+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for TRV and traveling after marraige with that TRV

nands

Jul 25, 2018
Can someone guide me with this scenario of mine ?

I am getting married by october . And i would like to go with him (he is a PR holder ) immediately after marraige . So i am applying for a TRV this month stating that am planning to visit my sister who is also a PR holder . Below are my current situation.

- I am currently working and my last working day would be september first week

- Though i state that i am traveling by september fr TRV purpose , i may not travel by sepetember . Instead i’ll go with my fiancé after marraige around november only .

- It’s obvious that while applying TRV i won’t be having a register marraige certificate .

- If i get TRV and travel with him , we are planning to apply for my PR inside canada while i am in a valid TRV period .

In above scenario , what would be the success rate for getting thru the TRV . Will there be any rejections for this case ?

Kindly help @Bryanna

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Can someone guide me with this scenario of mine ?

I am getting married by october . And i would like to go with him (he is a PR holder ) immediately after marraige . So i am applying for a TRV this month stating that am planning to visit my sister who is also a PR holder . Below are my current situation.

- I am currently working and my last working day would be september first week

- Though i state that i am traveling by september fr TRV purpose , i may not travel by sepetember . Instead i’ll go with my fiancé after marraige around november only .

- It’s obvious that while applying TRV i won’t be having a register marraige certificate .

- If i get TRV and travel with him , we are planning to apply for my PR inside canada while i am in a valid TRV period .

In above scenario , what would be the success rate for getting thru the TRV . Will there be any rejections for this case ?

Kindly help @Bryanna
Technically, you would be misrepresenting in a few ways by:
1. Stating you are employed - as a tie to return home - but you know that you will quit your job shortly.

2. Stating a visit in September - when you're unmarried and have some ties - but you intend to actually travel in November.

A couple of points:
1. When will you submit your resignation letter? And, when will you be applying for a TRV?

2. Even if you don't have a marriage certificate, your marriage will be legally valid on the date it takes place

3. Do you have any other strong ties? Property ownership, finances of your own, previous travel to visa-required countries, etc?

nands

Jul 25, 2018
Technically, you would be misrepresenting in a few ways by:
1. Stating you are employed - as a tie to return home - but you know that you will quit your job shortly.

2. Stating a visit in September - when you're unmarried and have some ties - but you intend to actually travel in November.

A couple of points:
1. When will you submit your resignation letter? And, when will you be applying for a TRV?

2. Even if you don't have a marriage certificate, your marriage will be legally valid on the date it takes place

3. Do you have any other strong ties? Property ownership, finances of your own, previous travel to visa-required countries, etc?
answers for your pointers ,
1. - i have already submitted my resignation and am serving my notice period . which tends to close around sep 1st week . And am planning to apply for TRV this week .

3. i don’t have any property as such but can show good bank balance. I don’t have travel history .

one more doubt if the above scenario seems to be misrepresenting . Can i apply for TRV after marriage with proper marriage certificate? While paralelly applying for PR ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. - i have already submitted my resignation and am serving my notice period . which tends to close around sep 1st week . And am planning to apply for TRV this week .
I thought as much that you had already resigned. You would be risking misrepresentation by claiming to be employed when you have already resigned.

IMO, the only strong tie in your TRV application is your employment. And, there's always the possibility that the visa office might contact your employer to confirm your employment claims.

Can you withdraw your resignation letter asap? I recommend you do not apply for a TRV by making this false statement. You're not between jobs/you cannot prove another employment offer.

one more doubt if the above scenario seems to be misrepresenting . Can i apply for TRV after marriage with proper marriage certificate? While paralelly applying for PR ?
Generally, it is far more difficult to get a TRV when one is married to a Canadian spouse and/or when a spousal PR application is in process.

Your best chances of getting a TRV are now before you get married. Your chances of a TRV approval after you get married are pretty much zero because you are not employed/no property ownership/no previous travel history, etc

To have some chances of a TRV approval now, I suggest you 'resume' your employment + include 2-3 more strong ties to your country of residence

nands

Jul 25, 2018
I thought as much that you had already resigned. You would be risking misrepresentation by claiming to be employed when you have already resigned.

