+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for TRV under Immediate family members category

Nan33

Sep 19, 2020
Hi All,

Has anyone applied for TRV under "Immediate family members" category? Has anyone's TRV who applied in this category got approved?

Thanks

BRIL23

Feb 27, 2017
I have similar questions what is the chance of success if I apply under Immediate family under reasons travel ban

Kraken_123

Star Member
Oct 4, 2019
Hello!
I have the same question as @Nan33, so what are the chances of securing a TRV under immediate family member category?

@Buletruck - In my case, my immediate family member would be my Fiance, working in India.

Any suggestions?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I’m Canadian Citizen and my spouse Application was final stage according GCSM Notes in Feb, 2020 but since then no movement
So, again, there is no family exemption category, it is in fact an exemption to the travel ban for travel. Your spouse would still need to meet all the requirements related to obtaining a TRV. If she can get a TRV, she would be able to travel and enter Canada.

Hello!
I have the same question as @Nan33, so what are the chances of securing a TRV under immediate family member category?

@Buletruck - In my case, my immediate family member would be my Fiance, working in India.

Any suggestions?
Unless you are actually married or common law, you aren’t actually considered an immediate family member (as the exemption stand right now). There is some recent talk of revising the exemption, but nothing as yet. Your fiancé would also have to be a citizen or PR for you to qualify for the exemption.

Reactions: mashulia_26

Jhenny0622

May 24, 2019
Because applying online for TRV thers a choices for conjugal partner and i was confuse in the form of imm 5257 ther is no choices for conjugal only family visit or should i put tourism and put for question relationship to me Boufriend or partner?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

seatobc

Oct 30, 2018
Hello,
I have a question that I feel could be relevant to the thread.

@Buletruck - Is there a fair chance of approval if I apply TRV for my wife who is working in India during this covid times? I am a PR holder and there are no PR applications in processing for her.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,
I have a question that I feel could be relevant to the thread.

@Buletruck - Is there a fair chance of approval if I apply TRV for my wife who is working in India during this covid times? I am a PR holder and there are no PR applications in processing for her.
Spousal applications are being processed and take about a year. Visitor visa processing takes 8+ months. Also she has a high chance of a refusal given she is married to you, a PR. Officers will know she is looking to move permanently. So go with spousal sponsorship.

seatobc

Oct 30, 2018
Spousal applications are being processed and take about a year. Visitor visa processing takes 8+ months. Also she has a high chance of a refusal given she is married to you, a PR. Officers will know she is looking to move permanently. So go with spousal sponsorship.
@Naturgrl Thanks for your response.

I was under the impression Visit visa takes about a month or two and the family reunification thing would help prioritize TRV for family members given the long processing time due to Covid. She would be eligible for Express entry so I'm thinking EE + Dual intent TRV is the best option, any thoughts if that would be a better option than spousal sponsorship?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
@Naturgrl Thanks for your response.

I was under the impression Visit visa takes about a month or two and the family reunification thing would help prioritize TRV for family members given the long processing time due to Covid. She would be eligible for Express entry so I'm thinking EE + Dual intent TRV is the best option, any thoughts if that would be a better option than spousal sponsorship?
Prioritization doesn’t mean faster. Visitor visas take around 8 months and if she hasn’t completed biometrics then longer. So she is planning to apply for EE, get ITA, apply and then wait for processing which is more than 6 months. Spousal sponsorship is still an option.

KHJN

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
Time line for my parents application as immediate family member.
25nov online application
26nov biometrics taken
10dec biometrics completed
Email also sent to ircc for exemption from travel ban, no update yet.
Still waiting..
Did anyones application come through under the same category..