the basis that the failed to earn the minimum number of points needed to qualify for the visa.

3 The Federal Court dismissed Mr. Lee's application for judicial review, finding that the immigration officer committed no reviewable error. In doing so, it certified the following as a question of general importance:

· In assessing points for education under section 78 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, does the visa officer award points for years of full-time or full-time equivalent studies that did not contribute to obtaining the educational credential being assessed?

4 Recently, in another appeal, this Court considered this very question and answered it in the negative: Khan v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2011 FCA 339. The appellant has not convinced us that Khan is manifestly wrong. Accordingly, we must answer the certified question in this case in the negative.

5 In addition to the issue raised by the certified question, Mr. Lee raises other issues in this Court. These broadly relate to the substantive merits of the designated immigration officer's decision and his failure to provide reasons.

6 Mr.Lee raised these same issues in the Federal Court, submitting that the designated immigration officer's decision should be set aside. As mentioned above, the Federal Court found no reviewable error.

7 For substantially the same reasons as the Federal Court, we agree that there is no review able error.

8 Finally ,in this Court, the appellant submits that the decision was "lawfully invalid" because outdated forms were used. The CAIPS notes show that there was updating of the appellant's file. In our view, the appellant's submission in this respect elevates form over substance.

9 Therefore, notwithstanding counsel's spirited submissions, we shall answer the certified question in the negative and dismiss the appeal.

STRATAS J.A.
Hello,
My academic education belongs to "Electrical & Electronics Engineering" & professionally, I am working as a Manager-IT (for NOC 0213) since 8 Years. So, what will be the impact of my immigration process as my academic & professions are different?

I am little be confused about the sentense given below.
"The Federal Court of Appeal has ruled that no points can be awarded for education unrelated to the degree in a Skilled Worker application."

So, someone please let me know how to deal in this situation.

rahul1710

Star Member
Apr 10, 2011
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
Doc's Request.
May 2010
AOR Received.
Nov 2010
parhar51 said:
@ rahulji,

Good luck.god bless u.
parhar51
Dear Parhar

my time line is

App. Filed.......: April 2010
Doc's Request.: May 2010
AOR Received.: Nov 2010

Still waiting for any change in My ECase status.... :)

mkdhaliwal

Jun 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2014
Hello Friends,

Yesterday My online status was only In Process under this was RBVO but today under In process I got review details

We received your application for permanent residence on April **,****.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on February **,****. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on February **, ****.

Could anyone please let me know when medical will come? They sent letter for medicals?

Thanks
Mona

mehulca

Oct 9, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2010
Doc's Request.
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
IELTS Request
Result submitted with other documents
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2013 received on 25-02-2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
mkdhaliwal said:
Hello Friends,

Yesterday My online status was only In Process under this was RBVO but today under In process I got review details

We received your application for permanent residence on April **,****.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on February **,****. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on February **, ****.

Could anyone please let me know when medical will come? They sent letter for medicals?

Dear Friend,

Many pre-june NDVO applicants have received "Review Date" in their e-cas since 13th Jan. But no body has received any further update till date. So, I think by March-12 end the real picture will come to light.

Thanks
Mona

mkdhaliwal

Jun 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2014
Ok dear/..Lets wait for the best...