+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for refugee inside canada

seeking light

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Hi
I am out of status for more than 2 years. I came as student. I want to apply for refugee. Am I eligible? I read on cic Web " , people who are subject to a removal order cannot make a refugee claim.". I am confused if it applies to me. I have no criminal or human right violation record. Please advise

Taxed

Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-2015
Doc's Request.
11-2015
AOR Received.
04-2015
Med's Request
11-2015
Med's Done....
11-2015
Interview........
9-2016 ARC Approved.: 9-2016 CSQ Issued.....: 2-2017 Re-Med's Request...: 4-2017 Re-Med's Done : 4-2017
Passport Req..
04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-2017
LANDED..........
05-2017
Have you ever been stopped by police during these 2 years? I mean like driving ticket or something. So if you were subject for removal, they would be an arrest warrant in your name.
Either way i think you could apply but make sure by asking a lawyer as its an important step.

seeking light

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Taxed said:
Have you ever been stopped by police during these 2 years? I mean like driving ticket or something. So if you were subject for removal, they would be an arrest warrant in your name.
Either way i think you could apply but make sure by asking a lawyer as its an important step.
They have my address and everything. I was never stopped by police. Never came in contact with police. Also never received a letter . I volunteered for children charity and they background check me. It came clear , as they told me, and I worked for charity as volunteer

ghonghadze

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
you can apply for refugee status my friend. I have seen people who came from US illegally to Canada then they stole clothes in shop and he was arrested and he claimed refugee status in the Jail and his case has actually been accepted and he is protected person now.

ghonghadze

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
another case the guy was in Canada on a visitor visa, the visa expired and he stayed and applied for Refugee status and his case also has been accepted and he is also protected person in Canada. these cases happened just now several months ago so you have a chance to apply but you have to have a good story why you can not return to your county and why you did not apply for Refugee status before.

seeking light

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
I just want to make sure if I am eligible to apply. Getting accepted is different matter. I am confused if my overstay will become hurdle

artin2015

Oct 4, 2015
Toronto
App. Filed.......
23 aug 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 24 2015
LANDED..........
12-12-2017
you can claim if you are

race religion
political opinion
nationality
or
membership in a particular social group, such as women or people of a particular sexual orientation

seeking light

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
I have talked with three well known lawyers in Toronto regarding my case. One of them told me to apply for refugee even without listening my story ,hardships and reasons. Other two listened to me fully and than questioned me on different aspects. Than say that it's strong and will be accepted and they be happy to take my case. But They never criticaly analyzed it. So that to inform me of any discrepancies. I am confused. Sometimes I think of go to my girlfriends country Argentina. Is this the norm of refugee cases that lawyers just do it without understanding the acceptance prospects of it.

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
seeking light said:
I have talked with three well known lawyers in Toronto regarding my case. One of them told me to apply for refugee even without listening my story ,hardships and reasons. Other two listened to me fully and than questioned me on different aspects. Than say that it's strong and will be accepted and they be happy to take my case. But They never criticaly analyzed it. So that to inform me of any discrepancies. I am confused. Sometimes I think of go to my girlfriends country Argentina. Is this the norm of refugee cases that lawyers just do it without understanding the acceptance prospects of it.
Hi,

Most lawyers are going after your money, I have seen 5 different lawyers before selecting the right one. You need someone who passionate, someone who will cares about your case. They will all tell you apply for this and that, at the end when things don’t work-out well too bad!
Lawyers are only to guide you through the proper way to get out of situation not to approve it. However, they know the system in and out; so they can find a way around your case.

I will say go seek another advice, spend the $200 consultation fee but you will rest sure at the end. Make sure you get clear answer on which route he/she will processed and if they already have similar cases. Read their profile online, or check on the LAW Society of Upper Canada to find if they really who they are. And ask what your chances are; he/she can’t lie if they know the results.

Good luck