+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying visitor visa for mother

Elmi85

Apr 16, 2019
Hi,

Im a PR holder since 2016, and my husband is a Canadian citizen. We have 18 month old son and we would like to invite my mother (59yr old) to visit Canada.It will be her first time to see her first grandchild.,especially my birthday will be the end of May. My mother is a widowed.She has a small meat shop with business registration and I think she has around less than 3k canadian dollar in her bank account.I have 2 siblings, both work abroad.My older bro works in Taiwan while my younger brother is a seaman. My mother has 8 siblinngs,6 of them live in the Philippines, 1 lives in USA and 1 lives in Vancouver BC.Her mother is still alive sometimes my grandmother stays with her.

My husband has a full time job and I have a part time job cos I need to look after our son

Is there any chance that my mother will approve for visitor visa.She will pay for her airfare ticket and we will take care her accomadations,food etc.

Thanks in advance!

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
The meat shop will help with establishing ties to her home country, as will her mother. She has only a small amount of money which will not help all that much.

There is a chance but you will need to prove reasons why she would return home. Is your mom the only person who takes care of her mother?

Elmi85

Apr 16, 2019
Hi k.h.p. Thank you for your reply.

If we shoulder all her expenses,is there any possibilities.?

Regarding with my grandmother: my mother has 6 siblings in the Philippines.

And my younger brother is returning home (vacation) between August and September.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi k.h.p. Thank you for your reply.

If we shoulder all her expenses,is there any possibilities.?

Regarding with my grandmother: my mother has 6 siblings in the Philippines.

And my younger brother is returning home (vacation) between August and September.
Her siblings won't help as family ties because they are not dependent on your mother. Nonetheless, she can prepare an Explanation: My family ties to her home country (two sections: One for immediate family members.... stating names, address, relationship, nationality..... the other section for extended family.... no details needed)

1. How long does your mother intend to visit?

2. Birthdays are generally not considered as a compelling reasons to visit.

3. Can she prove she has compelling reasons to return to Taiwan? Any family or business matter with evidence?

4. Does she own land or property? Or does she have a vehicle and/or loans?

Elmi85

Apr 16, 2019
Her siblings won't help as family ties because they are not dependent on your mother. Nonetheless, she can prepare an Explanation: My family ties to her home country (two sections: One for immediate family members.... stating names, address, relationship, nationality..... the other section for extended family.... no details needed)

1. How long does your mother intend to visit?

2. Birthdays are generally not considered as a compelling reasons to visit.

3. Can she prove she has compelling reasons to return to Taiwan? Any family or business matter with evidence?

4. Does she own land or property? Or does she have a vehicle and/or loans?
Hello Bryanna thanks for replying me.

1. Basically shes planning to visit for 1-2 months.

2. Can we write the purpose of her travel is to visit her first grandchild and we would like to take her to Butchart Garden, some tourist spot in Vancouver and my mother’s sister lives in North Vancouver.

3. Im not really sure if my younger brother’s (seaman) employment contract indicating the date of his returning home but Im pretty sure he is returning every 8-9 months.

4. She has a vehicle.

Thanks again Bryanna.