Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Sept-2013
Thanks Saki!
I appreciate your quick reply.

Yes! now a day’s am collecting my docs so that I can send them straight away after getting AOR.

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saki said:
Hi Lakhvinder,

Thats right you got your PCC on 14th July so it is valid until 14th October, if you dont apply before that you will need to get a new one, i am hoping that you will get your AOR before that, just get ready all your other documents so that you dont have to wait much after receiving AOR.

Cheers
Saki
Saki I think the PCC should not be older then 3 months from the date (lock-in date of receipt of application) you send your initial application to Sydney & not 3 months from the date of AOR. Pls. check.
I have a copy of the old instruction guide & this is what it says. Now with the new instruction guide it will be difficult to check this since new rules require to send the PCC to Sydney with the initial application itself.

Rgds,
Yukon

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yukon said:
Saki I think the PCC should not be older then 3 months from the date (lock-in date of receipt of application) you send your initial application to Sydney & not 3 months from the date of AOR. Pls. check.
I have a copy of the old instruction guide & this is what it says. Now with the new instruction guide it will be difficult to check this since new rules require to send the PCC to Sydney with the initial application itself.

Rgds,
Yukon
Hi Yukon,

You are right on your side but what i have heard from seniors on the forum and from some consultants that PCC should not be 3 month older from the date you submit your full docs to visa office. Some ppl agree to it but some dont and i have explained this in detail before why i think its from tthe submssion date. The main reason is that CIC itself took 3 months to make decision on your application and then further you have 4 months to submit your application which means your PCC will already be 6 to 7 months old when you submit your full docs to visa office and then visa office takes another atleast 2 moths to start working on it so how can CIC give the lock in date as the date when they receive your application.

Its just my own thinking and my beleive that 3 months is from the date you submit your full docs.

Cheers
Saki

lakhvinder.kaur

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2010
New Delhi India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Sept-2013
yukon said:

Rgds,
Yukon
Hi yukon,
that mean my PCC is valid even after three months, as i got it after sending my app to CIO. can u please tell me where from i can confirm this?

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lakhvinder.kaur said:
Hi yukon,
that mean my PCC is valid even after three months, as i got it after sending my app to CIO. can u please tell me where from i can confirm this?
Lakhvinder this is an excerpt from the old instruction guide EG7:

Police certificates
All applicants must submit police certificates/clearances as part of the application process.
Note: Do not submit your police certificates to the CIO. If your application is recommended by the CIO for further assessment, you will be required to submit the police certificates along with the full application to the Canadian Visa Office indicated on your application.
You and all of your family members who are 18 years of age and older and who are not permanent residents or Canadian citizens will have to provide:

a valid police certificate, or

a police clearance, or

a record of no information.
These documents are to be provided for each country other than Canada, in which you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18.
Note: If you or your family members were under 18 years of age (16 years of age in certain jurisdictions) for the entire time you lived in a particular country, you do not need to provide a police certificate for that country.
You may begin to gather your police certificates before submitting your application to the CIO. Although you will not submit the police certificate to the CIO, you must be ready to submit them to a visa office if your application is recommended for further assessment at a Canadian visa office. When you submit the application to the visa office please ensure that your certificates were not issued more than three months before you submitted your application to the CIO.For applicants requiring multiple police certificates, please be certain these documents can be produced at the time of the submission of your application to the Canadian visa office.
If the original certificate is not in English or French, submit both the certificate and the original copy of a translation prepared by an accredited translator.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lakhvinder.kaur said:
Hi yukon,
Hi lakhvinder,

Suppose your application is received on 10th April at CIO and you get your PCC dated anytime after 10th April, you are fine.

But if your PCC is dated 10th Jan then that is the cut off date for the validity of your PCC (Consider the time it would require to reach CHC). That means PCC dated 9th Jan and earlier will be considered invalid.

Hope this helps.

