+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<APRIL 2010 Applicants >>>>>>>

jenny92

Jan 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied it last early of December to Buffalo office and they sent mail to my representitive last end of march about requesting application with new format.
So we submited it again early of Last April.
I am still waiting for pre-approval now.
I am very worry about what my application is going.
Do I need to send all documents to CIO before I get pre-approval ?

Is there anyone who can give me comment about this ?

Thank you very much.

navali

May 23, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I saw the following post on another thread:

"""""Please help me out, i had recently got rejection under FSW NOC 1231(bookkeeper). On june 22nd 2010, they updated my status with DECISION MADE. And just today i got rejection letter stating that we have closed your file for the following reasons. But the rejection points are simple. The reasons were -

- That your experience letter was exact copy of NOC Code 1231 regarding your duties.
- You havent attached business card of your employer with your file.
- Your salary was not mentioned in your experience letter."""""""

tukku78

Star Member
Apr 2, 2010
mitali said:
Hi tukku,

I completely agree with you that it is overwhelmingly difficult to get "transcripts in sealed envelope"...esp if you are outside India.

Mumbai University is a famous University. While I believe you that online facility to get the transcripts is difficult, contacting the Registrar by mail (Mail having tracking #) and then follow up by telephone (keep telephone references) should be attempted. The reason being that...in case you still are not able to get any response then you can send these supporting docs

1. Tracking # of the mail and the request letter and
2. if you have the telephone details in your utility bills

and mention in your letter that you live abroad and tried and yet were unsuccessful and thus you are sending Notarised transcripts instead of "Univ sealed transcripts" and also provide clearly the Univ address and the contact # in your letter.

This will serve multiple purpose:
1. Will show you attempted the way they wanted
2. Will show you have been transparent from your side.

Now it is upto the VO to check with your Univ as you gave them the contact details regarding the validity of your transcripts.

Many people are sending Notarised Transcripts and maybe are also being waived but it is up to you how much risk you want to take with your application.

Mitali
Thanks Mitali for answering!!

erdem

Jul 20, 2010
Hi All,

My FSW application package was delivered on 13 May 2010 to CIO, Sydney but I have not got any email or such a notification from them so far. (Also fee was not charged from CC)

What is the max. time duration to get first approve message from CIO? (I'm applying from Turkey)

Should I contact with CIO about my application? (Even I do not know if they have my application package or not. My courier says that it is delivered on that date.) If yes, could you please let me know how can I contact with CIO?

Thanks in advance.

tukku78

Star Member
Apr 2, 2010
One more question Guys!!!
1>While reading some posts on the forum I read that some people have been denied if the work experience letter has exact same responsibilities as is in description on NOC list.Is that such a big issue?Because I mentioned the same responsibilities plus couple of more responsibilities.Is that not fine?
2>Also is business card mandatory?If work experience is on company letter lead then is that not enough as it will have contact details?
3>Also salary,time worked I can prove through paystubs and tax returns is that not enough?
Thanks,
tukku78

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tukku78 said:
One more question Guys!!!
1>While reading some posts on the forum I read that some people have been denied if the work experience letter has exact same responsibilities as is in description on NOC list.Is that such a big issue?Because I mentioned the same responsibilities plus couple of more responsibilities.Is that not fine?
2>Also is business card mandatory?If work experience is on company letter lead then is that not enough as it will have contact details?
3>Also salary,time worked I can prove through paystubs and tax returns is that not enough?
Thanks,
tukku78
navali said:
I saw the following post on another thread:

"""""Please help me out, i had recently got rejection under FSW NOC 1231(bookkeeper). On june 22nd 2010, they updated my status with DECISION MADE. And just today i got rejection letter stating that we have closed your file for the following reasons. But the rejection points are simple. The reasons were -

- That your experience letter was exact copy of NOC Code 1231 regarding your duties.
- You havent attached business card of your employer with your file.
- Your salary was not mentioned in your experience letter."""""""

Hi tukku and Navali,

Navali, your post from other thread is an important indication of how CHC is working, One word for them is -Strict scrutiny. The applicant got away ( many will get away as well) at CIO with the initial processing of application.

Even the most unimportant thing (in our minds) such as not providing a Business/Visiting card can cause "Return of application". This is going to be followed even more strictly for applicants who are no more in the current NOC list. As I had mentioned earlier, now there is a surplus of the professionals of NOC codes which are no more in the current list.It is not mentioned anywhere but it is simple logic. So their strategy is to screen these applicants even more closely and screen them.

