+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying to a study permit with a valid multiple entry visitors visa

Discussion in 'International Students' started by Eidos, Nov 10, 2019.

  1. Hello Everyone,
    I hope that somebody be able to advise on my case. Myself, my spouse and my 2 kids have multiple entry visitors Visa. I have applied to a university in Canada for a Master's degree and got accepted. I am currently applying from outside Canada. I will be applying for a study permit and my spouse will apply for an open work permit. My questions are:
    1. Do I need to apply for new Visas for my 2 kids to enter canada, or their visitors Visas are sufficient? They will obviously stay in Canada longer than 6 months.
    2. My 8 years old daughter will be attending school in Canada. Does she need to apply for a study permit? If yes, the application for the study permit requires an acceptance letter. I don't have that because I will apply for her school once we land in Canada.
    3. My 2 year will be going to daycare. I assume no study permit will be required.
  2. Can someone help please
  3. Heyy did you apply for visa??
  4. Could you please share which university acceptance you have got.
    My suggestion would be apply for your student Visa 1st and once it gets approved then apply for Spouse Open work permit. If you all apply together VO can reject your file basis no ties to home country
  5. Get a study permit for both kids, you dont need to include an acceptable letter you explain in a letter that they will be accompanying you on your study permit.

Share This Page