19-12-2011
Passport Req..
13-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2012
LANDED..........
25-08-2012
Hi,
I mailed my application to the CIO Nova Scotia the end of March and my application was recieved on April 6th, 2010. I am still waiting for my AOR.... its been almost 7 months and I am now worried when I can get my file number.

My consultant contacted to the CIO and they said CIO has stopped all the applications to be processed for now due tue processing procedure chaging and they dont know when they will start processing again...

Is there anyway to check my status?

Thank you.

Chimmm

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi April Applicants,

The following link is a PERFECT example of "HOW" CIC is trying to weed out applicants based on the IELTS score. Even though the candidate has qualified with 68 points for Immigration , he has been been asked to get HIGHER score in IELTS within a time period. This perfectly applies to candidates who are trying to overcome the barrier of 67 points with low IELTS score. In other words, if your NOC requires you to have HIGH apptitude for all the modules of IELTS,and your score does not reflect the same, then VO will ask you to retake the test despite your initial eligibility.

If there are such candidates on this thread then I would suggest them to retake the IELTS. If your 120d period is going to be over in the near future, then send the docs (IMPORTANT) and retake the test. In case you do get a request for HIGHER score then you will be able to send it right away without delaying your processing. You can send the improved scores till the time your application has not begun processing at your VO.

Clear indication for the NOC not in the current Ministerial List.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ielts-reading-and-listening-part-multiple-question-answer-confussion-t55741.0.html

Mitali

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chimmm said:
Hi,
I mailed my application to the CIO Nova Scotia the end of March and my application was recieved on April 6th, 2010. I am still waiting for my AOR.... its been almost 7 months and I am now worried when I can get my file number.

My consultant contacted to the CIO and they said CIO has stopped all the applications to be processed for now due tue processing procedure chaging and they dont know when they will start processing again...

Is there anyway to check my status?

Thank you.

Chimmm
Hi Chimmm,

I think you have waited for too long. Are you able to check yourself that your application was received on 6th April? Not many people have faith in Consultants, as you will find reading many posts on this forum by applicants about Con consultants.

You can call the CIO to inquire about the status of your application. The procedure to do so is on pg 82 of this thread. You may not be successful the first time, but be patient and try repeatedly.

I just found the following link. You may want to contact the people who are in same condition as yours and discuss strategies.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/six-months-after-cio-has-received-applicationbut-still-no-newspls-help-t55124.0.html

Mitali

chimmm

Oct 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2010
Doc's Request.
28-10-2010 (1st AOR)
AOR Received.
24-05-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with the appication
Med's Request
15-11-2011
Med's Done....
19-12-2011
Passport Req..
13-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2012
LANDED..........
25-08-2012
mitali said:
Hi Mitali,

Thank you so much for your advise.
I phoned to them but all the lines are busy, so I will try calling them tomorrow.

I cheked on Canada Post website and the CIO recieved my documents on April 6th.
I was wondering my case is not normal processing time and I now know something is going on.

In case im not successful at the first time, is that mean they will contact me anyways?
All I can do for now is wait patiently..

I will update once I figure it out.

Thank you.

Chimmm

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Chimmm,

Just forgot to add to my last post. Has your credit card or Demand draft been encashed already?

Well, if for some reason CIC (CIO) determines that you have not qualified for immigration,then they will send you an email (provided you have included your email in your application for future correspondence) with the reasons of disqualification. Sometimes the emails from CIO are recognised as SPAM, so please also check your SPAM box for their email.

Mitali

chimmm said:
mitali said:
Hi Mitali,

Thank you so much for your advise.
I phoned to them but all the lines are busy, so I will try calling them tomorrow.

I cheked on Canada Post website and the CIO recieved my documents on April 6th.
I was wondering my case is not normal processing time and I now know something is going on.

In case im not successful at the first time, is that mean they will contact me anyways?
All I can do for now is wait patiently..

I will update once I figure it out.

Thank you.

Chimmm

sameerkhan

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2010
Doc's Request.
25-06-2010
AOR Received.
1st = 25-06-2010 - 2nd 10-06-2011
File Transfer...
29-06-2010
Med's Request
INSHAALLAH v.SooOOooNN
VISA ISSUED...
INSHAALLAH
LANDED..........
INSHAALLAH
Hello All...

Finally i sent my full documents to LONDON VO yesterday (19th Oct 2010). Thankyou ALMIGHTY ALLAH, broaden evry bottle neck cam in my ways of preperation....

you all have played a great role.. Speciallllyyyyyyyy MITALI.... and .... SAKI... !

Thank you Guys..

Regards:
Sameer

MoatazEissa

Apr 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Doc's Request.
07-07-2010
mitali said:
Hi April Applicants,

The following link is a PERFECT example of "HOW" CIC is trying to weed out applicants based on the IELTS score. Even though the candidate has qualified with 68 points for Immigration , he has been been asked to get HIGHER score in IELTS within a time period. This perfectly applies to candidates who are trying to overcome the barrier of 67 points with low IELTS score. In other words, if your NOC requires you to have HIGH apptitude for all the modules of IELTS,and your score does not reflect the same, then VO will ask you to retake the test despite your initial eligibility.

