+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for worker visa / visitor visa

shonaya

Sep 28, 2019
Hi,
I am currently in Canada, working. I have received work permit extension approval letter via IRCC portal but have not received the actual work permit in mail yet. I am looking to travel outside Canada (Not USA) so I am looking to apply for my visa based on my work permit. Can I apply for visa application with just the approval letter or should I wait for my actual work permit to arrive? There is a document upload for work permit field in my application, can I simply attach my work permit approval letter there or is it better to wait and attach work permit itself.

Will I get rejected for applying with just the approval letter?
Please advise.

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I am currently in Canada, working. I have received work permit extension approval letter via IRCC portal but have not received the actual work permit in mail yet. I am looking to travel outside Canada (Not USA) so I am looking to apply for my visa based on my work permit. Can I apply for visa application with just the approval letter or should I wait for my actual work permit to arrive? There is a document upload for work permit field in my application, can I simply attach my work permit approval letter there or is it better to wait and attach work permit itself.

Will I get rejected for applying with just the approval letter?
Please advise.
You have to wait for actual work permit.

jpsantos

Jan 19, 2021
Hi,

My visitor visa is expiring in 4 days. Should I lodge an application to renew it or wait for it to expire and start a new application for TRV? I am outside Canada now and I plan to visit again my mom and youngest brother since I failed to see them last year due to the pandemic.

Appreciate the help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

My visitor visa is expiring in 4 days. Should I lodge an application to renew it or wait for it to expire and start a new application for TRV? I am outside Canada now and I plan to visit again my mom and youngest brother since I failed to see them last year due to the pandemic.

Appreciate the help.
What do you mean by "renew"? Do you mean an extension?

You need to apply for a new TRV following the same processed you used when you applied for the original TRV. You can apply now and do not need to wait until your old one expires. You can only apply for an extension if you are physically in Canada.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If you are outside Canada, you apply for a new TRV. The process will take months. Plus you will need written authorization to travel during Covid.

jpsantos

Jan 19, 2021
What do you mean by "renew"? Do you mean an extension?

You need to apply for a new TRV following the same processed you used when you applied for the original TRV. You can apply now and do not need to wait until your old one expires. You can only apply for an extension if you are physically in Canada.
Thank you for your help. Will process my online application immediately.

Jan 19, 2021
Hello people,

my name is Joshua and am new here, I want to apply for Canada tourist visa with my wife for our honeymoon,

I just need help on how to go about it and the site to register for the visa application and you all know there’s a lots of fake site out there,

please any advise will be highly appreciated.

thank you

Joshua

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello people,

my name is Joshua and am new here, I want to apply for Canada tourist visa with my wife for our honeymoon,

I just need help on how to go about it and the site to register for the visa application and you all know there’s a lots of fake site out there,

please any advise will be highly appreciated.

thank you

Joshua
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

One can go and apply, but getting authorization to travel to Canada during a pandemic, for honeymoon purposes , is another thing
Hopefully your honeymoon plans are FAR FAR into the future
Like post pandemic