2. Never copy and paste Job descriptions in your reference letters. That is a red flag to the VO as he can see that - You have requested your employer to write exactly what you want. So the letter in other words is "Doctored"- means it is not what your employer thinks about your performance at job, but clearly is your suggestion to incorporate in the reference letter.

3. Mention salary, hours and benefits...follow the Checklist again stritcly...means very strictly...letter by letter.

@ tukku

Hopefully Navali's post addressess most of your questions.

1. It is a BIG issue to copy paste job duties onto reference letters as I mentioned above. Do not do it.
2. You can add more job duties...that is your credit.
3. Your job duties can be on Company letterhead (with all company details), but it SHOULD be signed by the employer below. Where is the assurance for the VO to justify that you (Applicant) did not get hold of a Company letterhead from somewhere and printed off the Job duties yourself?
4. You can prove by producing hrs at work, salary, paystub, tax docs as it is justified in your mind... but it has to be mentiond on the Reference letter by your employer. The VO will check only with one person ,incase he has any doubt and that would be your Employer. He is definitely NOT going to check each and every document that you have send to satisfy your claim. The VO has to check mammoth number of applications each day.

That is the reason to put salary, hrs, benefits in the reference letter by the Employer, so that VO can contact 1 person and not an army of people if he had doubts.

The reason for a business card: You can get Business card only from people who own them. So you can not get cards (unlike Company letterheads) from your employer untill he wants you to have one. This will serve multiple purpose

1) Will show that you have contacted the employer
2) Easy for the VO to check your credentials directly from your employer. Note that sometime the Company letterheads do not mention the name of the Employer so in those case Business cards are essential.

I am absolutely sure that there must have been cases in the past wherein the Company letterheads did not match up with the Name of the employer....and thus Business cards are required which also determines the current availability of the Employer..

Thanks to Navali for posting the IMPORTANT post.

Sorry guys for the long post. I do not want you guys to loose your applications after getting your AORs. Though I lost my application at the initial stage at CIO. Just be very careful.

Mitali

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
erdem said:
Hi All,

My FSW application package was delivered on 13 May 2010 to CIO, Sydney but I have not got any email or such a notification from them so far. (Also fee was not charged from CC)

What is the max. time duration to get first approve message from CIO? (I'm applying from Turkey)

Should I contact with CIO about my application? (Even I do not know if they have my application package or not. My courier says that it is delivered on that date.) If yes, could you please let me know how can I contact with CIO?

Thanks in advance.
Hi erdem,

It is little early for you to get your AOR. Currently, April 23rd people are getting their CC and AOR. Later if you may wish to contact CIO you may do so by following the pg 82 of thi thread and check the post of SAKI. You can also check the updated list of April applicants to get a better picture of the timeline.

Mitali

Mitali

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pinkureenu said:
hi Guys,

Good news for me, i got 1st AOR mail from FSW. As per mail from FSW, My DD got cleared on 7th Jun 10.

Regards,
Congrats Pinkureenu. I remember you were extremely worried.

Mitali

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jenny92 said:
I applied it last early of December to Buffalo office and they sent mail to my representitive last end of march about requesting application with new format.
So we submited it again early of Last April.
I am still waiting for pre-approval now.
I am very worry about what my application is going.
Do I need to send all documents to CIO before I get pre-approval ?

Is there anyone who can give me comment about this ?

Thank you very much.
Hi Jenny,

You can check the staus of your application online. Please check.

Mitali

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
navali said:
Hi Saki/Mitali,

I have one more question regarding PCC. We should get PCC from a country where we lived for 6 months or more. Should this period continuos? Or do we need to get PCC from a country where we lived more than a year but no continuous 6 months.

Actually, I was based in Qatar (Resident Visa by employer) but was frequently traveling to other countries for company business purposes. For example traveled from Qatar to Bahrain (on visit visa) and stayed there for 3 months then came back then after some days/weeks again went to Bahrain (on visit visa) and stayed there for 4 months and so on...... Now I got PCC from Qatar (although I never stayed in Qatar for continuous 06 months inspite of having resident visa due to nature of job) but do I need to get PCC from Bahrain as well (although no continuous stay of 6 months and all stay on visit visa).

Please help and guide....
Hi Navali,

It is good that you got PCC from QATAR. PCC from Bahrain is not required.

Have you mentioned anywhere in your application that you were on Business trips for 3-4 months? I think it will be a good idea to mention on an extra sheet of paper all these dates and how many days (dig out from your passport) that you were out for Business trips..esp the the trips with longer duration.

You dont want the processing of your application to be delayed if VO had questions about these trips. It does not hurt to give extra information for the sake of transparency.