If there are such candidates on this thread then I would suggest them to retake the IELTS. If your 120d period is going to be over in the near future, then send the docs (IMPORTANT) and retake the test. In case you do get a request for HIGHER score then you will be able to send it right away without delaying your processing. You can send the improved scores till the time your application has not begun processing at your VO.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ielts-reading-and-listening-part-multiple-question-answer-confussion-t55741.0.html

Mitali
Hi Mitali,
Nice to see your helpful posts back again :)
I think it is really inconsistent and unclear Criteria, totally at the discreation of the immigration officer.
Which NOC needs high score ? can we get any more specific details from any source ?
My scores are L:7.5 S:7 R:6.5 W:6 , my NOC is 1111
now started to get worry, Also IELTS is very stressful test wih a very long waiting for the nearest available exam date.
Shall i go for it again or my score can let me sail through ?

Thanks,
Moataz

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MoatazEissa said:
Hi Mitali,
Nice to see your helpful posts back again :)
I think it is really inconsistent and unclear Criteria, totally at the discreation of the immigration officer.
Which NOC needs high score ? can we get any more specific details from any source ?
My scores are L:7.5 S:7 R:6.5 W:6 , my NOC is 1111
now started to get worry, Also IELTS is very stressful test wih a very long waiting for the nearest available exam date.
Shall i go for it again or my score can let me sail through ?

Thanks,
Moataz
Hi Moataz,

You dont need to re-sit IELTS your score is really good i dont think visa officer will doubt your english proficiency. Visa officer are concerned for those applicants who have scored 4, 4.5 and 5 in 2 sections or more because that really shows that persons english level is not good enough.

Cheers
S@ki

MoatazEissa

Apr 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Doc's Request.
07-07-2010

smfaisal28

Nov 11, 2009
Karachi
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-10-2016
Nomination.....
11-01-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
13-05-2017
Med's Request
29-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-07-2017
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
08-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-09-2017 (Expecation)
LANDED..........
29-09-2017 (Expecation)
Dear All
Can anyone please help me . I got reply from Call center agent yesteday that my application is retuned on 19th Aug 2010 due to some missing documents, I am June 23rd Applicant, Can anyone please help me out , Can i re-apply again or there are no chances to apply now, I have also been a given a Client ID # previous when I talked to Agent , I have not received my packet yet......... please help

Thanks
Faisal

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smfaisal28 said:
Dear All
Can anyone please help me . I got reply from Call center agent yesteday that my application is retuned on 19th Aug 2010 due to some missing documents, I am June 23rd Applicant, Can anyone please help me out , Can i re-apply again or there are no chances to apply now, I have also been a given a Client ID # previous when I talked to Agent , I have not received my packet yet......... please help

Thanks
Faisal
Hi Faisal,

First of all sorry to hear that, its very unlikely that they would have given you a second chance to apply. You will need to re-apply again under the new rules if your NOC is still in the list.

Cheers
Saki

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
+1 for you...

mitali said:
Hi April Applicants,

Mitali

maran1976

Feb 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 April 2010
AOR Received.
26 Nov 2010 (2nd Aor Date)
Med's Request
28-02-2013
Med's Done....
6th March 2013
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Recvd by CHC Mar 13th
After a lot of hurdles and red tapism ( indian govt...grrrrr ! ) I managed to collect all the documents.
I have just sent them to CHC ND and it will be delievered tomorrow noon. I will wait with my fingers crosses..

Are we still maintaining the table that was created at the start of this thread ? Or a seperate thread for October Full Documents to VO...?

Best wishes to myself and to all !

aran

Star Member
May 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
AOR Received.
16-06-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with 2nd stage docs
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Med's Request
16-01-2012
Med's Done....
04-02-2012
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
29-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2012
LANDED..........
13-01-2013
Hi Mitalai,

I have send my 2nd stage doc to VO on 7th October and delivered to VO on 9th September which is a Saturday. Generally how long it will take to get the 2nd AOR? I'm bit worried as it was delivered on a non working day.

Thanks,
Aran.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aran said:
Hi Mitalai,

I have send my 2nd stage doc to VO on 7th October and delivered to VO on 9th September which is a Saturday. Generally how long it will take to get the 2nd AOR? I'm bit worried as it was delivered on a non working day.

Thanks,
Aran.
Hi Aran,

First of all, don't worry because your application was received on a Saturday. Once you have the confirmation that the application has been received and signed by them, then, it is their responsibility to place your application for processing. But beware that they are humans too and prone to errors...the red flag would be if you do not receive AOR beyond the stipulated time (after doing your research on the matter).

The receipt of 2nd AOR is predominantly dependent on the VO ; depending on how perennially slow they are like Buffalo or fast as ND. Colombo ofiice has a record of 15-20 days approx. for 2nd AOR, this number is based on the information from this forum.

I could find 2 people (there might be more) who have Colombo as their VO. They are Ruka and await. Ruka submitted his full docs on 27th July and got AOR on 11th Aug, while await got AOR on the same day (7th April) he submitted his full docs as he had delivered them in person. You may want to contact them to get further insights.

I am sure you will get your AOR soon.

Goodluck.

Mitali