Mitali

lakhvinder.kaur

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2010
New Delhi India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Sept-2013
Thanks Mitali,Yukon and saki.
I think old rules are applied to my appliation since its before 26 june. but i will see if it is required again as per new VO rules i will try to get another PCC at that time actually it was an easy process in Delhi to get PCC, i got mine within two hours.
thanks for giving time.

lakhvinder.kaur

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2010
New Delhi India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Sept-2013
Hi
one more thing i want to know, I got PC certificate and apart from this they stamped it on my paasport too as i got it from passport office. Is it fine? i never heard that it is stamped on passport. so m bit confused.

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lakhvinder.kaur said:
Hi
one more thing i want to know, I got PC certificate and apart from this they stamped it on my paasport too as i got it from passport office. Is it fine? i never heard that it is stamped on passport. so m bit confused.
Hi Lakhvinder,

I am not sure of this as normally people get PCC from there local police station and you got it from Passport office which is a bit weird. Can you please check with some other Indian applicants who have got there PCC.

India
Police Certificate needed?
Yes.
How to get one?
Local Requests
For districts other than the Punjab: Applicants should contact the local Senior Superintendent of Police/ Superintendent of Police/ Commissioner or Deputy Commissioner of Police, the Additional Commissioner of Police, or the Station House Officer (Police clearance certificate issued by the Regional Passport Office are also acceptable.
For residents of the Punjab: Only the Senior Superintendent of Police or the Regional Passport Office may sign a Police Clearance Certificate.
Non-Resident Requests
You should contact the Indian embassy or consulate.

Cheers
Saki

lakhvinder.kaur

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2010
New Delhi India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Sept-2013
Hi Saki
Actually i went by this specification, (Police clearance certificate issued by the Regional Passport Office are also acceptable)..

well lets see wat other suggestions come regarding this.

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lakhvinder.kaur said:
Hi Saki
Actually i went by this specification, (Police clearance certificate issued by the Regional Passport Office are also acceptable)..

well lets see wat other suggestions come regarding this.
Yes, Lakhvinder PCC from Passport Office is perfectly acceptable. And rightly pointed out by you & from the extract pasted by Saki from the cic website.
For every country the requirement of issuing authority maybe different. For India other then Punjab, the Passport Office has been authorized by cic as a valid issuer of PCC. The process is the same as for Passport issuance.
As regards the stamp on your passport, it does not matter. It only gives you positive points for having cleared Poilce verification, should somebody be interested !! :D

pgt

Star Member
Jul 1, 2009
@ Lakhvinder

Please refer following link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp

It states that you should either get a certificate from passport ofice or the suprintendent of police.

All the best

OmSai73

Mar 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
God's Decession
Passport Req..
1-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Yes on Dec-15-2014
LANDED..........
Planning for March 2015
Wanted to share some info......

As you may know, your applications are already in process and the New regulation changes and the new occupations list does not affect your application. Please note that recently, some of the people faced this problem, the applicant’s credit card information provided for the government processing fees got declined and therefore the entire application was returned without further process.

This is serious issue, as the regulations have changed and we cannot re-submit the application unless the applicant qualifies under the current eligibility criteria. So please….please follow up on your credit card details and ensure the government fees get processed. You need not worry if you have paid the government fees by bank draft or money order, this is mainly for those applicants who have given credit card details for fee process.

Please keep a track of your credit card particulars, if the fee has been processed, it’s a good sign and normally it takes 4 – 6 weeks after the fee is processed.

Karen Chu

Jun 17, 2010
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2010
AOR Received.
July 15, 2010
File Transfer...
October 27, 2010
Med's Request
October 6, 2011
Med's Done....
October 27, 2011
Passport Req..
January 18, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
February 14, 2012
Hey guys so what checklist are we gonna follow now the new one or the old one? Got my letter yesterday and i am confused if i will follow the new checklist or not. Seniors please help

lakhvinder.kaur

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2010
New Delhi India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Sept-2013
yukon said:
Yes, Lakhvinder PCC from Passport Office is perfectly acceptable. And rightly pointed out by you & from the extract pasted by Saki from the cic website.
For every country the requirement of issuing authority maybe different. For India other then Punjab, the Passport Office has been authorized by cic as a valid issuer of PCC. The process is the same as for Passport issuance.
As regards the stamp on your passport, it does not matter. It only gives you positive points for having cleared Poilce verification, should somebody be interested !! :D
Thanks for help yukon and pgt . :)