+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Super Visa.

wahajhasan

Dec 29, 2022
Hi Everyone,

I am a Permanent Resident in Canada and wish to apply for Super Visa for my mother in Pakistan. I need advice and guidance from experienced and knowledgeable members. She has been refused a Visitor visa twice in 2018 and 2021, once as she did not have a good travel history, and the second time the immigration was not satisfied that she would not leave at the end of her stay and ties with her home country were not strong.

I wish to apply for Super Visa for my mother. I have almost filled up the form but am concerned about a couple of things;

1. I alone do not meet the LICO requirement so how to add my wife as a co-sponsor?
2. How much amount is adequate for expenses for a visit and how many months visit to show as my mother will be here in the summer and will go before winter.
3. Do I need to have some amount in my bank account other than the amount of the expense?
4. Do I need to show strong ties to her home country for a super visa, if yes, how do I show it?
5. My mother has a sister over here as well, can it be beneficial to her application?

These are some of the questions in my mind, if any of the kind members have any questions, I will answer as they are asked. If this is the wrong forum for this thread, then please also guide me to the relevant forum.

Thank you everyone for your kind guidance in advance.

AcademicProfessor

Dec 6, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I am a Permanent Resident in Canada and wish to apply for Super Visa for my mother in Pakistan. I need advice and guidance from experienced and knowledgeable members. She has been refused a Visitor visa twice in 2018 and 2021, once as she did not have a good travel history, and the second time the immigration was not satisfied that she would not leave at the end of her stay and ties with her home country were not strong.

I wish to apply for Super Visa for my mother. I have almost filled up the form but am concerned about a couple of things;

1. I alone do not meet the LICO requirement so how to add my wife as a co-sponsor?
2. How much amount is adequate for expenses for a visit and how many months visit to show as my mother will be here in the summer and will go before winter.
3. Do I need to have some amount in my bank account other than the amount of the expense?
4. Do I need to show strong ties to her home country for a super visa, if yes, how do I show it?
5. My mother has a sister over here as well, can it be beneficial to her application?

These are some of the questions in my mind, if any of the kind members have any questions, I will answer as they are asked. If this is the wrong forum for this thread, then please also guide me to the relevant forum.

I am not sure about adding wife as co applicant, but a few tips

Buy two years of insurance fully upfront (they will refund if the visa is not approved). Talk to AJ on 416 613 9310
Have an affidavit notarized and sworn that "she will leave and not overstay beyond the duration of her visa"
Notarized invitation letter.
Show as much money as possible.
Buy a return ticket for 9-10 months. (Buy a fully refundable one in case it gets refused)
Show family ties back in Pakistan. (Recent family photos, social life, any rental property)
Dont mention about sister here. Mention about relatives back home.
In your letter, convince them she will return back.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Buy two years of insurance fully upfront (they will refund if the visa is not approved). Talk to AJ on 416 613 9310
Have an affidavit notarized and sworn that "she will leave and not overstay beyond the duration of her visa"
Buy a return ticket for 9-10 months. (Buy a fully refundable one in case it gets refused)
Show family ties back in Pakistan. (Recent family photos, social life, any rental property)
No need to pay to notarize the invitation letter. No point in including a notarized letter saying parent will follow the immigration rules and not overstay. It is not rngircesble and just a waste of money. Only buy one year of supervisa insurance at time. Most insurance companies will only sell you one year at a time because they want to review and claims before issueing another year of supervisa insurance. Do not buy a ticket. It isn’t necessary and actually discouraged. Proof of itinerary is fine. Nobody expects a parent on a supervisa to know their departure date so far in advance. You have to declare family in Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Everyone,

You should be able to show that your family has enough savings to whether any emergency and increased expenses from your mother’s visit from supervisa insurance for a year to a plane ticket to increased costs of having her in Canada. There is not set amount but you should be ane to show that your family could deal with a job loss for multiple months for example. Be able to pay if your mother has a dental emergency for example. There is no set amount although the more the better of course. You can include your wife as a go-sponsor on your application and include her earnings in Canada to yours. She should have proof that she has ties to her home country and will return. Is your father still alive? Do you gave siblings in Pakistan? Are her parents still alive and dies she help care for them? Does she own property in Pakistan?

cvish92

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Hello,

I'm in a rather confused situation. I am applying for a super visa for both my parents and my in-laws. This will be done as 2 separate visa applications. The problem is my wife moved recently and doesn't have an NOA (she is working but moved to Canada in Sept 2022 as a PR holder).

Would it complicated to show myself as a sponsor for my parents and hers? What is the best way to handle this?

Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I'm in a rather confused situation. I am applying for a super visa for both my parents and my in-laws. This will be done as 2 separate visa applications. The problem is my wife moved recently and doesn't have an NOA (she is working but moved to Canada in Sept 2022 as a PR holder).

