+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for PR and my son has Mild autism

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
ok. Thanks for the info. Any idea how do they calculate the expenses??
If for autism they will look at the cost needed for any treatment covered by provincial health care. The psychological assessment usually outlines the treatment plan and recommendation In Canada, any psychological assessments, speech and language therapies are paid out of pocket or by private insurance. So they are looking at costs of therapies like ABA. If needed for severe cases of those on the spectrum, it can cost $70-80k per year.

Reactions: Niki_S

Niki_S

Aug 31, 2020
If for autism they will look at the cost needed for any treatment covered by provincial health care. The psychological assessment usually outlines the treatment plan and recommendation In Canada, any psychological assessments, speech and language therapies are paid out of pocket or by private insurance. So they are looking at costs of therapies like ABA. If needed for severe cases of those on the spectrum, it can cost $70-80k per year.
my son has recently been diagnosed with Autism in Canada, he receives speech therapy at school, and has a student assistant in school - but the student assistant is assigned for his class, not specifically to him. no other therapy - we are waiting for Jasper. I am doing ABA therapy training so I can work with him. would all these impact our PR application?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
my son has recently been diagnosed with Autism in Canada, he receives speech therapy at school, and has a student assistant in school - but the student assistant is assigned for his class, not specifically to him. no other therapy - we are waiting for Jasper. I am doing ABA therapy training so I can work with him. would all these impact our PR application?
Honestly I don’t know.

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
any update on the status of application for those with dependent with mild autism?
Our medical is now in review.
I’ll let everyone know as soon as I have any update

Reactions: Niki_S

Avleen sahota

Mar 6, 2020
Hi
Can you please tell About you AOR and stream under you have applied?
My case is just like you guys. AOR November 8th 2019 - Federal skilled trade program, not any updates yet

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi
Can you please tell About you AOR and stream under you have applied?
My case is just like you guys. AOR November 8th 2019 - Federal skilled trade program, not any updates yet
I'm July 22 AOR, 2019
BC-PNP Paper based.
We did upfront medicals on June 9, 2020 but no one reviewed our medicals.
On October 21, 2020 we got medical request, I called IRCC and send a web form that we did upfront medicals.
Still waiting for update.

Avleen sahota

Mar 6, 2020
I'm July 22 AOR, 2019
BC-PNP Paper based.
We did upfront medicals on June 9, 2020 but no one reviewed our medicals.
On October 21, 2020 we got medical request, I called IRCC and send a web form that we did upfront medicals.
Still waiting for update.
Thanks for the reply
Why did they ask for re medical because of your medical expired or something else
As we have applied online. Medical is expired in January. No updates in account profile
When I call IRCC, the auto system message says the same thing for the last 8 months; we r reviewing you medical examination. We don’t need any additional documents... blaa blaaa
Whenever I talk to IRCC agents they provide different information regarding application
Now waiting for gcms notes that I applied on 24 th September
So frustrating.. but can’t do anything, just wait wait wait

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Thanks for the reply
Why did they ask for re medical because of your medical expired or something else
As we have applied online. Medical is expired in January. No updates in account profile
When I call IRCC, the auto system message says the same thing for the last 8 months; we r reviewing you medical examination. We don’t need any additional documents... blaa blaaa
Whenever I talk to IRCC agents they provide different information regarding application
Now waiting for gcms notes that I applied on 24 th September
So frustrating.. but can’t do anything, just wait wait wait
Not expired, No agent reviewed our medicals... So now we are waiting for an officer to look at our medicals.
Agent said it may be a glitch in the system but who knows...

jels

Oct 27, 2020
thank you very much, just got ITA for SINP and in the process of complying to all forms and documents. I’m just a bit concerned with the medical if we are fortunate enough to get an invitation after application. will appreciate your update and hoping for good news for you. thanks again!

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
just wondering if you declared this on your application?
Yes we did provide more documents to the clinic from our pediatrician

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
okay, i also declared it on the forms. thank you very much for this and goodluck again!
Thank you !
I hope an answer will come soon so I will feel proud to say to other families that no need to worry about a child with autism.
I just hope that one day people will find this info useful and will save the pain and nerves like I have in this process.
It is very difficult that there is no information about it.

jels

Oct 27, 2020
Thank you !
I hope an answer will come soon so I will feel proud to say to other families that no need to worry about a child with autism.
I just hope that one day people will find this info useful and will save the pain and nerves like I have in this process.
It is very difficult that there is no information about it.
i’m also praying for your family, that you’ll receive good news soon. this will give us hope for our case, although prior to deciding to pursue applying for canada i’ve read about the changes in its medical inadmissibility policy last 2018 that’s why we started the process of applying, and i have seen forum of an applicant who was at last given PR with the same case as ours after the changes but can’t find the thread. anyway hoping that this will also be the case for us all who are in the same situation.

Reactions: eithan203