+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for my mother

Zainab Saleem

Jul 26, 2019
Hi,
I am a PR holder and my husband is a canadian citizen. I moved to canada in December. I wanted to apply for my mother’s TRV as im expecting a baby and i would need help as me and my husband are living here alone. I am due in November so i was thinking to apply sometime around end of August. We are living in a mortgage free house.
We have collected the following documents:
1. My doctor’s note
2. My husband’s T4 and T1
3. Invitation letter notarised
4. Bank statements of me and my husband
5. Mobile phone bills
6. My husband’s job letter. He's currently earning 25k.

And my mother has collected the following documents:
1. Her bank statement with around CAD 8.5k
2. Our family registration tree which states that i am her daughter
3. Her property documents translated in english

I have two brothers 22 and 18 years respectively and i am not applying for my dad so she has ties back home.
What else do you think i should add and what chances of approval do you think she has?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I am a PR holder and my husband is a canadian citizen. I moved to canada in December. I wanted to apply for my mother’s TRV as im expecting a baby and i would need help as me and my husband are living here alone. I am due in November so i was thinking to apply sometime around end of August. We are living in a mortgage free house.
1. My doctor’s note
5. Mobile phone bills

I have two brothers 22 and 18 years respectively and i am not applying for my dad so she has ties back home.
What else do you think i should add and what chances of approval do you think she has?
Does your mother work? If so, she should show proof of employment.

Don't include your mobile phone bills- this information is useless. I would not include the doctor's note - this may increase the chances of refusal and make IRCC concerned she has plans to stay here a long time and help to take care of your baby (which is classified as working illegally). Your husband makes very little money - this isn't enough to support three people - nevermind a visitor. This may be a concern for IRCC. If your father has any savings he can show to support your mother's trip, I would include this information as well.

She should request a short trip (2-3 weeks) unless she has past travel to countries requiring visas such as the US or UK.

Zainab Saleem

Jul 26, 2019
No my mother is a housewife.

We mentioned in the invitation letter that she has sufficient funds to support her short trip to canada.

She has property on her name we her attaching those documents as well.

Planning to mention a short trip. She has no travel history.
What do you think we should add to make the application stronger and when is the right time to apply?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No my mother is a housewife.

We mentioned in the invitation letter that she has sufficient funds to support her short trip to canada.

She has property on her name we her attaching those documents as well.

Planning to mention a short trip. She has no travel history.
What do you think we should add to make the application stronger and when is the right time to apply?
There is no right or wrong time to apply. She can apply any time.

Her bank statement balance is quite low. As I recommended before, you should include your father's bank statement as well and include a letter from him stating that he will also be supporting her trip.

Zainab Saleem

Jul 26, 2019
My father does not have a proper bank acount due to the landlord system in Pakistan. Do you think a letter from my father without his bank statement would be of any use ?
I am so confused what to and not to do☹

Zainab Saleem

Jul 26, 2019
I also wanted to know that i am sending a notarised invitation letter. Should i mention her intended duration of stay in my letter or she should write a separate letter stating her intended letter of stay? Also my father has a heart condition and needs care, do you a think a doctor’s note stating that he needs care would be a good tie back home?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Don’t waste your money on a notarized letter. It doesn’t give your application any value. Your father’s heart condition doesn’t create a lot of ties if she is saying she can leave for 2-3 weeks. Do you and your husband own the home? If not the mortgage free home doesn’t help. Getting a TRV may be challenging in your situation.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi,
1. My doctor’s note
5. Mobile phone bills

Hi, I am not much active but still thought to give my advise, as your case is genuine but supporting documents are not as strong as they should be. However, there is always an exception allowed to Immigration officer that may help you.

Firstly, every immigration has to check 4 things to determine financial resources available to applicant:

1. Funds for the applicant or spouse (accompanying or non-accompanying).
2. Letter or Employment for the applicant or spouse or Letter of Income if the income is received from any source other than employment. This can include rents, pensions, capital gains etc.
3. Letter of Sponsorship from the hosts (if applicable): This should be supported by Letter of Employment, latest Tax Returns (Notice of Assessment), Payslips, Bank Statements.
4. Size of the Family for Hosts. This will be determined and compared to the IRCC Proof of Funds charts.

Using this model the officer will determine your financial resources. A proper Letter of Sponsorship from your home country or Canadian host will do the work for you. However, one question that will determine the visa approval or refusal will be why you require assistance from your Mother and not your Mother-in-Law. If Mother in Law won't support you during birth then why she will support your Mother with stay, and if she will then why you need your mother. This is the most common note from the immigration officer that I have seen in these cases.

You have to focus on this point for a successful application. You have to take a Letter of Sponsor from your Husband + Mother in Law (For stay at her home) and Letter of Explanation why your Mother has to be here for your birth. If you can achieve this then your mother will definitely be getting Visa.

I hope your Mother can get the Visa and be with you at this precious moment.

Cheers!

