+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

Jozy

Jun 1, 2018
They are very slow in their work. You can try their other email id. I finally had to travel there to get an update on my application. Have you signed up for a SMS service? Otherwise they don't even notify you if there was a problem with your application. You can call the helplines and add this service.
They are very slow in their work. You can try their other email id. I finally had to travel there to get an update on my application. Have you signed up for a SMS service? Otherwise they don't even notify you if there was a problem with your application. You can call the helplines and add this service.

Dear Rohin,

Thanks for your reply.

1) I did send an e-mail to them at info.canger@vfshelpline.com. They just reposnded that they will let me know once application is taken into work.
2) I have opted for sms and email service already while sending the passport, IRCC request letter, VFS consent form and payment slip.
Any other way to track this.

Another question: from where do they get our date of birth and name information from the passport or from the CIC form.

Thanks.

shiyang100

Jun 27, 2018
Anyone can comment how long it will take VAC New York to provide a tracking ID after USPS delivered the package. Mine was delivered on Monday. Today is Wednesday, still no tracking.

Thanks.

Jul 11, 2018
Canada Visitor Visa Timeline:

05 Jul 2018 - Online Application Submission
05 Jul 2018 - Submission Confirmation
09 Jul 2018 - Passport Request
10 Jul 2018 - Sent the package to NY VAC
11 Jul 2018 - USPS tracking shows package delivered

... Waiting for next updates

Manuraje

Jul 12, 2018
Hi,

July 4th 2018- submitted all 3 applications of my family online
July5th 2018- received an email for all 3 applications that they are submitted

Till now...we don't have any further updates. We have to travel to Canada on Aug 3rd. Am really getting tensed.

Anyone has any advice ...as to whom to call or email ...how many more days should I wait still...it has been almost 7 business days

Pmalhi

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Hi,

July 4th 2018- submitted all 3 applications of my family online
July5th 2018- received an email for all 3 applications that they are submitted

Till now...we don't have any further updates. We have to travel to Canada on Aug 3rd. Am really getting tensed.

Anyone has any advice ...as to whom to call or email ...how many more days should I wait still...it has been almost 7 business days
Where did you apply from? TBH you should have applied couple months earlier if your travel date is august.
Processing times do vary from case to case, unfortunately all you can do is wait.

You could fill a web enquiry form, but that doesn’t change the processing times, and its best to send the web form once you have passed your processing times.

Manuraje

Jul 12, 2018
Where did you apply from? TBH you should have applied couple months earlier if your travel date is august.
Processing times do vary from case to case, unfortunately all you can do is wait.

You could fill a web enquiry form, but that doesn’t change the processing times, and its best to send the web form once you have passed your processing times.
It is an online application . It's more complicated than that. We have to go to stamping. Only date available is Aug 3rd. We had to submit that to apply visitor visa for Canada after booking appointment on Augustc3rd. We applied online.

Jul 23, 2018
Canada Visitor Visa Timeline:

05 Jul 2018 - Online Application Submission
05 Jul 2018 - Submission Confirmation
09 Jul 2018 - Passport Request
10 Jul 2018 - Sent the package to NY VAC
11 Jul 2018 - USPS tracking shows package delivered

... Waiting for next updates
I am in similar boat, I have sent application to NY VAC and USPS Tracking shows package delivered on 20 July 2018. But have not received tracking number yet from NY VAC. So for you how long did it take received VAC Tracking number and how many days total it took for passport delivered with Canada Visa Stamp ?

Thank You in Advance for your response!

Jul 11, 2018
I am in similar boat, I have sent application to NY VAC and USPS Tracking shows package delivered on 20 July 2018. But have not received tracking number yet from NY VAC. So for you how long did it take received VAC Tracking number and how many days total it took for passport delivered with Canada Visa Stamp ?

Thank You in Advance for your response!
Hi,

You should receive you tracking number this evening or tomorrow evening. See below my timelines, hope it helps:

05-Jul-2018: Online Application Submission

05-Jul-2018: Submission Confirmation

09-Jul-2018: Passport Request

10-Jul-2018: Sent the package to NY VAC (USPS Priority Express)

11-Jul-2018: USPS tracking shows package delivered

12-Jul-2018: Tracking number from VAC received by E-mail

13-Jul-2018: Passport in Transit to the Visa Office

16-Jul-2018: Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration

17-Jul-2018: Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the VAC

18-Jul-2018: Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the Applicant from the VAC

20-Jul-2018: Received passport with 10 years multiple visa

Jul 23, 2018
Hi,

You should receive you tracking number this evening or tomorrow evening. See below my timelines, hope it helps:

05-Jul-2018: Online Application Submission

05-Jul-2018: Submission Confirmation

09-Jul-2018: Passport Request

10-Jul-2018: Sent the package to NY VAC (USPS Priority Express)

11-Jul-2018: USPS tracking shows package delivered

12-Jul-2018: Tracking number from VAC received by E-mail

13-Jul-2018: Passport in Transit to the Visa Office

16-Jul-2018: Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration

17-Jul-2018: Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the VAC

18-Jul-2018: Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the Applicant from the VAC

20-Jul-2018: Received passport with 10 years multiple visa
This is really helpful! Thank you for your prompt response!

Ali Adnan

Aug 5, 2018
Hi eveyone,

This seems very informative forum.
I have 2 small quires

1- My mother-in-law and father-in-law are issued 10 year visit VISA.
Is there any restriction that they have to travel to Canada within first 180 days of VISA issued date?

2- My sister-in-laws also applied with her parents but her VISA request was denied and we were given these 2 reasons
A - No history of travelling.
B - Not sufficient funds.
I understand that she made a mistake of not attaching bank statement of the account in which she receive her wages, rather she opted to submit bank certificate of her saving account stating she has an account with aprox $3K.

Can anyone advise if;
- We should re-apply for her VISA ?
- If we re-apply, what is a sufficient amount ($3K seems not sufficient)
- Is submission of bank certificate instead of bank statement a mistake?

Your help will be highly appreciated.

floundering

Aug 6, 2018
I'm a Pakistani national on F1 status in the US. I applied online for a TRV and sent my passport to the New York VAC for application finalization. In addition to a valid passport, I submitted the following documents: CIC passport request letter, VAC consent form, contact information sheet, and money order copies for passport service and FedEx return delivery (original money orders should be sent to the lockbox address in Boston). Here is my timeline:

July 24: Original Passport Request
July 25: Passport and Relevant Documents Couriered to NY VAC via USPS Priority Express
July 26: USPS Confirms Delivery of Package
July 31: VAC Confirms Receipt of Passport w/Tracking ID (this can take up to 5 business days)
July 31: Passport in Transit to the Visa Office
August 1: Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration
August 2: Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the VAC
August 3: Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the Applicant
August 3: Passport Shipped via FedEx Priority Overnight
August 6: Received Passport

lakhams

Aug 7, 2018
Hello, I have cruise reservations for August 18th (Alaska cruise with one day halt at British Columbia) and still waiting for approval of my trv request. Online submission with passport submission to VAC New York. Can anyone advise on how long it can take? I am on H1-B status in US.

My timeline thus far,
24-Jul-2018: Online Application Submission
24-Jul-2018: Submission Confirmation
26-Jul-2018: Passport Request
28-Jul-2018: Sent the package to NY VAC (USPS Priority Express)
30-Jul-2018: USPS tracking shows package delivered
1-Aug-2018: Tracking number from VAC received by E-mail
3-Aug-2018: Passport in Transit to the Visa Office
6-Aug-2018: Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration