+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<APRIL 2010 Applicants >>>>>>>

sidrakhan70

Jun 24, 2010
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/Concordance.aspx

guys check the link above. those who think that the NOC has changed and alot of occupations have been removed, here is a hope and explanation for them. saki and mitali i need your comments on this. by the way this is from the official canadian site :) best of luck to all who thought they werent included in the NOC

NeedAChange

Star Member
May 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-May-2010
Doc's Request.
6-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
14-Jan-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
5-Jul-2013
Med's Done....
13-Jul-2013, RPRF encashed on 13-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
5-Jul-2013, Passport reached on 8-Aug-2013
sidrakhan70 said:

guys check the link above. those who think that the NOC has changed and alot of occupations have been removed, here is a hope and explanation for them. saki and mitali i need your comments on this. by the way this is from the official canadian site :) best of luck to all who thought they werent included in the NOC
Hi, This does show the list of various occupations, it has nothing to do with the 29 NOC that are identified as most wanted occupation list in Canada right now. These 29 are eligible to apply through FSW category. The list was 38 before 26th June and many of the key occupations has been removed.

JPMA

May 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
AOR Received.
PER received 11-03-11
I have a question. I have more than 4 years experience in my job accumulative from my two employers and that's what i wrote in the application. the problem is, how can i get a certificate of employment from my first employer since the company has been dissolved? they have changed their businessname and i did not have job contract with them. although i still have contact with some of the senior supervisors still working there but not under my department before. what can i do? i have worked for four years with my previous employer and more than a year with my present employer.

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Human resource canada have classified all possible occupations and designated a NOC code for each... it does nt mean you can immigrate under them... there are only 29 occupations under FSW`program right now.

sidrakhan70 said:

physioguy

Apr 22, 2010
Hye Friends. I have to submit my full documents to the New delhi office. Could some one provide meor guide me to a link which has the list of requirements. Do I have to get official transcripts from the Universities or Colleges that I have studied from. I also want to know if I have to get the PCC for both me and my wife and If it has to be taken from both India and Canada(I am in canada for the last 11 months and she is in canada for the last 6 months)

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
docmd said:
Hi Mitali, Saki and other Seniors,

Please help me about my query-

At present, I have applied from India and I expect to receive AOR in coming weeks and I will hopefully be asked to submit full documents to ND visa office. But, I may move to US (on a temporary work visa) in a couple of months. What will happen then? Can I ask VO to transfer my case? Can I request CIO for submission of documents in US office instead of ND? I would appreciate your inputs... Please help me seniors.......

Thanks and Regards,

docmd
Hi docmd,

You are indeed in a tight situation. The options you have are as follows along with my opinon:

If you are getting an opportunity in US to better your career, then you should take it. Of coursr you will. How long is the work visa for? The question is how will this affect your PR application.

a) In order to have Buffalo as your Visa office, you need to be admitted legally for 1 year in US. In that case you have no option other than to have ND as your visa office.
b) Apply for PR with ND as your visa office. Since you say that you will be moving to US in couple of months,I guess all the formalities to move bases is more or less complete.
c) When you get your 1st AOR, (you will get it by email) and send your Full documents to ND, mention in your cover letter that your present address is in US. At this point you can decide if you want to request for a change of your VIsa office. You can have your Medical request at US provided you intimate them of your 'present address".

If you continue with ND then the only time you will have problem is when you will be asked for passport. And you can not mail your passport from US or vice a versa. That is illegal as Indian Law prohibits that. So you have to personally come to ND. If you can come then it should be fine.

On the other hand, if you request a change of visa office to Buffalo then you can avoid this problem. Secondly, if you change to Buffalo after sending your Full docs, then you have to maintain a legal status in that country till you get your Visa.

ND had picked up pace but now it has slowed down on new applications as the priority is on old applicants. And of course Buffalo has a history of being "SLOW". Its a fact known worldwide. But you never know the course of changes in the next couple of months. It is definitely very unpredictable.

I have given all the pros and cons...the dicision is for you to make.

Good luck with your new job in US and PR application.

Mitali

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
physioguy said:
Hye Friends. I have to submit my full documents to the New delhi office. Could some one provide meor guide me to a link which has the list of requirements. Do I have to get official transcripts from the Universities or Colleges that I have studied from. I also want to know if I have to get the PCC for both me and my wife and If it has to be taken from both India and Canada(I am in canada for the last 11 months and she is in canada for the last 6 months)
Hi physioguy,

Check the link below, this is the recent guidelines...I do not have the old one.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37029.pdf

You need transcripts from university.
You need PCC India for you and your spouse
As for Canada PCC, check the guidelines for ND office.

Mitali

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jamy said:
Dear Saki

in this case i had previous experience under one occupation for 3 years but this occupation was not listed in 38 occupational list.now the job i am doing since for last 2 and half years i applied under that occupation 4131 code.
does this mean that i can claim points for 5 years 3+2.5 years or i will get just 2.5 year job points.i do have work experience certificate and contract for previous job as well.what is your opinion ?
Hi Jamy,

Sorry for not being able to answer your question earlier.

1) You can claim points that in on the NOC list (4131 in your case), ie 2.5yrs
2) You can claim points for the other occupation (3yrs ) only if it was a job with Skilll level of A, B or O type. Need not have to be on the 38 NOC list. Check the skill level of the other job to claim points.
3) Experience letter from the NOC listed is a must but you may add other experience letters (Not in nOC list) to make a strong case.

