+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for SIN

cacouncill94

Mar 28, 2018
So we are moving to Calgary in about 1 month, my wife and step son were both born in Canada but have not lived there in about 7 years, my daughter was born in the US and i already got her certificate of citizenship.

Do i need to go ahead and apply for everyones SIN's or do i need to wait until i immigrate there and then do it?

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
So we are moving to Calgary in about 1 month, my wife and step son were both born in Canada but have not lived there in about 7 years, my daughter was born in the US and i already got her certificate of citizenship.

Do i need to go ahead and apply for everyones SIN's or do i need to wait until i immigrate there and then do it?
You would only qualify for SIN if you had obtain PR or Citizenship Status.

Snipping

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Ok thank you, all i have to do for the landing process is drive across the border and present the border agents with my paperwork correct?
You should also have the BSF 186 and BSF 186A (if your list doesn’t fit on the 186 form) filled out as well to declare the goods that are accompanying you when you first immigrate and those that will follow later.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
By the way once you have landed as a PR you can go to the nearest Service Canada office with your documentation and usually get a SIN on demand.