+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Study Permit while PR application is open

R_k

Jun 30, 2018
Congratulations on the score! I would suggest you do the landing and then apply for PR as inland it’ll be quicker in processing!
Hi..RPS92
did u get ur study permit for jan 2019 admissions,,,,(was reading this thread and u had said tht u have ur PR application also going on simultaneously)..whta problems u face during this.....

EsterO

Star Member
Aug 29, 2018
Hi Team,

I got my study permit last year after deferring my admission due to late study permit approval. My question is can I go ahead and start my PR application outside of Canada or wait till I get into Canada this fall. Which is more advisable

RPS92

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-06-2018
AOR Received.
21-08-2018
Med's Done....
12-09-18
Passport Req..
29-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2019
Hi..RPS92
did u get ur study permit for jan 2019 admissions,,,,(was reading this thread and u had said tht u have ur PR application also going on simultaneously)..whta problems u face during this.....
It took a longer than usual time. I suggest to come to Canada and then apply for a PR

RPS92

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-06-2018
AOR Received.
21-08-2018
Med's Done....
12-09-18
Passport Req..
29-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2019
Hi Team,

I got my study permit last year after deferring my admission due to late study permit approval. My question is can I go ahead and start my PR application outside of Canada or wait till I get into Canada this fall. Which is more advisable
I would suggest to come to Canada and then apply for a PR. Inland procedures are fairly quick.

Reactions: EsterO

harshil78342

Nov 10, 2019
Hey. I am from India and have 2 years of job experience. I am planning to immigrate to Canada but I’m really stuck between two things. I’m going to apply in Canadian College for September 2020 intake but I’m also going for an express entry. Going to start my process for pr in some time but will i be facing any trouble for Student visa when I apply after few months? Can I process my student visa process normally or is there something else I have to do if my pr is in process? Also I’m doing this because I need to get there in 2020 through direct pr or through student visa.
Some suggestions will be really appreciated :) (NOTE: i have passed IELTS for both academic and general and I’m eligible for both of them)

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Hello,
I have an active Express Entry profile and at the same time I am also applying for Student Visa. Hence can anyone help me clarifying my doubts.
1. Is this okay to have an EE profile and at the same time Applying for student visa
2. Do I have to mention the same in my SOP in student visa application
3. Is there any drawback having both the profiles or should I withdraw Express Entry Profile

Thanks

jzle93

Dec 4, 2019
I am also applying for study permit while waiting for PR. Can anyone give me guidance on how we explain our dual intent in our SOP? Thanks a lot!

Iammapplepie

Feb 5, 2020
I just wanna help people in a similar situation as mine..... I had applied under FSW in EE for PR which is still processing..... i also applied for a SP on July 31st as my college begins from Sept 10 and my SP got approved today..... so dual intend is very much possible and I successfully got through.... hope this helps....
What did you write in your SOP ? Did you explain why dual intent

Iammapplepie

Feb 5, 2020
Hi
CIC allows it, and I actually did that, it's called dual intent:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/dual.asp

The Come to Canada tool is only a wizard for online applications, it's not the actual ministerial instructions.

I for one applied for a TRV while my PR application was in progress. I answered the questionnaire as if I was only applying for a TRV, I even used the same MyCIC account and UCI number as my Express Entry app, and there was no conflict at all: My PR application was approved 2 weeks after my TRV was stamped. I got the GCMS notes for both applications, and CIC was perfectly aware of my parallel applications.

I reused my PR medical for my TRV medical (although not required). So if you do upfront medicals for Express Entry, you can submit the same one for your study permit.
- please tell what to write in SOP for study permit to explain dual intent and confirm that I will come back after authorized stay. My PR app is under process and need to file study permit.

vrock510

Jul 10, 2020
I just wanna help people in a similar situation as mine..... I had applied under FSW in EE for PR which is still processing..... i also applied for a SP on July 31st as my college begins from Sept 10 and my SP got approved today..... so dual intend is very much possible and I successfully got through.... hope this helps....
First of all, thank you for sharing your experience. Actually, currently I in a exact same situation as yours, I have entered the express entry pool last month and I received an offer letter from Humber college for a one year course. Could you please share your experience in writing a SOP for study visa? I mean, should I write about my PR application or avoid doing it in my study permit sop? If you could help me with it, that would be great help.

OWM

Aug 22, 2018
First of all, thank you for sharing your experience. Actually, currently I in a exact same situation as yours, I have entered the express entry pool last month and I received an offer letter from Humber college for a one year course. Could you please share your experience in writing a SOP for study visa? I mean, should I write about my PR application or avoid doing it in my study permit sop? If you could help me with it, that would be great help.
I had explained my dual intent in the SOP... Also I had received an ITA and had also submitted all the necessary documents... However if you wanna go through my SOP I can send it to you... just leave your email I’d here

Reactions: SDS and vrock510

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
I had explained my dual intent in the SOP... Also I had received an ITA and had also submitted all the necessary documents... However if you wanna go through my SOP I can send it to you... just leave your email I’d here
Many Congratulations for your ITA. I have left a private msg to you. Could you please help me with the request.

vrock510

Jul 10, 2020
Thank you so much for your reply. Seeing your sop as an example would definitely help me a lot before applying for the study permit. My Id is vsoni510@gmail.com.
Thanks. -Vaibhav Soni.

Maryammsv

Jul 11, 2020
Hi , I’m on the same boat. Could you please send your SOP to me as well?
my email address is : maryammsv62@gmail.com
Could you please also tell me what ties did you use for your study permit application ?
Thank you!