+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Super Visa.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey everyone,
I am looking for some guidance on getting the Super visa travel indurance for my parents.
The quotes from companies like Manulife is too high and I am having a hard time in trusting these local insurance agencies who can get you insurance plans for cheaper dates.

Any suggestions are welcome.
Duplicate

lyluk

Dec 21, 2014
No need to pay to notarize the invitation letter. No point in including a notarized letter saying parent will follow the immigration rules and not overstay. It is not rngircesble and just a waste of money. Only buy one year of supervisa insurance at time. Most insurance companies will only sell you one year at a time because they want to review and claims before issueing another year of supervisa insurance. Do not buy a ticket. It isn’t necessary and actually discouraged. Proof of itinerary is fine. Nobody expects a parent on a supervisa to know their departure date so far in advance. You have to declare family in Canada.
@canuck78 Is it a good idea to mention 2 years duration for the travel dates and buy insurance for 1 year only? Or best mention just 1 year duration for the travel dates?