+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for jobs post COPR FROM INDIA

ivoyager

Dec 6, 2018
Hello,

Two questions

1) I got my CoPR last year and I am planning on landing by Aug/Sep. I have started to prepare job applications while I am currently in India and I wanted to know if there is any way to get a reliable Canadian phone number (virtual number, VoIP, etc) that I can use for the applications.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions. I have tried Fongo/Textnow and various suggestions and they have all stopped services in India.

2) How do I apply reliably for jobs? Is it just linkedin? I am an Implementation Manager/Product Manager/Business Analyst.

I am currently jobless in India because I quit mine in Dec to relocate in March but borders were closed. I am helpless and desperate since it's been six months of unemployment.

Any help welcome.

Thanks

indpnv

Mar 16, 2018
United States
Not sure about 1

But for 2 I had luck with LinkedIn when I did a content search and directly messaged the job poster, at least here in the US.

Just out of curiosity, why quit your India job before an offer in hand?

ivoyager

Dec 6, 2018
To relocate to Canada? I had to serve notice period and as soon as I finished, I had two months to relocate and Covid hit.

Last edited:

ivoyager

Dec 6, 2018
Ok now that it's already done, is there a point to these questions and back and forth?

If I didn't make it clear already, I quit in DEC and wanted to be in Canada by March. It's now June. Borders were closed right before I was about to leave. Hence my original post.