+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved eta Got cancelled !!

Andreaoscar1

May 10, 2018
Hello does anyone know what happens after you overstay and wish to return to Canada ? I’m in this situation!! My approved eta got cancelled and now is under review .. anyone know the outcome of this ?? I’m desperate to return I have a 2 year old Canadian citizen and a 6 year old along with my husband who is a permanent resident in Canada and we want to apply for inland sponsorship .. advice or related experience would be appreciated !!

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Hello does anyone know what happens after you overstay and wish to return to Canada ? I’m in this situation!! My approved eta got cancelled and now is under review .. anyone know the outcome of this ?? I’m desperate to return I have a 2 year old Canadian citizen and a 6 year old along with my husband who is a permanent resident in Canada and we want to apply for inland sponsorship .. advice or related experience would be appreciated !!
you might have to apply outland.

Andreaoscar1

May 10, 2018
How long did you overstay? What is your country of citizenship?

Have you applied for PR through your husband?
Our lawyer applied for inland sponsorship while I was in Canada , Immigration asked for more documents for our application and they couldn’t process it further , because our lawyer never contacted us about this he said he was in a car crash and hospitalized and didn’t work for moths while we thought everything was going forward I am a Hungarian citizen

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Our lawyer applied for inland sponsorship while I was in Canada , Immigration asked for more documents for our application and they couldn’t process it further , because our lawyer never contacted us about this he said he was in a car crash and hospitalized and didn’t work for moths while we thought everything was going forward I am a Hungarian citizen
Okay, sadly, you've got a lot of challenges here.

Was your inland application refused for lack of documents?

Andreaoscar1

May 10, 2018
Okay, sadly, you've got a lot of challenges here.

Was your inland application refused for lack of documents?
They wanted more supporting documents like like daughters Canadian birth certificate but didn’t submit on time so it was revoked .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
They wanted more supporting documents like like daughters Canadian birth certificate but didn’t submit on time so it was revoked .
Submit a new outland application as soon as you can. I think the chances of getting a new eTA approved are probably quite low. You may not be able ot return to Canada until the PR application is approved.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Goodness. You've got a lot of challenges here.

The overstay will not support an eTA issuance, the review may end up denying you an eTA, or if you do manage to get one, the CBSA officers may have concerns about your ties to your home country. Personally, I don't think that you're going to get an new eTA but if you do it will be very lucky. You have a lot of family ties in Canada and reasons to never leave Canada, so your risk of a second overstay is quite high.

You should start an outland PR application. If you actually have all the documents this time, you may be able to get the PR in less than 12 months.

As your partner is a PR, they can't leave Canada for any length of time while the PR application is in process.

I wish you luck.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Why didn’t you apply along time ago if you have a daughter who is 2 years old? Why did you leave Canada knowing you were applying inland. You seem to be be a failed refugee applicant so your case is even more complicated.