Hope this helps.

Mitali

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JPMA said:
I have a question. I have more than 4 years experience in my job accumulative from my two employers and that's what i wrote in the application. the problem is, how can i get a certificate of employment from my first employer since the company has been dissolved? they have changed their businessname and i did not have job contract with them. although i still have contact with some of the senior supervisors still working there but not under my department before. what can i do? i have worked for four years with my previous employer and more than a year with my present employer.
Hi JPMA,

Request your previous employer (the company which is not existent anymore but has renamed itself) to give you a reference letter which will mention that you had earlier worked under the Company ABC and which has now been designated as XYZ.

If you did not have a job contract then you can pull out your payslips or the bank statements which would prove that the salary came from that company which has dissolved.

If your senior supervisors can vouch for you then request them to write a letter of reference for you with the mention of previous and the new company details. Do not forget to take a Business card. Have everything written on Company letterhead.

Mitali

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bhai Log @ CIO please ya to par laga do ya aar laga do.. latkao mat yaaar.....

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gavi said:
Hi Saki,

is it a must to send in you organizations Contract letter and Experience Letter?

or

is it ok for just the experience letter only

the reason is that im working for a company called CLS but im under the residence visa of a company called GLS. My experiece letter is from CLS (signed by my immediate boss) but my work contract is from GLS.

NOte that my CLS experience letter does say that i am under the residency of GLS

any Advice ?
Hi Gavi,

Below is the same answer I sent you on 21st July,maybe you missed it.

Hi Gavi,

The purpose is to lead the VO through a very uncomplicated assessment of your documents. Which is easy for us to understand,it may not be same for the VO.

Add in your contract. Write a coverletter and explain how both CLS and GLS are related. In clear words explain you work for CLS and thus the corresponding Reference letter from CLS. I am sure you will have more informations and supporting docs to add in your cover letter. Maintain a Annex type of profile.

Mitali

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pinkureenu said:
Dear Saki and Mitali,

Require your guidance... I got my 1st AOR on 20.07.10... Now going to send documents to ND Visa office. Most of my all documents are ready. But i am little bit confused on points for my work experience.

I applied under NOC 9212. I have experience of 3.5 years under NOC 9212 and earlier experience of 3 years under NOC 6221. Till June 10 revised list, NOC 9212 was there in list. As per my understanding from web, to get eligible, only 1 year experience require under listed NOCs, balance you can get points for all your experience.

Can you pl check and guide, whether i will get considereation of points for my both experience of 6.5 years OR only for NOC 9212 of 3.5 years under selection factor of 67 point.

With consideration of both experience, i will be get 69 points otherwise on border of 67 points.

Pl share your views....

Regards,
Hi pinkureenu,

You can claim points for your earlier experience only if its in the Skill level of A,B or O. Double check the skill level of the past jobs.

Mitali

upp942

May 27, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo &gt;&gt; Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-May-2010
Doc's Request.
01-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
23-May-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with initial application
Med's Request
02-May-2012 (post mark)
Med's Done....
24-May-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01-Nov-12
VISA ISSUED...
14-Nov-12
mena . said:
Dear Saki

for Poof of english .. except ilets is there any other exam .. like ToyFL

as when i went to the british council yesterday the nerest available date is after 2.5 monthes :eek: :eek:

waiting your reply
They will accept IELTS and CELPIP. Good luck! :D

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp

docmd

Jul 21, 2010
mitali said:
Hi docmd,

You are indeed in a tight situation. The options you have are as follows along with my opinon:

If you are getting an opportunity in US to better your career, then you should take it. Of coursr you will. How long is the work visa for? The question is how will this affect your PR application.

a) In order to have Buffalo as your Visa office, you need to be admitted legally for 1 year in US. In that case you have no option other than to have ND as your visa office.
b) Apply for PR with ND as your visa office. Since you say that you will be moving to US in couple of months,I guess all the formalities to move bases is more or less complete.
c) When you get your 1st AOR, (you will get it by email) and send your Full documents to ND, mention in your cover letter that your present address is in US. At this point you can decide if you want to request for a change of your VIsa office. You can have your Medical request at US provided you intimate them of your 'present address".

If you continue with ND then the only time you will have problem is when you will be asked for passport. And you can not mail your passport from US or vice a versa. That is illegal as Indian Law prohibits that. So you have to personally come to ND. If you can come then it should be fine.

On the other hand, if you request a change of visa office to Buffalo then you can avoid this problem. Secondly, if you change to Buffalo after sending your Full docs, then you have to maintain a legal status in that country till you get your Visa.

ND had picked up pace but now it has slowed down on new applications as the priority is on old applicants. And of course Buffalo has a history of being "SLOW". Its a fact known worldwide. But you never know the course of changes in the next couple of months. It is definitely very unpredictable.

I have given all the pros and cons...the dicision is for you to make.

Good luck with your new job in US and PR application.

Mitali
Excellent! Thanks a lot. Appreciated!

docmd

Jul 21, 2010
saki said:
See if you apply to ND then you will have to inform them to transfer your file to US but as you are not sending full docs to ND then you need to request CIO about the change of office with a reason why you need to do so. You will have 120 days to submit full docs either to US or ND. ND is normally taking around 6 months to issue a visa if everything goes fine. About US i am not sure how long but they are definetly taking more time then ND.

Cheers
Saki
Thank you very much...