AOR Received.
08-08-2012
File Transfer...
(AIP) 11-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-03-2012
LANDED..........
(DM) 15-04-2013
I applied for travel document in July 2012, and still yet to receive my passports back from Islamabad Canadian Embassy. There's no way to contact them, and today, I received an email asking to send them my previous passports (expired) as well. Anybody have any experience with applying for travel documents from Pakistan? Did they accept/reject? And what was the timeline?

janay

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Hi. My son applied in Dec. 2011 from CHC Islamabad and last week he was refused for not fulfilling residency obligation. He stayed for one year in canada (2005-2006). Went back pakistan, and is studying there. he is given the option for appeal in IAD.within 60 days. He came back in July 2010 for a month only. If you spent 730 day in the past 5 yr you would get it. If you apply on urgent with the proof of travel/ticket etc, they process the appliction on priority.
Janay

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi janay do u know,anyone in situation like me in which they sent document for further verification for pr renewal. I m so depressed.

janay

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Not exactly the same situation as yours but on this forum ppl talk about the verification process at the local offices. Please dont, worry. things are going in the forward direction to end up with positive result*.

*Important Question: did you tell them that your husband is in Pak Army? I sent you a personal message, did you receive? Even I have been sending you mails on the e-mail address given in your info. If you are not interested to reply let me know I won't send in future (sometimes we can not write everything on the forum).
Good Luck
Janay

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No dear its perfectly fine my your personal email, sorry about not replying on time I was just busy really,busy started working ten hrs a day as it's so frustrating. Ofcourse I did mention he is an army officer I know,it might cause delay. But I just,didn't want to hide anything n in army even if I would have tried to hide,it's not hard for them to figure out,through background check tht's why I am only satisfied on one,thing tht whatever they want to verify doesn't matter. But I m just worried with the time it,might take tht's all.

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi janay I haven't recieved any of your,emails just checked my mail box.

sarakhans

Star Member
Jan 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
AOR Received.
08-08-2012
File Transfer...
(AIP) 11-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-03-2012
LANDED..........
(DM) 15-04-2013
they are so slow ... its been almost 6 months, and no reply from them. There is a breach of permanent residency, but we've sent it for renewal on basis on H&C grounds, and we recieved a letter from them that the file is transferred in local office... and then we had to come back to Pakistan due to very sick health of our father.

the letter CIC sent states that if you are outside Canada during the process to apply for Travel Document.. not sure if they will issue it here in ISB embassy or not..

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sarakhans said:
they are so slow ... its been almost 6 months, and no reply from them. There is a breach of permanent residency, but we've sent it for renewal on basis on H&C grounds, and we recieved a letter from them that the file is transferred in local office... and then we had to come back to Pakistan due to very sick health of our father.

the letter CIC sent states that if you are outside Canada during the process to apply for Travel Document.. not sure if they will issue it here in ISB embassy or not..
To clarify:

You applied for PR Card renewal despite not meeting the Residence Obligation (RO) of 730 days in the 5 years prior to application date and presented Humanitarian and Compassionate (H&C) reasons. CIC then referred your application to the local office (likely to schedule an interview) but you left Canada before the PR card renewal application was finalized and you have now applied for a TD in Pakistan.

1. What was the shortfall in days at PR card renewal?

2. What proof do you have of your physical presence in Canada?

3. What were the H&C reasons (if you are ok to share) for your absence and did you provide evidence of this?

4. What was the shortfall in days at TD application?

5. Did you declare H&C reasons at TD application and did you provide evidence of this?

6. Have you now submitted the passports requested by the visa post?

7. Are you a couple each with PR and does one of you meet the RO?

Its best not to leave Canada in a case where the PR Card renewal application does not meet the RO. If you have a valid US visa you should enter Canada via a land border and not leave till the renewal issues is resolved....don't wait in Pakistan for the TD as its no longer a straightforward case. If you don't have a US visa then you have to wait for the via post to complete the processing...it seems they doubt your declared 'in Canada' days.

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To be honest no offence they are getting strict overall n particularly for pak. India etc due to certain no. of fake cases. But in situation like this when you were short of,days n was under,the process of pr,status renewal not only the pr,card you should not have left canada. Because now instead of giving you a chance at interview to see any h & c grounds they can simply decline td application by saying residency requirements not met, I believe janay's son in this forum had given a chance to come to canada for,final interview with immigration,officer. So wait for there response every situation is different you might be lucky enough to satisfy the officer in final interview. Best of luck,for,everything n if something new comes up plz update the forum as well. N in case you were called for interview for h&c basis let me know as I have been through that and with grace of,allah successful as well my,case is also on the forum let me know if,you need any help or have any questions. Best of luck.

sarakhans

Star Member
Jan 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
AOR Received.
08-08-2012
File Transfer...
(AIP) 11-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-03-2012
LANDED..........
(DM) 15-04-2013
Msafiri said:
To clarify:

You applied for PR Card renewal despite not meeting the Residence Obligation (RO) of 730 days in the 5 years prior to application date and presented Humanitarian and Compassionate (H&C) reasons. CIC then referred your application to the local office (likely to schedule an interview) but you left Canada before the PR card renewal application was finalized and you have now applied for a TD in Pakistan.

