+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved for PNP within 1.5 MONTH !!! now some questions about Port of Entry!

yupanin

Jun 25, 2012
Hey guys

So yeah, I think I got pretty lucky as I got my application for PNP approved within a month of applying and was able to get a letter for the open work permit within Ontario.

I have a very specific question though.

I have sent out my passport to get a multiple re-entry visa so I can travel around again. I am currently debating whether I should apply at Vergeville (processing time is 50 days) or should I wait for my passport to come back (documents delivered to Ottawa on July 27th and are under review) and then travel to Niagara to apply for change of status from Student (have a valid study permit) to Worker based on letter from Ontario Government that came with PNP certificate?

When re-entering Canada would I have to hold a valid US visa as well so I can enter US and then enter Canada again? Or can I simply do the re-entry based on the multiple re-entry Canadian visa alone?

Thank you for all your help.

peter4433

Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
Med's Request
Waiting
Hi Yupanin,

I would suggest you to go with option#1 - Apply at Vergeville for work permit.
I don't think option#2 will work out. Based on the letter issued you won't be able to change the status to worker. And of course you need US visit visa to enter USA.