IMO, the only strong tie in your TRV application is your employment. And, there's always the possibility that the visa office might contact your employer to confirm your employment claims.

Can you withdraw your resignation letter asap? I recommend you do not apply for a TRV by making this false statement. You're not between jobs/you cannot prove another employment offer.

Generally, it is far more difficult to get a TRV when one is married to a Canadian spouse and/or when a spousal PR application is in process.

Your best chances of getting a TRV are now before you get married. Your chances of a TRV approval after you get married are pretty much zero because you are not employed/no property ownership/no previous travel history, etc

To have some chances of a TRV approval now, I suggest you 'resume' your employment + include 2-3 more strong ties to your country of residence

Thanks a lot for your detailed response :)

nands

Jul 25, 2018
@Bryanna , One more clarification please. As a proof of relationship for my sister , i have to submit birth certificates of both. But unfortunately there is some minor spelling mistake in parents name in the docs because one is hand written and the other is computerized. So now i am confused , what am i supposed to do ?? Should i submit the doc as such or need to get an affidavit from notary ? Please advise

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna , One more clarification please. As a proof of relationship for my sister , i have to submit birth certificates of both. But unfortunately there is some minor spelling mistake in parents name in the docs because one is hand written and the other is computerized. So now i am confused , what am i supposed to do ?? Should i submit the doc as such or need to get an affidavit from notary ? Please advise
If your sister is not married or she has not changed the passport to her married name then her passport would probably state your parents' names.

You can submit copies of your/your sister's birth certificates + your passports which state your parents' names + school records. You can include a small explanation for the minor discrepancy in the spellings. An affidavit is not required

henry gabriel

Jul 9, 2018
I was thinking about to ask this too.

In my last refused TRV application i put “never Maried/single” but I’m no married in just in free unión with the mother of my son, if I applied again and show a certificate that i have free union since 4 years would I be in troubles ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
In my last refused TRV application i put “never Maried/single” but I’m no married in just in free unión with the mother of my son, if I applied again and show a certificate that i have free union since 4 years would I be in troubles ?
'Free union' as in a 'common law relationship' or as in 'no commitments at all'? Are you cohabiting with her?

If you're in a common law relationship then you must answer 'Yes' to the question. If it is 'no commitments/more-than-one relationship' then you must answer 'No'

henry gabriel

Jul 9, 2018
'Free union' as in a 'common law relationship' or as in 'no commitments at all'? Are you cohabiting with her?

If you're in a common law relationship then you must answer 'Yes' to the question. If it is 'no commitments/more-than-one relationship' then you must answer 'No'

Yes “common law” sorry For my bad English, well in my last application i answered never married, but if in a future I want to reapply and upload my common law certificate by a lawyer notary that won’t affect ? That paper certificate that I have 4 years of colon law relationship.

So I lied in my last application saying I was single father.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Yes “common law” sorry For my bad English, well in my last application i answered never married, but if in a future I want to reapply and upload my common law certificate by a lawyer notary that won’t affect ? That paper certificate that I have 4 years of colon law relationship.

So I lied in my last application saying I was single father.
If you are currently in a common law relationship but lied about it, you might have future complications if IRCC finds out about it. Especially for misrepresentation, its a 5 years banned for entering Canada

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
so I must declare my common law in my next application. ?
Yes, you must declare it. You must also include an explanation to say you had misunderstood the question about your marital status for your previous application + the mistake was unintentional/due to oversight.

You can include your common law partner and son as family ties to return to when you reapply

henry gabriel

Jul 9, 2018
Yes, you must declare it. You must also include an explanation to say you had misunderstood the question about your marital status for your previous application + the mistake was unintentional/due to oversight.

You can include your common law partner and son as family ties to return to when you reapply
thanks,

sorry for the delay question but in what IRCC form should i put that explanation ?