+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

newbie18

Jun 13, 2013
"They cant guess you need your passport for a specific date unless you let them know. They dont have a crystal ball ...remember that. "

how to let them know? they dont reply to emails :( i want to let them know too! what should i do?

prad12

May 30, 2013
Here are details

Applied online - 16 May
PP request - 11 June
PP sent to LA - 12 June
PP reached at LA - 13 June

Now waiting to get PP back

tpurani

Jun 7, 2013
Hi Prad12

I also applied on 16th May
Got PP request on 16 th June
I sent PP to LA on 17th June
They will receive today on 18th June.
So can you please update me once you get your passport back.
I am planning to start this weekend and I booked hotel and rental Car. Should I cancel those?
If you will get by one or two days then I can also wait till friday for my Return tracking to activate.

Thanks

prad12

May 30, 2013
Wow got the return tracking activated. :) It will be delivered tomorrow.

It was too fast

Here are details

Applied online - 16 May
PP request - 11 June
PP sent to LA - 12 June
PP reached at LA - 13 June
Return package activated - 18 June

CHITOWN

Jun 20, 2013
Good to know that the US Consulates are still processing through visa applications. I've been really nervous about being able to get my tourist visa on time. If/when I get the notification to send my passport it, do any of you know if I'll be able to choose which consulate (NY or LA) to send it to? I live in Chicago. From this thread, it looks like LA is a lot faster in processing stamping. Thanks in advance!

Kaori

Jun 20, 2013
I have to get back my passport by Jun-26 latest
( as scheduled a trip out town from Jun-27 till July-26 )

I apply Transit Visa online at Hong Kong ( Russian passport )
I submit online application on Jun-19
I got Passport request notice Jun-20

If I send passport on Jun-21 by mail per website instruction, any possible to get back my passport by Jun-26?

worry.................

yzzz

Jun 19, 2013
You will have the choice if you applied online.

It is also true that LA is much faster. My friends got a week ahead of me receiving passport request. They sent to NY. Now I get my passport back while they are still waiting.

CHITOWN said:
Good to know that the US Consulates are still processing through visa applications. I've been really nervous about being able to get my tourist visa on time. If/when I get the notification to send my passport it, do any of you know if I'll be able to choose which consulate (NY or LA) to send it to? I live in Chicago. From this thread, it looks like LA is a lot faster in processing stamping. Thanks in advance!

arunsrivat87

Jun 17, 2013
I have 2 passports. Old and new passport. Should I send both the passports to Consulate for stamping or only the NEW one ? please answer if anybody know regarding this ?

CHITOWN

Jun 20, 2013
arunsrivat87 said:
Got the PP request mail today.

Timeline:

Applied Online : 31 May
PP Request Mail received: 21 Jun
arunsrivat87, do you mind keeping me posted on when you get it returned back? Did you send to LA? Yzzz, thanks for the advice!

arunsrivat87

Jun 17, 2013
CHITOWN,

Sure I will keep you posted.. I will send my passport today to LA consulate. I am hoping that atleast I shud get the PP back within 2 weeks..