+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APPROVED!!! Passport finally requested!!!

syedd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
sorry i missed few things in my last reply.

its London office which is dealing with my application. No I don't have any access to IO for an update, all i can do is droping them an email as usual which they are not replying to any further since i had my interview.

nncs

Mar 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2010
File Transfer...
8-Feb-2010
Interview........
10-Aug-2010
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Congrats Congrats Congrats!!!!!!!!

You have no idea how much hope you've brought to me with your post. Especially that I'm almost in an IDENTICAL situation as you.

Few questions:

1) How did you end up w/ the IO's contact info in Sweden and his phone number and stuff? -- I might keep that in mind since my husband has to attend an interview in Stockholm too.

2) You husband had his interview so close to the time it started processing in London, I've been waiting to have an interview scheduled for almost 4 months now; do you think they're doing background checks in the meantime? I REALLY hope the case isn't just there sitting and pending an interview date only and AFTER the interview they go for background checks - that's my biggest nightmare. Any thoughs for people that have had to wait so long for an interview dat?

3) Does your husband carry an Iraqi passport or a Swedish travel document?

4) Was your husband working/studying at uni/studying language in Sweden?

I would REALLY appreciate to hear some thoughts :) Thank you so much.

nncs

Mar 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2010
File Transfer...
8-Feb-2010
Interview........
10-Aug-2010
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Ohhhh ONE more question,

5) What were your updates like on e-cas throughout the entire process???? Mine only says "We have started processing your application on February 10, 2010" THAT'S IT.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
OH MY GOD....I am so happy for you, I have been away from the forum for long...I swear to God, you made me cry..
good luck...

Mrs. Turan

Mar 11, 2010
Vancouver Island, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
The Canadian Embassy, Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2010
File Transfer...
06-05-2010
Med's Request
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
20-08-2011
Interview........
23-06-2010
Passport Req..
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2011
LANDED..........
25-12-2011
That's wonderful news! I'm so happy for you. Congratulations ;D

SadGirl:(

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Syedd,

syedd said:
1. Did IO handed all documents back to your husband after an interview such as pictures, marriage certificate or anything except application forms ?
The IO gave my husband back our pictures. I believe that's all as everything else was a photocopy. I have the original marriage certificate.

syedd said:
2. Did IO tell you husband that it was going for security checks which might take sometime i mean anything related to background checks or did he tell him how long it will take to get the visa after interview like he told me 4 to six weeks ?
After the interview, the IO officer told my husband that he's sending the application back to London for a routine background check and he told my husband that in about one month you should be getting your passport request. Back in March 2009 we had our hopes up and we started to make plans, but when a month passed by and we heard nothing we got concerned. In the beginning of May 2009 I sent an email enquiry to London and they responded saying that they are awaiting the results of routine background checks. At the same time, my husband also called the Canadian Embassy in Sweden and asked to speak with the IO that done the interview, and the IO said the same thing. So my husband thought that if I spoke with the IO he might give us more information as I would be calling from Canada, so at the end of May 2009 I called the IO and he told me that in the beginning of June 2009 the case will be up for a security check. So we waited all of June. By mid-July when we heard nothing, I got in contact with this IO and asked him about the results of the security check, he told me the decision was to send it back for an indepth backgound check. From then until June 2010 we waited and waited and waited. The most frustrating part was that every two or three months they would get our hopes up thinking that they are going to make a decision and then when the end of two or three months came they would respond to us that they are still awaiting the result of routine background checks and we need to wait another two or three months for a decision. We were in limbo for all of this time for no reason. None of these IO is going to pay the price for us losing two years of our lives except us -- in my humble opinion, these IOs have no compassion.

syedd said:
No I don't have any access to IO for an update, all i can do is droping them an email as usual which they are not replying to any further since i had my interview.
As for London not responding to your emails, I don't find that unusual. They didn't always respond to my emails too. Did you have your interview at the Canadain Embassy in London or at another Canadian Embassy? Because if it was at another Canadian Embassy you might be able to call them and ask to speak to that specific IO. That's what my husband did. However, the receptionist did not always put us through to the IO, alot of the time she would tell us that he does not take any personal calls. But sometimes we were lucky.

syedd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Thanks for getting back to me .. :D

did IO advise your husband to get a new medical and a new police certificate at the time of interview ? if your answer is no then at what point he was asked to a new medical ? Could I ask you your husband nationality please ?