Mitali

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alizia said:
i gave the paper of IELTS from AEO
the only difference in British counsil and AEO is 2000 Rs nothing else
you just have to pay 2000 extra in AEO
rest there is no difference in both centers
some ppl says that AEO gives .5 band extra and that is not true
Dear dear Aliza, Murtazaa and MAk100,

Please educate me on this... What is AEO?

Mitali

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mitali said:
Hi Vehshi,

Your DD has just been charged. You may have wait 2 weeks minimum....but there is no assurance. Check this thread for time line.

Mitali
Hi Vehshi,

Ok, if DD has been charged on 18th June, then probably you are on the brink of getting your AOR. In the meantime call CIO. Refer to pg 82 for SAki's post.

Mitali

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mak100 said:
mitali and saki please advice,

i appeared in IELTS test and scored 7 bands, i applied in month of May-10 and included my IELTS result in my application, application reached 26-May-10 and as per i m following april-2010 applicants forum i have seen the difference of one or two days so they will consider it receipts on 28-May-10, my question is that there are no signs of AOR from CIC for May-10 applicants, my IELTS test showing date of result OCT-09 and in OCT-10 it would be one year old please advice me do i have to appear in IELTS test again for full documents submission.

please do advice
Hi Mak100,

Your IELTS should be valid when it is RECEIVED by CHC. That would mean that if your IELTS was dated 15th October then your full docs should reach CHC by 15th Oct to retain the validity of your IELTS score.

IELTS scores were never to be send to CIO. It was requested to write the test for your own benefit to know exacltly where you stand with your points.

Mitali

tukku78

Star Member
Apr 2, 2010
mitali said:
Hi tukku and Navali,

Navali, your post from other thread is an important indication of how CHC is working, One word for them is -Strict scrutiny. The applicant got away ( many will get away as well) at CIO with the initial processing of application.

Even the most unimportant thing (in our minds) such as not providing a Business/Visiting card can cause "Return of application". This is going to be followed even more strictly for applicants who are no more in the current NOC list. As I had mentioned earlier, now there is a surplus of the professionals of NOC codes which are no more in the current list.It is not mentioned anywhere but it is simple logic. So their strategy is to screen these applicants even more closely and screen them.

2. Never copy and paste Job descriptions in your reference letters. That is a red flag to the VO as he can see that - You have requested your employer to write exactly what you want. So the letter in other words is "Doctored"- means it is not what your employer thinks about your performance at job, but clearly is your suggestion to incorporate in the reference letter.

3. Mention salary, hours and benefits...follow the Checklist again stritcly...means very strictly...letter by letter.

@ tukku

Hopefully Navali's post addressess most of your questions.

1. It is a BIG issue to copy paste job duties onto reference letters as I mentioned above. Do not do it.
2. You can add more job duties...that is your credit.
3. Your job duties can be on Company letterhead (with all company details), but it SHOULD be signed by the employer below. Where is the assurance for the VO to justify that you (Applicant) did not get hold of a Company letterhead from somewhere and printed off the Job duties yourself?
4. You can prove by producing hrs at work, salary, paystub, tax docs as it is justified in your mind... but it has to be mentiond on the Reference letter by your employer. The VO will check only with one person ,incase he has any doubt and that would be your Employer. He is definitely NOT going to check each and every document that you have send to satisfy your claim. The VO has to check mammoth number of applications each day.

That is the reason to put salary, hrs, benefits in the reference letter by the Employer, so that VO can contact 1 person and not an army of people if he had doubts.

The reason for a business card: You can get Business card only from people who own them. So you can not get cards (unlike Company letterheads) from your employer untill he wants you to have one. This will serve multiple purpose

1) Will show that you have contacted the employer
2) Easy for the VO to check your credentials directly from your employer. Note that sometime the Company letterheads do not mention the name of the Employer so in those case Business cards are essential.

I am absolutely sure that there must have been cases in the past wherein the Company letterheads did not match up with the Name of the employer....and thus Business cards are required which also determines the current availability of the Employer..

Thanks to Navali for posting the IMPORTANT post.

Sorry guys for the long post. I do not want you guys to loose your applications after getting your AORs. Though I lost my application at the initial stage at CIO. Just be very careful.

Mitali
Thanks Mitali for your feedback.Its really appreciated.I am very surprised your application was rejected in the initial screening.Did they give any reason?

sushii

Star Member
May 8, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/04/2010
Doc's Request.
20/07/2010
AOR Received.
20/07/2010
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Interview........
Hopefully No
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
all friends

received my AOR. and waiting for other documents to be ready. PCC might take 2-3 more weeks.
good luck to all. i trust and pray