+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

amoghaddam

Sep 30, 2017
Hi Sandy,
I am in the same boat, I had applied visitor visa online and after getting notification from cic.gc.ca, mailed the passport to VAC - Los Angeles.
6th - July : Got email notification from CIC to submit the passport
8th - July : mailed the passport through USPS
10th - July : Got the delivered notification from USPS
No updates/news from VAC till now. send email, called VAC, got the reply saying "high volume of applications, call after a week".

I just want to know, how the VAC has updated you about your passport getting stamped, did they called you or emailed you.
Also wondering if there are any other applicant who are in the same situation mailed their passport and waiting for the updates.

I am thinking about the options left for me.
1. wait for a week more to hear from them.
2. travel to VAC LA and inquire about my passport, if that helps.

anyone, please share/suggest from your experience or thoughts..
Hi Sandy, could you please share how long it took for you to have your passport back on this application? I am in the middle of an urgent trip and need to do planning. thanks

vijay326

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
Hi Vijay,
Could you please share how long it took for you to have your passport back from VAC? I have an urgent trip and I am planning about the timeline for my trip. thanks in advance for your sharing. regards
I haven't received it yet. The status changed to In transit to VAC from Embassy. Expecting it on Wednesday(Overnight Shipping)

vijay326

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
Canadian Visitor Visa Experience:

Applied for Self.Indian Citizen working in USA on OPT

18 Sep 2017 - Online Application Transmission
18 Sep 2017 - Submission Confirmation
19 Sep 2017 - Your Application has been updated - No Updates in Online Account
21 Sep 2017 - Passport Request
25 Sep 2017 - USPS confirmed package delivered to NY VAC.
26 Sep 2017 - VAC sent tracking id and changed status to Application Received by the VAC and then In Transit to Visa office
27 Sep 2017 - Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration
29 Sep 2017 - Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the VAC
02 Oct 2017 - Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the Applicant from the VAC

Silva 110

Jun 25, 2017

26 Sep 2017 - VAC sent tracking id and changed status to Application Received by the VAC and then In Transit to Visa office
02 Oct 2017 - Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the Applicant from the VAC
By which method did the Vac contact you to give you the tracking number?

vijay326

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017

03 Oct 2017 - Passport delivered to me ( It was a Overnight shipping)

It took 16 days for the entire process. So start your process at least 3 weeks before your travel plan.Hope this helps someone.

Thanks,
Vijay.

afdemir

Oct 4, 2017

Turkish Citizen studying in the USA on F1

31 Aug 2017 (Thursday) - Online Application Transmission
27 Sep 2017 (Wednesday) - Passport Request
29 Sep 2017 (Friday) - UPS confirmed the package/passport delivered to NY VAC.
29 Sep 2017 (Friday) - VAC sent tracking ID and changed status to "Application Received by the VAC" and then "In Transit to Visa Office"
02 Oct 2017 (Monday) - Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration

akashbangash

Oct 13, 2017
Dear All,

I am a student in one of Toronto College. I applied New TRV from within canada and it is approved. Now CIC asked me for my pasport. It's been almost 10 working days but CIC did not return my pasport. Neither there is any information of Canada Xpress post couries.

Could anyone tell me normally how much time CIC needs to send back pasport. I am really worried.

Thanks,
Akash.

akashbangash

Oct 13, 2017
Dear All,

I am a student in one of Toronto College. I applied New TRV from within canada and it is approved. Now CIC asked me for my pasport. It's been almost 10 working days but CIC did not return my pasport. Neither there is any information of Canada Xpress post couries.

Could anyone tell me normally how much time CIC needs to send back pasport. I am really worried.

Thanks,
Akash

Ohng

Oct 18, 2017
Hi All,

I would like to ask you whether there is a time-frame limit for sending the passport to VAC/Embassy to get the visa stamp.

Such as, I must submit the passport within 7 days after receiving the approved letter?

I just want to apply for transit visa in advance but during the waiting time, I have to travel around. What if I get the approved letter while I am traveling?

Thank you very much for sharing you experiences.

TE5

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
13-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-03-2020
LANDED..........
16-June-2020
Hi All,

I would like to ask you whether there is a time-frame limit for sending the passport to VAC/Embassy to get the visa stamp.

Such as, I must submit the passport within 7 days after receiving the approved letter?

I just want to apply for transit visa in advance but during the waiting time, I have to travel around. What if I get the approved letter while I am traveling?

Thank you very much for sharing you experiences.
They give you 30 days to send the passport in.

Reactions: Ohng

kashish5274

Oct 20, 2017
Dear All,

Thanks,
Akash
Hi, Did you receive your passport back?

Aman_waris

Oct 20, 2017
Hi all, can u please suggest, my wife is in canada on study permit, her studies will be over in april 2018, nd visa is valid rill august 2018. we got mnarried in april 2017. we have decided to live together. but we are not able to decide for which visa should we got for ? Open work permit or Visitor visa ? which one would me more secure in comparison to other ?

gwenvillegas

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
06/15/2017
Doc's Request.
PCC and Sched A
AOR Received.
07/26/2017
File Transfer...
08/04/2017
Med's Request
07/28/2017
Med's Done....
07/31/2017
Interview........
N/A
Hello, newbie here. I'd like to ask regarding the required documents needed to upload for the tourist visa. Do I really need to purchase a plane ticke for the Purpose Of Travel? It states in the help button to upload plane ticket with dates of depature but I'm a bit concern what if my tourist visa app is rejected then my ticket will be wasted. Is there any other option or alternative on how to deal with this?