Thanks

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi nncs :)
How are you doing? Thank you so much!!! This was such a long, painful, and very stressful process, but thank God it is over with. It feels like such a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders!!!

nncs said:
1) How did you end up w/ the IO's contact info in Sweden and his phone number and stuff? -- I might keep that in mind since my husband has to attend an interview in Stockholm too.
My husband's interview was in Stockholm at the Canadian Embassy in Sweden. I don't have the IO's direct phone number, what I would do is call the Canadian Embassy in Sweden and ask to speak to that particular IO. The receptionist would sometimes put me through to him and other times she would tell me that he does not take any personal calls. However, these past few months I was really putting on the pressure by calling every week and insisting to speak to him. If your husband's interview is at the Canadian Embassy in Sweden, the best thing for him to do is know what the name of his IO is. That way you or your husband can try calling the Canadian Embassy in Sweden and ask the receptionist to speak to that IO -- they might just put you through. As for getting in contact with London, there is absolutely no way to get in contact with London by phone -- the only way is by email.

nncs said:
2) You husband had his interview so close to the time it started processing in London, I've been waiting to have an interview scheduled for almost 4 months now; do you think they're doing background checks in the meantime? I REALLY hope the case isn't just there sitting and pending an interview date only and AFTER the interview they go for background checks - that's my biggest nightmare. Any thoughs for people that have had to wait so long for an interview dat?
I am not sure. In our situation the background checks happened after the interview. The IO that I spoke with told me that background checks normally happen after the interview. However, I do know of others who have had their backgrounds checked and cleared before the interview date was sceduled and the interview for them was the last step in the process. I also know of some who have had their backgrounds checked and cleared and then the interview was waived. So, I'm not sure -- I guess it depends on a case-by-case basis. If I were to take a guess, I would guess that since you have been waiting for such a long time for an interview to be scheduled that they are doing the background checks.

nncs said:
3) Does your husband carry an Iraqi passport or a Swedish travel document?
My husband carries an Iraqi passport and Swedish permanent residencey. No Swedish citizenship or passport.

nncs said:
4) Was your husband working/studying at uni/studying language in Sweden?
My husband was working and studing Swedish language and society. My husband completed all his school and university in Iraq.

nncs said:
Ohhhh ONE more question,
5) What were your updates like on e-cas throughout the entire process? Mine only says "We have started processing your application on February 10, 2010" THAT'S IT.
E-cas never updates. The only time it actually helped was to inform us on the date of the interview as my husband never did receive a letter in his mail. The status of my e-cas still says that it is "in prcess" and all that it say is "We started processing your application on January 8, 2009. Interview scheduled for March 26, 2009." I believe the only time it will change is when the visa is stamped in the passport.

Inshallah, you will hear something very soon. To encourage you, for the people that I know who had to wait months before their interview was scheduled, once they had their interview, their applications were finalized soon after. They got their passport request days after their interview.

Please keep me posted on your case. I will continue to pray for you and your husband. I know exactly how both of you feel.

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
syedd said:
Thanks for getting back to me .. :D

did IO advise your husband to get a new medical and a new police certificate at the time of interview ? if your answer is no then at what point he was asked to a new medical ? Could I ask you your husband nationality please ?

Thanks
At the time of the interview, my husband's first medicals were valid and good. So at that time he did not need to redo them. However, as the expiry date of the first medicals were approaching, we began to worry, so I called the IO in Sweden and asked him what are we to do. He advised us that it would be best to renew the medicals so that when my husband gets his PPR we don't have to wait another month or two for the medicals to clear. The IO advised us that it is always best to keep the information up-to-date so as to reduce the waiting time. As for the police certificates we never had to renew them; as long as they are cleared the first time they never need to be resubmitted.

My husband is from Iraq. How about you? Where are you and your husband from?

Where do you plan to settle in Canada?

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rorita_76 said:
OH MY GOD....I am so happy for you, I have been away from the forum for long...I swear to God, you made me cry..
good luck...
Hi Rorita!!! :)

How are you? How's life treating you?

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much!!! I am so HAPPY. My husband was just flying when he finally got the passport request. I can't believe it, we are finally going to be able to begin our lives together for real now!!! WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!

nncs

Mar 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2010
File Transfer...
8-Feb-2010
Interview........
10-Aug-2010
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Thank you for taking the time and reply in such detail :)

You deserve all the best. I have hope again!!!!!!!!!