+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Inside Spousal Sponsorship while on Working Holiday

gadolleo

Apr 28, 2021
Hi, I'm currently in Canada (entered Canada as a visitor on Dec, 2020) and I got married with Canadian husband on April, 2021.
I was collecting the documents for Inside Spousal Sponsorship since my working holiday letter expired on June, 2021.
However, today, I received a new working holiday letter with extended expiration date (Till Aug, 2022).
So I'm now thinking of obtaining working holiday work permit first and then apply for PR during the working holiday period.

So my question is, can I apply for PR anytime during working holiday? Or is it even possible to apply for PR during working holiday?

Any comment would help. Thanks!

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
Just to clarify? You say you entered as a visitor and you’re on a working holiday visa?

Do you mean you entered the country on a temporary working holiday visa? Like an IEC visa?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi, I'm currently in Canada (entered Canada as a visitor on Dec, 2020) and I got married with Canadian husband on April, 2021.
I was collecting the documents for Inside Spousal Sponsorship since my working holiday letter expired on June, 2021.
However, today, I received a new working holiday letter with extended expiration date (Till Aug, 2022).
So I'm now thinking of obtaining working holiday work permit first and then apply for PR during the working holiday period.

So my question is, can I apply for PR anytime during working holiday? Or is it even possible to apply for PR during working holiday?
There's no problem with applying for PR spousal during your other visa.

I don't know anytnig about the working holiday extension - don't think there should be any reason to wait until you obtain the new/extended work permit first, but don't know.

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
There's no problem with applying for PR spousal during your other visa.

I don't know anytnig about the working holiday extension - don't think there should be any reason to wait until you obtain the new/extended work permit first, but don't know.
That's where I was a tad confused. To my knowledge I didn’t think working holiday visas could be extended and I didn’t think they were processing any during Covid. (My info on that may be out of date though)

gadolleo

Apr 28, 2021
Just to clarify? You say you entered as a visitor and you’re on a working holiday visa?

Do you mean you entered the country on a temporary working holiday visa? Like an IEC visa?
Hi, I just got an extension for the approval letter (called Port of Entry Letter). So in order to obtain the actual work permit, I have to show the letter at the port of entry. However, since I'm currently in Canada, I'd either have to go to the Canada-U.S. border or apply online to receive the actual permit

Sorry if I caused any confusion as English is not my first language haha

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I just got an extension for the approval letter (called Port of Entry Letter). So in order to obtain the actual work permit, I have to show the letter at the port of entry. However, since I'm currently in Canada, I'd either have to go to the Canada-U.S. border or apply online to receive the actual permit

Sorry if I caused any confusion as English is not my first language haha
Did you apply to change your status to visitor before your IEC expired?

davidoqc

Jun 2, 2021
Category........
FAM

Any comment would help. Thanks!
You can apply for PR during your IEC permit, I'm currently in the process of it