Zainab Saleem

Jul 26, 2019
Thankyou so much for your reply. My mother in law is here in canada right now but she has to go back to pakistan to take care of my ailing father in law. That is why she can not stay here for my delivery for that long. She came here a month ago for my help but she has to go back in october. Can you further guide me how to proceed with my application and what else to mention in the sponsor letter from my mother in law and husband.
Thanks in advance

Mohana4MomSV

Jul 28, 2019
Hi, I am not much active but still thought to give my advise, as your case is genuine but supporting documents are not as strong as they should be. However, there is always an exception allowed to Immigration officer that may help you.

Firstly, every immigration has to check 4 things to determine financial resources available to applicant:

1. Funds for the applicant or spouse (accompanying or non-accompanying).
2. Letter or Employment for the applicant or spouse or Letter of Income if the income is received from any source other than employment. This can include rents, pensions, capital gains etc.
3. Letter of Sponsorship from the hosts (if applicable): This should be supported by Letter of Employment, latest Tax Returns (Notice of Assessment), Payslips, Bank Statements.
4. Size of the Family for Hosts. This will be determined and compared to the IRCC Proof of Funds charts.

Using this model the officer will determine your financial resources. A proper Letter of Sponsorship from your home country or Canadian host will do the work for you. However, one question that will determine the visa approval or refusal will be why you require assistance from your Mother and not your Mother-in-Law. If Mother in Law won't support you during birth then why she will support your Mother with stay, and if she will then why you need your mother. This is the most common note from the immigration officer that I have seen in these cases.

You have to focus on this point for a successful application. You have to take a Letter of Sponsor from your Husband + Mother in Law (For stay at her home) and Letter of Explanation why your Mother has to be here for your birth. If you can achieve this then your mother will definitely be getting Visa.

I hope your Mother can get the Visa and be with you at this precious moment.

Cheers!

Hey Bill, I would like to apply for my mom's super visa while she already has a visit visa.

Can my invitation letter state the below:
"I and my husband would like to invite my mother, <Mothers Name> to visit us in Canada to help and support us mentally and physically with my first pregnancy and through the subsequent parental care. "

And my mom's purpose of visit state the below?
"I would like to visit my daughter and my son-in-law to help them during my daughter’s pregnancy and through their new born baby care phase"

My mom has visit visa but she never visited me though on visit visa so far! & Im now trying to process super visa for my mom! So I am afraid if I mention the purpose simply as family visit, the IRCC might consider that my mom does already have a visit visa for the purpose of family visit! I just want the reason to be strong for super visa application! Could you please advise me if the above sounds good or suggest me how else I may phrase the purpose of visit statements strongly!

Also, if I apply for her super visa online, can my mom still visit me while her super visa application is under process? please advise!

Thanks a lot for your kind inputs!

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Thankyou so much for your reply. My mother in law is here in canada right now but she has to go back to pakistan to take care of my ailing father in law. That is why she can not stay here for my delivery for that long. She came here a month ago for my help but she has to go back in october. Can you further guide me how to proceed with my application and what else to mention in the sponsor letter from my mother in law and husband.
Thanks in advance
You should include this point and make it a basis for your mother arrival (but may have to include your Mother-in-Law flight ticket to Pakistan - Not Mandatory). In this case, focus the 4 financial points and justify the support your mother will receive. Letter from Mother-in-Law to cover the Accommodation part while rest will be covered by your Mom. You can then get Letter of Support from anyone from Pakistan who can state that they will be financing her during this trip.

You and your husband can only be the reason but not primary Sponsor as your Income level is not Met.

I am hopeful that well designed Letters and supporting documents will do the work for you. It should give a sense that you have the knowledge of IRCC and that you are asking for exception without mentioning it.

Thanks

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hey Bill, I would like to apply for my mom's super visa while she already has a visit visa.

Can my invitation letter state the below:
"I and my husband would like to invite my mother, <Mothers Name> to visit us in Canada to help and support us mentally and physically with my first pregnancy and through the subsequent parental care. "

And my mom's purpose of visit state the below?
"I would like to visit my daughter and my son-in-law to help them during my daughter’s pregnancy and through their new born baby care phase"

My mom has visit visa but she never visited me though on visit visa so far! & Im now trying to process super visa for my mom! So I am afraid if I mention the purpose simply as family visit, the IRCC might consider that my mom does already have a visit visa for the purpose of family visit! I just want the reason to be strong for super visa application! Could you please advise me if the above sounds good or suggest me how else I may phrase the purpose of visit statements strongly!

Also, if I apply for her super visa online, can my mom still visit me while her super visa application is under process? please advise!

Thanks a lot for your kind inputs!
To be honest I don't suggest this. She can come to you and if needs to stay more, then apply for extension from Canada. This is much better option. Once she has visited 2 or 3 times or availed first extension then you can apply for Super-Visa. You will need a strong financial statements and Letter of Income for that. So, better option is to come at Visa already issued and then apply for extension.