+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Express Entry from Quebec***

psbb

May 26, 2019
Hi!
We are in exactly the same boat as you at the moment. It is definitely possible, the trick is proving that you intend to leave Quebec. The most recommended way to do this is to either have family or a job offer outside of Quebec. You will need to submit a letter of intent to leave Quebec with your EE profile. The fact that your work permit is expiring soon will definitely count in your favour.

If you are like us, however, and don't have either of these things, it is where things get tricky. We have tried to show it by proving we are looking for jobs outside of Quebec but unfortunately we don't know if this will actually work.

Has anyone out there had any success with proving intent to leave Quebec without a job offer or family elsewhere in Canada?

Hi
I am in a similar situation now. Do you mind sharing what happend to your case eventually? I got my Master's from Ontario and worked there for a while. I am studying PhD in Quebec now and am thinking of quitting the program and going back to Ontario if I cannot get the PR while I am studying in Quebec.

psbb

May 26, 2019
I am in the same boat. I have my brother living in BC. can I show it as an intent to leave Quebec? Please can somebody answer soon i am running out of time. Thanks a lot.
Hi Rina,

Could you get your PR when you were still residing in Quebec?

2AB

Jun 26, 2019
Hi guys,
Any updates about your EE application from Quebec please? Thanks in advance for your answers.

schi0301

Jul 23, 2019
Hi All,

I am resident of Ontario, working remotely for Quebec company. I did filed my taxes from Ontario.

The reference letter that I got from my employer has company address(Quebec). Will there any be any hurdles for me after submitting documents.
Do I need to provide any additional documentation to show intent that I don't move to Quebec after getting PR in future?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Hi

I'd like to know the result?
Did you get the Pr even you work for Quebec company?
Thank you!!!

Nov 7, 2019
Hi
I am in a similar situation now. Do you mind sharing what happend to your case eventually? I got my Master's from Ontario and worked there for a while. I am studying PhD in Quebec now and am thinking of quitting the program and going back to Ontario if I cannot get the PR while I am studying in Quebec.
Hello,
Any news about your case ?
Thank you!

RDumlao0318

Dec 11, 2019
Guys, I am just new here in Quebec. I am currently holding Work Permit for an specified employer for 2 years and 8 months duration. I am planning to take a CELPIP exam by January.
I am also planning to create my express entry profile right after I pass the CELPIP exam. Reading some of the threads in this topic, I learned that it is really difficult to apply for PR when you are in Quebec as I may need to go a different application.

I hope you could give me some advise on how I may be able to speed up my application for PR.

Last edited:

alexand3r

Jan 17, 2020
Hey there !

I'm more or less in the same situation as the rest of us in that thread.

- Arrived on WHV in Vancouver (Whistler) and stayed there 6 months working (no skilled job)
- Travalled 2 months Canada / US (not working then)
- Then moved to Montreal and got a skilled job there
- Finally asked for the PEQ and got it with my work permit linked to my employer yesterday, it's now been 18 months that I live in Montreal.

My girlfriend and I want to move to British Columbia and I wonder if I will be able to apply for PR CEC and prove my intention to move to BC as I live in Montreal, work in Montreal. But I lived in BC, and worked there (for a short period of time compare to my full time living in Canada) so I would join a letter proving my intentions as well.
But other than that I don't see a lot of things that could prove those intentions ?

So I my chances are super low to get the PR through CEC ? Should I leave my job and come back to my home country and apply from there ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

alex

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Guys, I am just new here in Quebec. I am currently holding Work Permit for an specified employer for 2 years and 8 months duration. I am planning to take a CELPIP exam by January.
I am also planning to create my express entry profile right after I pass the CELPIP exam. Reading some of the threads in this topic, I learned that it is really difficult to apply for PR when you are in Quebec as I may need to go a different application.

I hope you could give me some advise on how I may be able to speed up my application for PR.
Quebec residents are not eligible for federal immigration programs (like Express Entry - EE ) because Quebec has its own immigration program. You have to apply to Quebec for a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ).
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/quebec-skilled-workers.html

Alternatively, find another job in a different province, move there, and become eligible for EE.

fantazee

Sep 21, 2017
Hello, Everyone

We my husband(primary applicant, and I (dependent )had recently received a PFL from EE application to state intent to reside in province except Quebec

I have written a LOE for it
Could you please give your suggestions and comments on it

Dear Officer,

I, XXXXXXXX - Permanent residency application number: XXXXXXXXX write this letter to state my intent to reside in a province other than Quebec if I become a permanent resident of Canada.
Through my research, I am well aware that Quebec's official language is French, and the province is predominantly French speaking. Many companies prefer candidates that are fluent in French. However, I am not fluent in French. I believe this situation would hinder my social and professional opportunities.
Also, I believe, provinces of British Columbia, Ontario and Alberta have greater opportunities for engineers especially in the domain of Mechanical engineering. I am actively applying to many companies in provinces except Quebec, concentrating on provinces of Ontario and British Columbia. I have attached a copy of my job applications, which I have applied using the job search portal of LinkedIn.

I had always considered cities of Toronto, Vancouver, Ottawa as my options to settle and work, with Vancouver as my first option. I choose Vancouver for the weather and technical opportunities. I had received a phone interview with a company in Vancouver. I am attaching a copy of my conversation with the Chief Scientific Officer of the company.

