+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for TRV before or after spousal PR application

adrdan

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Hello,

I know there are some old posts that somewhat relate to this question, but I would greatly appreciate if (especially senior members or those who have had a similar situation) can give their recent advice/opinion on the following.

I will get married next month and I am now in Canada and am planning to sponsor my wife to come to Canada. Currently she is studying in India and she has one more year of studies. But she will have 3 months holidays at the end of this year. So Im planning to bring her during that period. Given the long wait times for PR application, I also like to apply for her to TRV. I have heard that almost all such applications for TRV "after" applying for a PR sponsorship have been rejected for obvious reasons such as having a PR application in process.

What would be the best way ?

I have a cousin living in Canada, he can invite my spouse for visit purpose (She has strong ties to go back to India as she is studying ). Once she gets visiting visa, I will apply for PR. Will this jeopardize the PR application ?

Or Should I apply for PR first and try for TRV ?

Please advise

Any other advice regarding the TRV+PR situation and their timing is most welcome...

Thanks
Adr

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
Is there an advice on this? Many folks such as adrdan and me are in the same situation.

Thanks in advance!

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017
adrdan said:
Hello,

I know there are some old posts that somewhat relate to this question, but I would greatly appreciate if (especially senior members or those who have had a similar situation) can give their recent advice/opinion on the following.

I will get married next month and I am now in Canada and am planning to sponsor my wife to come to Canada. Currently she is studying in India and she has one more year of studies. But she will have 3 months holidays at the end of this year. So Im planning to bring her during that period. Given the long wait times for PR application, I also like to apply for her to TRV. I have heard that almost all such applications for TRV "after" applying for a PR sponsorship have been rejected for obvious reasons such as having a PR application in process.

What would be the best way ?

I have a cousin living in Canada, he can invite my spouse for visit purpose (She has strong ties to go back to India as she is studying ). Once she gets visiting visa, I will apply for PR. Will this jeopardize the PR application ?

Or Should I apply for PR first and try for TRV ?

Please advise

Any other advice regarding the TRV+PR situation and their timing is most welcome...

Thanks
Adr
It is always easier to get a TRV before marriage provided the applicant has strong ties to the home country. Also any mention of you in the TRV application would strengthen her ties to Canada and could result in a rejection.