Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Oh wow, so I guess it's six months from when I entered, regardless of the TRV?
Read here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/expiry.asp
The expiry date on the TRV is the date by which the visa must be used to seek admission into Canada. If the visa is not used on or before that date, it ceases to be valid.

The validity date is NOT the suggested duration of the visit. At the port of entry examination, CBSA officers determine the length of time temporary residents are authorized to stay in Canada.

Typically, when officers are satisfied that the foreign nationals are admissible, entry is granted for a six-month period,

alive77

Oct 25, 2017
Hi

The validiy of your TRV has NOTHING to do with your status in Canada. The fact that your TRV is expiring soon means absolutely nothing in terms of applying to extend your status. You do not need to apply for a new TRV.

As said by Rob, you will get Implied Status by submitting the OWP app with the inland PR app. AOR has nothing to do with it. It is your choice if you want to apply for a visitor extension as well, just in case your OWP/PR app is returned.

alive77

Oct 25, 2017
HELP!!!

I have the same dilemma as marip7. heres my situation:

JULY 2017 Arrived in Canada (no stamp when to leave, so it means Im given a 6 month period to stay)
SEPT 2017 Went to the US
SEPT 2017 A week after, Came back to CANADA ( no stamp again given to me, i guess its 6 months again)
FEBRUARY 2018 filed for PR under CAnada CLass /Spousal SPonsorship + OWP

2nd week MARCH 2018 - VISA VALIDITY in my PASSPORT

Should I still apply for a TRV extension, Since Im waiting for the response of IRCC for my application. IIm confuse what I need to do , I dont want to be Out of Status. IS it safe to get a TRV or is it IMPRACTICAL?

Pls enlighten me.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
HELP!!!

I have the same dilemma as marip7. heres my situation:

JULY 2017 Arrived in Canada (no stamp when to leave, so it means Im given a 6 month period to stay)
SEPT 2017 Went to the US
SEPT 2017 A week after, Came back to CANADA ( no stamp again given to me, i guess its 6 months again)
FEBRUARY 2018 filed for PR under CAnada CLass /Spousal SPonsorship + OWP

2nd week MARCH 2018 - VISA VALIDITY in my PASSPORT

Should I still apply for a TRV extension, Since Im waiting for the response of IRCC for my application. IIm confuse what I need to do , I dont want to be Out of Status. IS it safe to get a TRV or is it IMPRACTICAL?

Pls enlighten me.
You do not need to get a TRV, as you are already in Canada.

Your application for the OWP has given you implied status. You may choose to file an application for a $100 visitor extension online to protect yourself in case your PR or OWP applications were returned to you for any reason (this does happen quite frequently) because in that case the implied status would no longer apply.

marip7

Sep 1, 2017

Your application for the OWP has given you implied status. You may choose to file an application for a $100 visitor extension online to protect yourself in case your PR or OWP applications were returned to you for any reason (this does happen quite frequently) because in that case the implied status would no longer apply.
There is a section that asks "how long you indicate to stay". What should we put here?

honey_cathy

Apr 20, 2018

Hello, i have a similar dillema, i am on a visitor visa and i already did restoration and they gave me 1 month extension which will expire on May 29, same with my husband's OWP expiration. Our PR app already passed the 2nd stage ( eligibility approved). Now, my husband is going to apply for OWP extension along with my initial OWP. My question is, do i have to apply also a visitor visa extension? My time is running out, we didn't even know that we can apply for an SOWP for me along with our PR application last year. Please i need your advise. Thank you.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Hello, i have a similar dillema, i am on a visitor visa and i already did restoration and they gave me 1 month extension which will expire on May 29, same with my husband's OWP expiration. Our PR app already passed the 2nd stage ( eligibility approved). Now, my husband is going to apply for OWP extension along with my initial OWP. My question is, do i have to apply also a visitor visa extension? My time is running out, we didn't even know that we can apply for an SOWP for me along with our PR application last year. Please i need your advise. Thank you.
Hi, I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with the rules surrounding this type of OWP. This section of the forum is related to family class sponsorship (one party is already a Canadian citizen/PR, sponsoring their spouse for PR) rather than both parties going for PR at the same time, so the rules surrounding the OWP are a special pilot program and a little bit different.

honey_cathy

Apr 20, 2018
Hi, I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with the rules surrounding this type of OWP. This section of the forum is related to family class sponsorship (one party is already a Canadian citizen/PR, sponsoring their spouse for PR) rather than both parties going for PR at the same time, so the rules surrounding the OWP are a special pilot program and a little bit different.
Ok thank you.