Also, in future, I would like my children to pursue their education from English Speaking schools, where I could help them with studies. As the province of Quebec, have more schools where medium of instruction is French, or private English medium schools that are very expensive.
After I get my permanent residency, I would be staying at [ cousin address] with my spouse. My spouse's first cousin offered his space for boarding. I have attached a letter stating his intent.
I would like to add,that my spouse XXXXXXX, who will accompany me to Canada, would also like to state her intent to reside in any other province except Quebec. She had moved to Quebec for completing a master’s program in Electrical and Computer Engineering in Concordia University, Montreal in August 2014. After completion of the master’s program, she had received an Open Post Graduate Work Permit for three years expiring in October 2019. During this time, she applied for PEQ after being advised by her friends.
However, after investing approximately two years of the time, she was denied CSQ on the basis of inadequate French speaking abilities. I am attaching copy of the TEFAQ results that she had taken after the rejection of PEQ, where her score was less than required level. This left her discouraged and disappointed. She decided to discontinue her pursuit of a CSQ and move to USA after her marriage in Dec '18.
She is also actively looking for jobs through search portals, family and friends, etc. She has registered with job agency Aerotek from Brampton, Ontario location, who are helping her to get a job in Toronto or Vancouver. I have attached a copy of her job applications with this email.

For the reasons stated above, please consider my intent to reside in provinces except Quebec,
when I become a permanent resident.
Regards
Addendum:
  1. Copy of Job applications[ applicant]
  1. Email communication with Scientific officer of company in Vancouver
  1. Address – letter of intent for boarding
  1. My spouse Travel document to Canada to India, From India to USA
  1. TEFAQ results of my spouse
  1. Email communication with job agency Aerotek
  1. Email communication with friends and family for open job prospects
  1. Job applications

FoodGatherer

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
Hello, Everyone

We my husband(primary applicant, and I (dependent )had recently received a PFL from EE application to state intent to reside in province except Quebec

Dear Officer,

I, XXXXXXXX - Permanent residency application number: XXXXXXXXX write this letter to state my intent to reside in a province other than Quebec if I become a permanent resident of Canada.
Through my research, I am well aware that Quebec's official language is French, and the province is predominantly French speaking. Many companies prefer candidates that are fluent in French. However, I am not fluent in French. I believe this situation would hinder my social and professional opportunities.
Also, I believe, provinces of British Columbia, Ontario and Alberta have greater opportunities for engineers especially in the domain of Mechanical engineering. I am actively applying to many companies in provinces except Quebec, concentrating on provinces of Ontario and British Columbia. I have attached a copy of my job applications, which I have applied using the job search portal of LinkedIn.

I had always considered cities of Toronto, Vancouver, Ottawa as my options to settle and work, with Vancouver as my first option. I choose Vancouver for the weather and technical opportunities. I had received a phone interview with a company in Vancouver. I am attaching a copy of my conversation with the Chief Scientific Officer of the company.

Also, in future, I would like my children to pursue their education from English Speaking schools, where I could help them with studies. As the province of Quebec, have more schools where medium of instruction is French, or private English medium schools that are very expensive.
After I get my permanent residency, I would be staying at [ cousin address] with my spouse. My spouse's first cousin offered his space for boarding. I have attached a letter stating his intent.
I would like to add,that my spouse XXXXXXX, who will accompany me to Canada, would also like to state her intent to reside in any other province except Quebec. She had moved to Quebec for completing a master’s program in Electrical and Computer Engineering in Concordia University, Montreal in August 2014. After completion of the master’s program, she had received an Open Post Graduate Work Permit for three years expiring in October 2019. During this time, she applied for PEQ after being advised by her friends.
However, after investing approximately two years of the time, she was denied CSQ on the basis of inadequate French speaking abilities. I am attaching copy of the TEFAQ results that she had taken after the rejection of PEQ, where her score was less than required level. This left her discouraged and disappointed. She decided to discontinue her pursuit of a CSQ and move to USA after her marriage in Dec '18.
She is also actively looking for jobs through search portals, family and friends, etc. She has registered with job agency Aerotek from Brampton, Ontario location, who are helping her to get a job in Toronto or Vancouver. I have attached a copy of her job applications with this email.

For the reasons stated above, please consider my intent to reside in provinces except Quebec,
Regards
Addendum:
  2. Email communication with Scientific officer of company in Vancouver
  3. Address – letter of intent for boarding
  4. My spouse Travel document to Canada to India, From India to USA
  5. TEFAQ results of my spouse
  6. Email communication with job agency Aerotek
  7. Email communication with friends and family for open job prospects
  8. Job applications
When did you receive pfl? Last week?

CanadaVisa45

Feb 1, 2019
Hello, Everyone

Dear Officer,

Regards
Addendum:
  2. Email communication with Scientific officer of company in Vancouver
  3. Address – letter of intent for boarding
  4. My spouse Travel document to Canada to India, From India to USA
  5. TEFAQ results of my spouse
  6. Email communication with job agency Aerotek
  7. Email communication with friends and family for open job prospects
  8. Job applications

I am not an Expert, may be format each Individual Reason and evidence, rather by writing content in single format.

fantazee

Sep 21, 2017
I am not an Expert, may be format each Individual Reason and evidence, rather by writing content in single format.
Thank you, We did it in this format, since the letter was addressed to my husband. So was not sure, if I should also have another letter with explanation