+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

vsc

May 24, 2013
srip said:
Thanks Rita. My PP received by LA consulate yesterday and hope I get in 7 working days.
Hi srip,
Please update when you get ur passport back as my passport just reached LA today morning and I have flight to take on next Friday.

allendsup23

May 30, 2013
Below are my application details.

Applied for self and my wife single entry TRV. Sent both the passports in one envelop only and included one self addressed envelop inside. I hope they will use it to send both of our passports.

Online Application - April 4, 2013
Request for Passport - May 7, 2013
Passport sent to LA - May 28, 2013 (had a trip to vegas in May so could not send it earlier. Used USPS flat rate priority mail)
Passport received by LA - May 30, 2013

Now lets see when they send the passport back. I am planning to visit Canada on 4th of july weekend. Hopefully will receive the passports back by then.

I believe online application is better way but it is kinda black box. Not much status updates. No point of contact. No reply. There should be a time limit on how long they can hold the passport for stamping. It seems in some cases, they are sent in couple of days and some took 2 weeks too.

blu_cat

Star Member
May 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 02, 2012
File Transfer...
July 04, 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012
Hi guys! I'm new to this thread. I just want to ask whether I can be a signatory for the settlement plan (provincial nominee) for a friend at the same time apply for my mom's supervisa. and also, if i help my close friends actually they are couple, will i able to help my brother under provincial nominee also? I am confused coz i want to help my family first before my friends. Thank you very much.

anja

May 29, 2013
meldoremi: they didn't send me anything indicating that they were sending the passport back already. i called the visa processing center to ask about my application's status and was informed that the passport had already been released by the embassy.

DKM2009

Apr 1, 2009
Here is the detail of my TRV online application..

Applied online - April 29,2013.
Received mail to send passport - May 15th, 2013.
Sent passport in Priority mail (9x12) envelope, including 7x10 return envelope - May 21.
Passport received at NY Center - May 23rd 11.29 AM.
waiting for passport, no update for priority mail tracking yet.

srip

May 13, 2013
VCS,

Got my PP back on June 2nd from LA consulate. This is a suprise to me as they took only 2 days to send the passport back .

Note : I have included a cover letter for urgent processing for my US visa appointment on June 10th ( Included the appointment letter)

May 23, 2013
Ordeal about to end... I'm finally getting my mother-in-law's passport today! :-X

My story recap

Applied online : March 27th, 2013
Passport request: April 23rd, 2013

Could not send passport immediately due to intervening travel (10 days)

Passport sent: May 6th, 2013
Passport reached NYC consulate: May 7th, 2013

Return USPS Express Tracking activated: June 3rd, 2013 (Expected to be delivered June 3rd)
. . .

allendsup23

May 30, 2013
alaska cruiser said:
Ordeal about to end... I'm finally getting my mother-in-law's passport today! :-X

My story recap

Applied online : March 27th, 2013
Passport request: April 23rd, 2013

Could not send passport immediately due to intervening travel (10 days)

Passport sent: May 6th, 2013
Passport reached NYC consulate: May 7th, 2013

Return USPS Express Tracking activated: June 3rd, 2013 (Expected to be delivered June 3rd)
. . .
Congrats. They took too much time after receiving your passport. I hope they do not take this time in my case. I had sent my passport to LA center which they received on May 30th, 2013. I am supposed to go to Canada on July 4th weekend. Keeping my fingers crossed.

After the application is approved online, they should not take more than 1 week to release the passport.

vsc

May 24, 2013
srip said:
VCS,

Got my PP back on June 2nd from LA consulate. This is a suprise to me as they took only 2 days to send the passport back .

Note : I have included a cover letter for urgent processing for my US visa appointment on June 10th ( Included the appointment letter)
Thanks srip. I am not that lucky, I had also included a note to rush my visa stamping. But nothing yet

zerozerozeven

Jun 4, 2013
Online Application - May 3, 2013
Request for Passport - May 28, 2013
Passport sent to LA - May 29, 2013
USPS Tracking activated - Jun 4, 2013

allendsup23

May 30, 2013
allendsup23 said:
Below are my application details.

Applied for self and my wife single entry TRV. Sent both the passports in one envelop only and included one self addressed envelop inside. I hope they will use it to send both of our passports.

Passport sent to LA - May 28, 2013 (had a trip to vegas in May so could not send it earlier. Used USPS flat rate priority mail)

Now lets see when they send the passport back. I am planning to visit Canada on 4th of july weekend. Hopefully will receive the passports back by then.

I believe online application is better way but it is kinda black box. Not much status updates. No point of contact. No reply. There should be a time limit on how long they can hold the passport for stamping. It seems in some cases, they are sent in couple of days and some took 2 weeks too.
USPS priority mail tracking number got activated today June 4th, 2013. I hope to receive it by June 6th, 2013. LA consulate had received my passport on May 30th ,2013 and they sent it back on June 4th. That means two business days in between. I have sent my and my wife's passport in one envelop and sent one return envelop only. Hope that they are sending both passports in that envelop.

eli

Jun 4, 2013
I would never again send passport to NY and recommend everyone to use the prepaid envelope with tracking.

Applied online: April 17th
Passport request: May 3rd
Passport arrived in NY: May 6th
Passport mailed back: probably May 30th, arrived June 4th via regular mail

It took at least one week to mail the passport after the application had been already finalized.

allendsup23

May 30, 2013
Finally received the passport.

Passport sent to LA - May 28, 2013
USPS priority mail tracking activated - May 4, 2013
Passports Received - May 5, 2013

I applied for single visit. Visa is valid till Nov 4, 2013.

I know lot of people looks for this information but not much details are there.

I applied for myself and my wife. In online application added my wife as additional person accompanying me. It generated two application numbers (one for me and one for my wife). After getting the request for sending the passports, I had sent both the passports in one envelope and included only one return envelope. Consulate has used return envelope to send both the passports together.

So I believe you can send more than one passport in a single envelope and consulate will return them together in the return envelope sent by you.

I used USPS flat rate priority envelope instead of USPS flat rate express mail. Priority mail also has tracking and takes 1-2 business days only so it did not make sense to use express mail.