+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for PR for dependents who are in India while Primary applicant is in Canada

vishnumacha

Sep 7, 2020
Hello all,

I am in Canada on WP and would like to apply for PR where as my spouse and kid are in India. Can I apply PR for them as well. If so where they have to do medicals and biometrics.

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If your wife is "accompanying" and you are including her to add to your CRS points, she needs language tests and ECAs. The medicals and biometrics aren't done until you get an ITA.

vishnumacha

Sep 7, 2020
If your wife is "accompanying" and you are including her to add to your CRS points, she needs language tests and ECAs. The medicals and biometrics aren't done until you get an ITA.
Thanks! but I am not including her to add to CRS points.. but only thing is that she is India..and I am in Canada applying for PR.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks! but I am not including her to add to CRS points.. but only thing is that she is India..and I am in Canada applying for PR.
Then you are good to go. When you get ITA, then your family will need to do medicals and biometrics. When you get PR, you can apply for spousal/family sponorship. That takes about a year after PR.

vishnumacha

Sep 7, 2020
Then you are good to go. When you get ITA, then your family will need to do medicals and biometrics. When you get PR, you can apply for spousal/family sponorship. That takes about a year after PR.
Thank you. I think my reply was a little bit confusing. So here is my situation.. I am working in Canada and applying for PR for myself and my wife and Kid who are in India..

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you. I think my reply was a little bit confusing. So here is my situation.. I am working in Canada and applying for PR for myself and my wife and Kid who are in India..
You can apply and your wife (and kids) are unaccompanying as her points are not being counted. When you get PR, you can apply for family and spousal sponsorshiP.

vishnumacha

Sep 7, 2020
You can apply and your wife (and kids) are unaccompanying as her points are not being counted. When you get PR, you can apply for family and spousal sponsorshiP.
so even though they are not accompanying me.. I can apply PR for them as well along with my application rt?and they can do medicals and biometrics in india?