+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for PR and my son has Mild autism

Cristian_B

May 10, 2021
How exactly you don't have a chance? If it's because of the autism you are wrong.
Your little one will not be refused.
If you are eligible and pass the express entry so why not? go for it.
You know, seeing how hard it is for you to get an answer while being there, I thought for me would be impossible.
Thanks a lot for your reply!

Reactions: eithan203

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
You know, seeing how hard it is for you to get an answer while being there, I thought for me would be impossible.
Thanks a lot for your reply!
No one will refuse your application, You will just wait until a long time since they will transfer your child medical to a medical unit because of a discrimination by the IRCC officer..
Just prepare yourself to wait a long time and you are lucky since you are not here and will not struggle so much from uncertainty since you are in your home country and no one can "kick" you out.

asdkid

Feb 2, 2021
Nothing to worry about but they will ask a pediatrician to examine his case or the diagnosis of the child's autism.
Only thing that to worry about, It may take time until they pass your medical exam..
As far as I see and it's only my opinion, dependents with ASD takes 6-12 month to approve their medical.
Hi Eithan,

Thanks for your reply. Today we have received medical pass for my whole family including my 3.5yrs old autistic son. I think we are truly lucky to get medicals passed within such short time and I sincerely wish everyone in this thread like you could also receive medical pass update very soon.

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi Eithan,

Thanks for your reply. Today we have received medical pass for my whole family including my 3.5yrs old autistic son. I think we are truly lucky to get medicals passed within such short time and I sincerely wish everyone in this thread like you could also receive medical pass update very soon.
Congrats!
You got COPR in the past so maybe they won't delay you... and did you declare on new medicals that he have ASD ?

smm_0411

Mar 5, 2016
AB
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi Eithan,

Congrats!
What is your timeline and pathway?

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Got my GCMS notes today and noticed some new things since last GCMS:
Changed from: Meds pending to: Ready for PS
Second page have S21 on the upper right corner.
Some new blank pages with saying "History" which are blank and have above it S.12(1)
Any advice ?

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Got DM today
BC-PNP Inland Paper-Based PR Application
AR - 20 June 2019
AOR - 22 July 2019
PR fees - Upfront
Biometrics - Exempt
Police certificate upload - 31 July 2019
New Passport upload - 31 July 2019
PAL - 16 December 2019
Eligibility - Passed 13 December 2019
Criminality - Passed 13 December 2019
Info Sharing - Complete
Upfront Medicals - 09 June 2020
MR - 21 October 2020
Dependent new passport upload - November 4 2020
Medicals in review status - November 5 2020
Medicals passed - November 5 2020 (Except oldest dependent which was transferred to CMAU for further review)
Medical pass for dependent - May 19 2021
DM - May 20 2021

Sunny mama

Jun 2, 2021
Category........
Other
Got DM today
BC-PNP Inland Paper-Based PR Application
AR - 20 June 2019
AOR - 22 July 2019
PR fees - Upfront
Biometrics - Exempt
Police certificate upload - 31 July 2019
New Passport upload - 31 July 2019
PAL - 16 December 2019
Eligibility - Passed 13 December 2019
Criminality - Passed 13 December 2019
Info Sharing - Complete
Upfront Medicals - 09 June 2020
MR - 21 October 2020
Dependent new passport upload - November 4 2020
Medicals in review status - November 5 2020
Medicals passed - November 5 2020 (Except oldest dependent which was transferred to CMAU for further review)
Medical pass for dependent - May 19 2021
DM - May 20 2021

Hello, I'm a newcomer to the forum. I'm very happy to see your family pass.I'm similar to your experience. My son is three years old. Because of the slow language development, pediatricians say he is suspected of autism. At present, there is no confirmed diagnosis. This pediatric report is attached to my son's immigration medical examination.I submitted my medical report on May 18,January, and contacted IRCC on June 1, 2021 to learn that my son's medical examination had been transferred to CMAU in Ottawa, which made me very worried. My husband and I were very depressed. Do you know how long it will take for the CMAU trial? Will my son be rejected?

Sunny mama

Jun 2, 2021
Category........
Other
The son's medical examination report was transferred to Ottawa CMAU. Does anyone know what I have to do next to help my son through the medical examination dilemma? I'm helpless.

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello, I'm a newcomer to the forum. I'm very happy to see your family pass.I'm similar to your experience. My son is three years old. Because of the slow language development, pediatricians say he is suspected of autism. At present, there is no confirmed diagnosis. This pediatric report is attached to my son's immigration medical examination.I submitted my medical report on May 18,January, and contacted IRCC on June 1, 2021 to learn that my son's medical examination had been transferred to CMAU in Ottawa, which made me very worried. My husband and I were very depressed. Do you know how long it will take for the CMAU trial? Will my son be rejected?
Your application will not be refused but it might take some time.
I hope that now they will regulate the policy it will be faster, It's just a matter of waiting.

Sunny mama

Jun 2, 2021
Category........
Other
Your application will not be refused but it might take some time.
I hope that now they will regulate the policy it will be faster, It's just a matter of waiting.

Thank you for your reply. Your success gave me a great encouragement. I hope my son can pass smoothly. Since my son hasn't diagnosed autism yet, it is not clear whether he is mild or serious. At present, his mental state is optimistic, but his language is slow to develop, and I didn't expect to transfer to CMAU. My husband and I have passed the medical examination, leaving my son.

jawad87

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
Hi Eithan,

Congrats!

So did you disclose your child's ASD in the latest Medical?

jels

Oct 27, 2020
Any Outland applicant here?
outland applicant here! we did our medical this march 2021, but upto now no update on the medical status. but it is expected due to the delays caused by the pandemic, and based on the experiences of others here in the forum.