+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for SIN online after landing

aurelero

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
France
Hello All,

To which address they mail the SIN card ? Is it to the address printed on the proof of address document or can I provide a friend's address in the online application form ?
Hi, there is no SIN card, it's just a letter with your SIN printed on it. Normally you don't need to do it online, there should be at least one Office Canada opened you can visit and get the SIN in less than 30min and they won't ask you for a proof of address. No appointment needed.

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
Hi, there is no SIN card, it's just a letter with your SIN printed on it. Normally you don't need to do it online, there should be at least one Office Canada opened you can visit and get the SIN in less than 30min and they won't ask you for a proof of address. No appointment needed.
Thanks. But I do want to do it online and not visit ServiceCanada.

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
Ok then you have not landed yet. I'm sure this has been answered already as applying at the airport was the standard way.
I am an inland applicant. I am not in Canada at the moment. I am in my home country. I got COPR document by email(no landing or interview needed, this is a new process). This is why I cannot goto ServiceCanada and want to apply online.

aurelero

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
France
I am an inland applicant. I am not in Canada at the moment. I am in my home country. I got COPR document by email(no landing or interview needed, this is a new process). This is why I cannot goto ServiceCanada and want to apply online.
Ok I got it. I'm afraid I can't help you with this.

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
How long does it take to get the SIN after you apply online ? Did anyone apply online recently and got the SIN letter ?

Huda_suddiqui

Star Member
Dec 31, 2018
Hi all,
What would be the proof of address if applying for SIN online while I am outside Canada. I did our landing on 16 March and went back to UK the next day.
Thanks in advance

Nish2020

Oct 27, 2020
Hi Everyone,
I am coming to Canada on workpermit. Is service canada open at Toronot Airport? Can i get SIN from the airport? If after my quarantine can I go straight to service canada and apply in person without appointment?
Please let me know if any one knows about it.

Thank you in advance!!