+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

uinformme

Dec 1, 2010
My Timeline from New York, USA (Pakistani Citizen) B2 (Visitor) status:

Applied TRV Online : 03 Jul 2014 ???
Biomatric Submitted : 08 Jul 2014 :(
1st Email for Update : 08 Jul 2014 (Received your Biomatric) ;)
2nd Email for Update : 23 Jul 2014 (didn't see any new message or Update) :eek:
3rd Email for Update : 26 Jul 2014 (didn't see any new message or Update) :eek:
4th Email for Update : 28 Jul 2014 (Passport Request Received - الحمداللہ) :D
5th Update : 29 Jul 2014 (Passport handed over to VAC NYC) 8)
6th Update : 29 Jul 2014 (Passport sent to VISA office by VAC) :D
7th Update : 30 Jul 2014 (Passport Received to VISA office) :D
No Update : 01 Aug 2014 (Present status from VAC Provided tracking ID: Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration) ::)

brt801

Aug 3, 2014
I have applied for a TRV through online application on 16th July. Following a request for passport, I have my passport delivered to VAC NYC on 23rd July. Since then, my application status is still open and I haven't got a tracking ID from VAC either. Is it normal to not to receive a tracking id from VAC after 6 working days?

newbie233

Jul 5, 2014
If you didnt provide any contact info in your submission, then they wouldn't be able to give you the tracking ID. You can call them and ask for it.

uinformme

Dec 1, 2010
uinformme said:
My Timeline from New York, USA (Pakistani Citizen) B2 (Visitor) status:

Applied TRV Online : 03 Jul 2014 ???
Biomatric Submitted : 08 Jul 2014 :(
1st Email for Update : 08 Jul 2014 (Received your Biomatric) ;)
2nd Email for Update : 23 Jul 2014 (didn't see any new message or Update) :eek:
3rd Email for Update : 26 Jul 2014 (didn't see any new message or Update) :eek:
4th Email for Update : 28 Jul 2014 (Passport Request Received - الحمداللہ) :D
5th Update : 29 Jul 2014 (Passport handed over to VAC NYC) 8)
6th Update : 29 Jul 2014 (Passport sent to VISA office by VAC) :D
7th Update : 30 Jul 2014 (Passport Received to VISA office) :D
No Update : 01 Aug 2014 (Present status from VAC Provided tracking ID: Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration) ::)
8th Update : 04 Aug 2014 (From CIC Account Status - A final decision has been reached - This application has been approved - Closed)الحمداللہ
9th Update : 04 Aug 2014 (From VAC Tracker - Your current application status is Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the VAC)

adeleduan

Jul 31, 2014
QAQ My tracking number said that my passport was delivered on August 1st, but the money order to Philadelphia is "waiting for pick up"...

I wonder how long they take to return my passport QAQ As I'm leaving on 16th.

Also, instead of a copy of the money order, I sent the receipt of the money order with the passport. Would that cause complications?

adeleduan

Jul 31, 2014
My timeline (Chinese national on F1 status, currently in US)

7-29 online application submitted
7-30 status changed to "open"
7-30 decision made; passport request
7-31 passport sent (1-day express mail)
8-8 status changed to “This application has been approved”
8-12 called the NY VAC for tracking id; status says "In Transit to the Applicant from the VAC"

Now anxiously waiting for the return envelop tracking number to update... Fingers crossed!

SOME1

Aug 28, 2014
online application 08/19/2014, status open and nothing yet...
no helpful information on the immigration web site, how disappointing

this morning i received a email from CIC - your application has been updated, when i checked there was no any change in the status... even it's written last update made from CIC was on August 19....I dont get this thing, even the US immigration are working faster then the Canadians! Why they not doing anything?

saturnfan

May 3, 2014
Applied on Sept 21.
Application received Sept 21.
Received email about decision has been made and passport request - Sept 22
Got an email about update in CIC (but there is no update)

RSR123

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
geogeo said:
Which country are you in? Canada?
I applied TRV on Jan 30 and was asked to send my passport to CPP-Ottawa. They received my passport on Feb 22. I haven't anything back since then.
I sent them an email yesterday but didn't get a respond.
HI,
MY WIFE IS IN CANADA ON STUDY PERMIT AND NOW I WANT TO APPLY FOR A VISA, SHOULD I APPLY FOR TRV R VISITING VISA..... I AM CONFUSED AND I HVE 2.6 YEARS BABY WITH ME WANT TO TAKE HER WITH ME. SUGGESTIONS MAY BE appreciated

saturnfan

May 3, 2014
RSR123 said:
HI,
MY WIFE IS IN CANADA ON STUDY PERMIT AND NOW I WANT TO APPLY FOR A VISA, SHOULD I APPLY FOR TRV R VISITING VISA..... I AM CONFUSED AND I HVE 2.6 YEARS BABY WITH ME WANT TO TAKE HER WITH ME. SUGGESTIONS MAY BE appreciated

Yes apply for visitor visa, you both will get visa until she has visa. You will need invitation letter from her, letter from her university stating she is a student. If she is getting scholarship, then letter from university stating her scholarship/year. notice of assessment if she has one.
Are you working in your country or are you going to stay in canada until she finishes her studies?

Deszinr

Sep 25, 2014
Hi saturnfan

any update? did you get your passport back? on the website it says 7 working days. Do you think it is right?

RSR123

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
saturnfan said:
Yes apply for visitor visa, you both will get visa until she has visa. You will need invitation letter from her, letter from her university stating she is a student. If she is getting scholarship, then letter from university stating her scholarship/year. notice of assessment if she has one.
Are you working in your country or are you going to stay in canada until she finishes her studies?
I am practicing as an advocate and I have my own clients, panel advocate for various Financial Institutes and Companies. She is facing hardships and I want her to complete her studies. I will stay in canada until she finishes her studies

P1119

Sep 26, 2014
Hello Members

I submitted my Visitor visa online and got passport request mail in 1 day. I need your help in how to go about sending the CSC CVAC fees of $34.10. Could you please help me with the steps involved in sending the fees.

Thanks.