+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for PR in Quebec without French! Possible?

vness

Apr 18, 2016
I have a family member currently in Quebec on a work permit as a skilled worker, his initial WP was for 2 years and it was just extended another 2. The company he works for will and has offered him a full time position - but problem is he cant seem to learn french! Anyway around this? Lawyer say's no - but wondering if any of you have first hand experience!

Also on the LMIA the "plan" to not reply on foreign workers was stated that company wold assist him to learn french and offer him a full time position and assist in his PR application.

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a family member currently in Quebec on a work permit as a skilled worker, his initial WP was for 2 years and it was just extended another 2. The company he works for will and has offered him a full time position - but problem is he cant seem to learn french! Anyway around this? Lawyer say's no - but wondering if any of you have first hand experience!

Also on the LMIA the "plan" to not reply on foreign workers was stated that company wold assist him to learn french and offer him a full time position and assist in his PR application.
Ofcourse yes ... but you might be struggling to score points against those who has French in the new Arrima system as you know the French will always have priority

Reactions: vness

vness

Apr 18, 2016
Thank you!! I will look up the process and see how the points will add up without the french!

Reactions: Am11

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017

With the new CAQ governments push towards French abilities and Quebec values (which is not yet clear), chances of getting csq without French are very slim.

Good luck

Reactions: vness

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you!! I will look up the process and see how the points will add up without the french!
Good luck ... try to find out as early as possible.. as you know time flies .... especially when you are applying from Quebec

vness

Apr 18, 2016
Good luck ... try to find out as early as possible.. as you know time flies .... especially when you are applying from Quebec
Thanks will do for sure! His family (kids) have all settled well here and speak french and go to french school...we have encouraged him to push harder to learn but its not easy - work place and friends are all English!

Hopefully he will be able to get another positive LMIA and renew the WP for another couple of years and learn french!

megalomax

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Philippines
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
7/07/2012
Doc's Request.
21/07/2014
AOR Received.
23/03/2018
Med's Request
16/07/2018
Med's Done....
14/08/2018
Oh my... I'm on the federal stage now. Medicals passed last August 2018. No reply yet so I'm wondering if they're seeing that I haven't started french classes... I was hoping to get classes in Quebec because of the setting and I heard there are free classes.

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh my... I'm on the federal stage now. Medicals passed last August 2018. No reply yet so I'm wondering if they're seeing that I haven't started french classes... I was hoping to get classes in Quebec because of the setting and I heard there are free classes.
You are good to go as you are already on federal stage and on the top of that you're one of the luckiest ones..

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Thanks will do for sure! His family (kids) have all settled well here and speak french and go to french school...we have encouraged him to push harder to learn but its not easy - work place and friends are all English!

Hopefully he will be able to get another positive LMIA and renew the WP for another couple of years and learn french!
Yes better for him and his family. The present government is against non-european/African immigrants. The previous government started targeting Asians and Middle Eastern immigrants which has been carried forward by this government also. If you are from European or African or even South American heritage chances are that they may somehow pass through the sieve. French interviewers at MIDI are particularly lenient towards these races. Sorry for blurting the truth here. Not many will like it

Reactions: cherti

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Yes better for him and his family. The present government is against non-european/African immigrants. The previous government started targeting Asians and Middle Eastern immigrants which has been carried forward by this government also. If you are from European or African or even South American heritage chances are that they may somehow pass through the sieve. French interviewers at MIDI are particularly lenient towards these races. Sorry for blurting the truth here. Not many will like it
Yes you right, from my analysis, I have seen systemic discrimination by Immigration Department of Quebec ( MIDI ) against African & Asian applicants. CAQ's leader has openly made his remarks that he needs only Europeans in his recent visit to France.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-immigration-legault-paris-1.4987843

Reactions: Immstu