+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applying outland- CIC office asking for prepaid self addressed envelope- HELP!

Apr 13, 2016
Hello, has anyone had the experience of receiving a request for missing documents AND a prepaid self addressed envelope? The documents they are asking for (two photos) were not missing however we are resending them anyway, the only problem is they are asking for a prepaid self addressed folded envelope to accompany the envelope and documents we are sending. We are not sending passports or anything, and it specifically says if you have a mailing address in the US (which for my husband, the applicant, his address is in the USA), to use a courier that operates from Canada. The problem is fedex etc will not send a prepaid envelope from the US for an international package, because international rates change all the time. Has anyone had experience doing this? Of course we could just send it from Canada but the instructions seem to be specifically referring to the applicants mailing address. THANK YOU anyone who has help/experience with this!! Have been to fedex office twice and on phone with dozens of employees, seems so much more difficult than it should be! And we need to send it ASAP, the email did not give us much time to forward the documents requested.

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
We had the same issue trying to send a prepaid envelope from Africa to USA. My husband went to several courier companies but was told it is not possible to do prepaid international shipping. We finally got it to work by setting up an online Fed Ex business account, which is free, and linking it to a credit card. You can then set up an international return shipment as they will just invoice the account and bill your credit card whatever the actual charge is. After much frustration this was the only way we found to do it and had no issues with the actual shipment. Good luck!

Lanegirl

Jun 3, 2016
I did mine through FEDEX and I live in the USA. I sent them the 2 passport photos, which by the way make sure they are in Canadian size, not US. Then I filled out a shipping label online on FEDEX and included it with the envelope. You may have to create and account with FEDEX because I did the "bill recipient (me)" and you have to have a credit card on file to do that and it worked fine.