+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Study Permit while PR application is open

Ylover207

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
I had explained my dual intent in the SOP... Also I had received an ITA and had also submitted all the necessary documents... However if you wanna go through my SOP I can send it to you... just leave your email I’d here

Hello
Plz can you send me SOP concerning dual intent plz ?

Adineh

Jun 5, 2017
I had explained my dual intent in the SOP... Also I had received an ITA and had also submitted all the necessary documents... However if you wanna go through my SOP I can send it to you... just leave your email I’d here
Would you mind if I had your SOP too? I am in the same situation and want to apply for SP while I have an active EE profile.
My email is adinehzadeh989@gmail.com
Many thanks in advance.

Ylover207

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020

Hello
Would you mind to send me your sop under dual intent plz ?
Here is my email
Ylover207@gmail.com

SDS

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Hi,

Thank you for sharing your experience and willing to share your SOP. I had sent a message and appreciate if you can email your SOP.

Thank you again....

vignesh91292

Feb 19, 2015
Hi,
I'm at the same situation and really struggling to understand what to write in my SOP. It would be greatly helpful if you could share your SOP. My email is vignesh91292@gmail.com. Appreciate your help!
Thank you so much!

rish6

Sep 5, 2013
Wrong. You cant have a temp application and a perm application running at the same time. You have to apply for all entry permits to Canada through mycic website and you have to enter the code you are given after the come to canada tool. The tool wont allow you to proceed if you mention you want to go to Canada to study and live in Canada permanently. You have to choose one option.
hi there,
don't you think candidates could mention in their SOP that they are applying for SP to learn and keep the progress of education and will return, after completion of SP, if PR gets refused? Would not it be a normal and a transparent thing todo?

Also if somebody applied for SP , can they apply for any immigration programs (like pnp, EE etc) while being an international student? Please do share.

Applicante23

Mar 10, 2020
Hello
Did you use the same medical exam for both applications?

amdavis05

Feb 6, 2021
If you are going to university in Canada, you should SURELY be able to explain your SOP. Otherwise what are you doing coming to a Canadian university? You have the skill and aptitude to write it.

nonu

Star Member
Aug 20, 2018
Hi, I have a query, I have already applied for PR through express entry, although everything is passed, but ppr for outlanders are at hold currently due to pandemic, can i apply to study at the same time my PR APPLICATION is going on, so that i can reach canada as a student earlier then later on convert to PR whenever it is approved

Last edited:

Adineh

Jun 5, 2017
Hi everyone,
We applied for a study permit with a spousal open work permit while I have a permanent residency application (I got ITA in EE process), and fortunately got PPR.
Now, I want to share my experience:

EE created: 21 Dec 2021
StudyPermit and OWP Submission: 5 Feb 2021
ITA for EE: 10 Feb 2021
Biometric: 15 Feb 2021
Asked for CV and 7 questions (SP): 16 Feb 2021
Submit Additionals(SP): 19 Feb 2021
Permanent Residency Submission (EE): 24 Feb 2021
Asked For a new passport (because the expiry date was less than 6 months)(SP) : 20 Apr 2021
Submit the new passport(SP): 24 Apr 2021
PPR for principle applicant(SP): 27 Apr 2021
PPR for the family member (OWP): 4 May 2021

In the study plan, I pointed to the permanent residency application explicitly and described about two paragraphs about my plan after an authorized period in case of the rejection of my permanent residency application, including reworking in my current company.
It's good to note that I have some ghost before any changes, including asked or PPR.

Thank you to all who helped me, and I hope that all will get a study permit or an OWP.

Felando Jane

May 10, 2021
Hi everyone,
We applied for a study permit with a spousal open work permit while I have a permanent residency application (I got ITA in EE process), and fortunately got PPR.

Asked For a new passport (because the expiry date was less than 6 months)(SP) : 20 Apr 2021

In the study plan, I pointed to the permanent residency application explicitly and described about two paragraphs about my plan after an authorized period in case of the rejection of my permanent residency application, including reworking in my current company.
It's good to note that I have some ghost before any changes, including asked or PPR.

Thank you to all who helped me, and I hope that all will get a study permit or an OWP.
Dear Adineh, if you do not mind, could you share your study plan with me? My email address is doubleaung5@gmail.com. Thank you so much in advance.

EsterO

Star Member
Aug 29, 2018
Hi everyone,

Hi Adineh, Big congratulations. Please can you share your further details on IELTS scores, age (asking because I'm in my mid 30's) wondering if this can still happen for me. Many thanks for responding

NRai

Jun 13, 2019
Me email ID is rainripta@gmail.com. Kindly send me your SOP. It would be VERY helpful.