+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

stevenstunner

Jan 31, 2015
xiaoshushuxiao said:
Hi,

I have the same situation. Does CIC withdrawed your application and asked you to submit a new application? Or you can update the form using web form.

Thanks
They i should withdraw that first application and submit a new one, which i did yesterday.

Apr 1, 2016
stevenstunner said:
They i should withdraw that first application and submit a new one, which i did yesterday.
Hi, did you withdraw using web form? because it takes days to withdraw, did you re apply just after sent the web form?

Thanks.

lucasbrcf

Jun 29, 2016
Hey everyone,

first of all, thanks for all the information shared on this Forum, it's been really useful since I first started to think about moving to Canada.

I recently got my OWP after waiting roughly 5 months and applied for a new TRV as the following timeline:
- December 20th: Applied online for TRV (in Canada, ON);
- December 21st: Passport requested;
- December 22nd: Passport received in Ottawa (visa processing center indicated on the passport request letter).

I am now waiting to get the passport back, but as it moved so quickly to request the passport, I already bought a ticket to fly back to Brazil on January 1st (which may be a big mistake). Do you guys think that it will be enough time to get the passport back?

Did anyone recently sent/got back a passport to/from a visa office within Canada and can share your timeline, please?

Thanks!

waimeng.kan

Jan 4, 2017
Just wondering that whether have you gotten your passport back, and when did you get it back? Unfortunately I am in a similar situation where I will be needing back my passport soon after sending it out, so I would like to know the timeline as well.

Thanks a lot!

lucasbrcf said:
Hey everyone,

first of all, thanks for all the information shared on this Forum, it's been really useful since I first started to think about moving to Canada.

I recently got my OWP after waiting roughly 5 months and applied for a new TRV as the following timeline:
- December 20th: Applied online for TRV (in Canada, ON);
- December 21st: Passport requested;
- December 22nd: Passport received in Ottawa (visa processing center indicated on the passport request letter).

I am now waiting to get the passport back, but as it moved so quickly to request the passport, I already bought a ticket to fly back to Brazil on January 1st (which may be a big mistake). Do you guys think that it will be enough time to get the passport back?

Did anyone recently sent/got back a passport to/from a visa office within Canada and can share your timeline, please?

Thanks!

kestefanie880

Dec 11, 2015
Can anyone share the recent timeline applying within Canada (Ottawa office)?
My current timeline is:
1/10: apply visa online
1/12: passport request
1/13: passport sent
The passport should be arrived on 1/16.

I already bought a ticket for 1/28, I am wondering can I get back my passport within two weeks? Can anyone share their experience please?

maddy3007

Jan 17, 2017
I am also in same situation.
Sent my passport using Xpresspost and it say out for delivery on 13th Jan but still not delivered.
and I am wondering how long will it take to get all done.
I have got very mixed reviews about this. So took out my tickets as well based on some experiences.
But delivery status is making me doubt about getting it back on time.

kestefanie880

Dec 11, 2015
maddy3007 said:
I am also in same situation.
Sent my passport using Xpresspost and it say out for delivery on 13th Jan but still not delivered.
and I am wondering how long will it take to get all done.
I have got very mixed reviews about this. So took out my tickets as well based on some experiences.
But delivery status is making me doubt about getting it back on time.
Mine is delivered to cpp Ottawa on 16th and I am living in montreal. If xpresspost exceeds the guaranteed delivery time, it's better to contact Canada post.

carliks11

Jan 18, 2017
submitted online application: December 14, 2016
Additional docs request for parents: December 21, 2016

And as of now, still no updates from them

Applied from the Philippines

vgugliya

Dec 27, 2014
Hi Guys,

I am planning to apply for visitor visa for my parents and brother. Please advise if I should use:

I. One application package for all three or
II. 2 separate applications - One for parents & one for brother.

My brother is 32, single, working in India.

Cheers

rottenapple

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
GP
Category........
NOC Code......
NOC 6242
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF/ Oct. 05,2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Aug. 09,'16
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
NONE
Med's Request
DONE
Med's Done....
16-08-2016/PASSED
Interview........
NOT NEEDED AT THIS TIME
Passport Req..
JANUARY 04,2017
VISA ISSUED...
JAN.20,2017/ Immigrant visa n COPR issued
LANDED..........
Feb.01,2017
kestefanie880 said:
Can anyone share the recent timeline applying within Canada (Ottawa office)?
My current timeline is:
1/10: apply visa online
1/12: passport request
1/13: passport sent
The passport should be arrived on 1/16.

I already bought a ticket for 1/28, I am wondering can I get back my passport within two weeks? Can anyone share their experience please?
Hi did you apply for Visitors Visa online? If yes please guide me.. what IMM did you upload on CIC account? Is that IMM5708 and IMM5257?
Thanks for your help.. :)

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
What does that mean ? ::)

Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office BEIRUT, on 26/01/2017 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.

Is it at the VAC now or at the embassy ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
fazlook said:
What does that mean ? ::)

Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office BEIRUT, on 26/01/2017 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.

Is it at the VAC now or at the embassy ?
Do check with the VAC. Your brother's passport has been returned to the VAC

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
Bryanna said:
Do check with the VAC. Your brother's passport has been returned to the VAC
Braynna :) got 5 years visa :) but the weird thing is that my bro is single 26 and only showed job letter and bank statement only. Could be approved because of my job ? i work for DND

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
fazlook said:
Braynna :) got 5 years visa :) but the weird thing is that my bro is single 26 and only showed job letter and bank statement only. Could be approved because of my job ? i work for DND
Congrats :) :) That's absolutely fantastic.

Could be approved because of my job ? i work for DND
No, he got the TRV on the strength of his own case

hasan629

Jul 2, 2013
Hi guys i need you reply on this

i got passport request for TRV two days back and i sent my passport through canada xpresspost prepaid yesterday and i put small envelope in big envelope with passport and a letter and sealed the big one and then canada post gave me tracking numbers for both envelopes but the problem is that both tracking numbers are activated and both are showing in transit

I did anything wrong? or is it normal? :'(