Would it complicated to show myself as a sponsor for my parents and hers? What is the best way to handle this?

Thanks!
She has to apply for her parents but can use your NOA. Your NOA will have to show enough funds for 6 people

wahajhasan

Dec 29, 2022
You should be able to show that your family has enough savings to whether any emergency and increased expenses from your mother’s visit from super visa insurance for a year to a plane ticket to increased costs of having her in Canada. There is not set amount but you should be ane to show that your family could deal with a job loss for multiple months for example. Be able to pay if your mother has a dental emergency for example. There is no set amount although the more the better of course. You can include your wife as a go-sponsor on your application and include her earnings in Canada to yours. She should have proof that she has ties to her home country and will return. Is your father still alive? Do you gave siblings in Pakistan? Are her parents still alive and dies she help care for them? Does she own property in Pakistan?
Hi, thanks a lot for your response. The maximum amount that I can show at this moment is CAD 10 K. My father is not alive. I have one brother and two sisters in Pakistan. My Grandparents are dead. She has a land property but that is not worth a lot of money. She has grandchildren in Pakistan. In the application, the details of all my siblings of myself, and my mother are mentioned.

Last edited:

wahajhasan

Dec 29, 2022

Thanks a lot for your reply. I plan to have my mother for most 3 to 4 months because life over here is not like in Pakistan, I mean socially as over there, there are family gatherings and stuff like that and besides spending winter is not easy over here for old people. The main issue is showing money to bear expenses over here. Like I know that with my and my wife's income, we can easily bear expenses but convincing immigration is another matter. The most I can show in 10 K in the account.

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
Hi, thanks a lot for your response. The maximum amount that I can show at this moment is CAD 10 K. My father is not alive. I have one brother and two sisters in Pakistan. My Grandparents are dead. She has a land property but that is not worth a lot of money. She has grandchildren in Pakistan. In the application, the details of all my siblings of myself, and my mother are mentioned.
For single parents, showing ties to home country are extremely important. She may not be working but can you show her as a member of any religious organization or active in community work there? Now that visa has already been denied twice, it's super important to write a very good letter of explanation detailing changes that have happened since the last application. Also, better to give it a little break while you work on identifying and documenting those changes.

wahajhasan

Dec 29, 2022
For single parents, showing ties to home country are extremely important. She may not be working but can you show her as a member of any religious organization or active in community work there? Now that visa has already been denied twice, it's super important to write a very good letter of explanation detailing changes that have happened since the last application. Also, better to give it a little break while you work on identifying and documenting those changes.
The visa that was rejected was Visitor Visa and not Super Visa, does this matter? Her visa was rejected last year in March/ April. I had not mentioned the property that my mother owns in the last application. Thank you for your response, should there be a separate letter of explanation or should i mention this in my letter for my parent?

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
The visa that was rejected was Visitor Visa and not Super Visa, does this matter? Her visa was rejected last year in March/ April. I had not mentioned the property that my mother owns in the last application. Thank you for your response, should there be a separate letter of explanation or should i mention this in my letter for my parent?
No it doesn't matter but what is needed here is someone with impeccable English who can write a great letter of explanation. It's all about the format. IRCC officials won't have time to dig information in the application so it's very important to write well in English.

Last edited:

wahajhasan

Dec 29, 2022
No it doesn't matter but what is needed here is someone with impeccable English who canal write a great letter of explanation. It's all about the format. CRA officials won't have time to dig information in the application so it's very important to write well in English.
Thank you.

mymonika4

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Hey everyone,
I am looking for some guidance on getting the Super visa travel indurance for my parents.
The quotes from companies like Manulife is too high and I am having a hard time in trusting these local insurance agencies who can get you insurance plans for cheaper dates.

Any suggestions are welcome.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No it doesn't matter but what is needed here is someone with impeccable English who canal write a great letter of explanation. It's all about the format. CRA officials won't have time to dig information in the application so it's very important to write well in English.
Not sure why CRA will be involved.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks a lot for your reply. I plan to have my mother for most 3 to 4 months because life over here is not like in Pakistan, I mean socially as over there, there are family gatherings and stuff like that and besides spending winter is not easy over here for old people. The main issue is showing money to bear expenses over here. Like I know that with my and my wife's income, we can easily bear expenses but convincing immigration is another matter. The most I can show in 10 K in the account.
Agree that ties to her family are very important as a single parent. If there are any family weddings she needs to attend, for example, that would be something to include. This closer the relative the better. Would include a copy of an invitation if available. If she has any grandchildren arriving this year or next year that would be some other information to include. These types of things together will hopefully show that she has reasons to return to Pakistan. She needs to paint a picture of commitments and everyday life that would mean she would return to Pakistan versus stay in Canada. Including proof not just a letter would reinforce the information you provide.