+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apprearance of answer Sheet -IELTS writing section?

mngr7

Jul 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
19-Jan 2015
IELTS Request
sent with appln
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
10-April-2015
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Dear experienced IELTS candidates,
I am a beginner. Plz let me know how the answer sheet for "General training- writing" looks like sothat I can plan my writing. I searched and found/guessed the following info. Please correct me, if I am wrong.
------------------------
1) It will be ruled paper; almost A4 size
2) The answer booklet has 4 pages by default
3) Page 1, 2 are for Task 1. Page 3,4 are for Task 2. You may ask for additional sheets for Task 2.
4) Page 1 has 10 lines for writing. Page 2,3,4 has 20 lines each.
-------------------------
Is the above info correct?

Angel1981

Jun 29, 2014
mngr7 said:
Dear experienced IELTS candidates,
I am a beginner. Plz let me know how the answer sheet for "General training- writing" looks like sothat I can plan my writing. I searched and found/guessed the following info. Please correct me, if I am wrong.
------------------------
1) It will be ruled paper; almost A4 size Yes, it is ruled. But I think it is a bit bigger than an A4 sheet. I could be wrong though.
2) The answer booklet has 4 pages by default Yes, one page, both sides, for Task 1 and a separate one page, both sides, for task 2.
3) Page 1, 2 are for Task 1. Page 3,4 are for Task 2. You may ask for additional sheets for Task 2.You are allowed to request for as many sheets as you want, no restrictions.
4) Page 1 has 10 lines for writing. Page 2,3,4 has 20 lines each.No. Both, Task 1 and Task 2, have separate front page to enter your credentials. Hence each first page has 16 lines and the second page, on the other side, has 25 lines

FYI, you can always check the IELTS website for the sample answer sheet. or may be google for the format
-------------------------
Is the above info correct?

mngr7

Jul 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
19-Jan 2015
IELTS Request
sent with appln
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
10-April-2015
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Re: Appearance of answer Sheet -IELTS writing section?

Thank you Angel1981 for the reply.

I finished my IELTS on Aug 2 2014. So here goes my experience with the answer sheets.

1) It is ruled paper; almost A4 size

2) It is NOT a booklet. Two separate sheets, of 2 different colors, are given for Task 1 (sand/off-white color) and Task 2(white color). Both sides of the sheets are ruled, where you use for writing (You may be allowed to ask for additional sheets. But in my centre where around 500 people sat simultaneously, I didn't see anyone asking for an additional sheet! The truth is, the given sheets are sufficient to write the required number of words. ie 150 or 250)

3) The first page of both sheets had 20 lines each. I can't remember the no.of lines in the second page, but it was more than 20. either 25 or 30! The sample answer sheet which you download from ielts website is different from the real answer sheet when it comes to the no.of lines.