1. What was the shortfall in days at PR card renewal?

2. What proof do you have of your physical presence in Canada?

3. What were the H&C reasons (if you are ok to share) for your absence and did you provide evidence of this?

4. What was the shortfall in days at TD application?

5. Did you declare H&C reasons at TD application and did you provide evidence of this?

6. Have you now submitted the passports requested by the visa post?

7. Are you a couple each with PR and does one of you meet the RO?

Its best not to leave Canada in a case where the PR Card renewal application does not meet the RO. If you have a valid US visa you should enter Canada via a land border and not leave till the renewal issues is resolved....don't wait in Pakistan for the TD as its no longer a straightforward case. If you don't have a US visa then you have to wait for the via post to complete the processing...it seems they doubt your declared 'in Canada' days.
Honestly, we stayed in Canada only for 6 months in total. We had to go back since our grandfather was alone in Pakistan with no one to take care of him, so our dad decided to leave everything and go back. Now we turned 18, and wanted to back to Canada so we can study. We applied to renewal while we were in Canada, and they sent us a letter that our file has been transferred to local office. At that point in time we were already in Pakistan. Im guessing they would call for an interview. Our grandfather was very sick (he is 85), and my dad was the only son there to take care of him. so yeah, anyways, the letter CIC sent stated that if you leave the country whiles its in process, to apply for TD.

Thats what we did, sent in all the passports, and told them there is a breach of residency, however, we have already appealed, and file is in process. We have bank accounts in Canada, and sent in copy of statements. Also, we sent in copies of licenses/sins/healthcards, etc.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sarakhans said:
Honestly, we stayed in Canada only for 6 months in total. We had to go back since our grandfather was alone in Pakistan with no one to take care of him, so our dad decided to leave everything and go back. Now we turned 18, and wanted to back to Canada so we can study. We applied to renewal while we were in Canada, and they sent us a letter that our file has been transferred to local office. At that point in time we were already in Pakistan. Im guessing they would call for an interview. Our grandfather was very sick (he is 85), and my dad was the only son there to take care of him. so yeah, anyways, the letter CIC sent stated that if you leave the country whiles its in process, to apply for TD.

Thats what we did, sent in all the passports, and told them there is a breach of residency, however, we have already appealed, and file is in process. We have bank accounts in Canada, and sent in copy of statements. Also, we sent in copies of licenses/sins/healthcards, etc.
IMHO your case for TD issuance is weak with only 183 days (6 months) out of the required 730 days (25%). However depending on the proof submitted for the care of your grandfather you may get a miracle and succeed. If you get a denial do appeal as you have a better chance to argue as minors that you had little choice in accompanying your parent/s to Pakistan. As you have been in Canada at least once in the 365 days prior to TD application you will get a TD (after appeal submission) to attend a hearing in Canada. The issue with appeals is that they are taking a year to be listed so you will be stuck outside Canada until close to the hearing date.

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my opinion you can focus more on that,you were accompanying your parents as minors and they decided to go to pak. To take care of your grand father ,n as minor you didn't have choice except to obey them even without your will but now you want to come back to canada n start your life if had given a chance by again give you pr status. That can work for appeal or interview for seeking h&c grounds. Very best of luck inshallah everthing will work in your favour.

sarakhans

Star Member
Jan 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
AOR Received.
08-08-2012
File Transfer...
(AIP) 11-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-03-2012
LANDED..........
(DM) 15-04-2013
thanks so much for your advice, hopefully everything works out...

Msafiri said:
IMHO your case for TD issuance is weak with only 183 days (6 months) out of the required 730 days (25%). However depending on the proof submitted for the care of your grandfather you may get a miracle and succeed. If you get a denial do appeal as you have a better chance to argue as minors that you had little choice in accompanying your parent/s to Pakistan. As you have been in Canada at least once in the 365 days prior to TD application you will get a TD (after appeal submission) to attend a hearing in Canada. The issue with appeals is that they are taking a year to be listed so you will be stuck outside Canada until close to the hearing date.

sarakhans

Star Member
Jan 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
AOR Received.
08-08-2012
File Transfer...
(AIP) 11-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-03-2012
LANDED..........
(DM) 15-04-2013
yeah, we'll try that. for now, lets hope they gives us positive reply. just last week they requsted previous passports as well.

farid- said:
In my opinion you can focus more on that,you were accompanying your parents as minors and they decided to go to pak. To take care of your grand father ,n as minor you didn't have choice except to obey them even without your will but now you want to come back to canada n start your life if had given a chance by again give you pr status. That can work for appeal or interview for seeking h&c grounds. Very best of luck inshallah everthing will work in your favour.

Hafeez70

Jan 5, 2013
My wife sent a TD application to the Islamabad office in February 2012 and the decision was made in November 2012. During this time, CHC Islamabad did not communicate with her. Her case was complicated so I suspect it took more time than average. The application was rejected