+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Express Entry from Quebec***

Victor123

May 3, 2018
It depends on the visa officer examining your application. Some officer might ask proof that you are residing in Ontario and not in Quebec. Most probably you will be fine.
Thanks for the reply.

I did my taxes from Ontario and Notice of assessment has Ontario address.

In addition, I asked my HR to include the following in the reference letter,

"Mr ABC, is based of Ontario and remotely working for the organization and will continue to work remotely in future".

Will this help and in addition what IRCC might ask for to show proof of residence, please suggest. I will get ready to show case if they need.

Thanks.

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Thanks for the reply.

I did my taxes from Ontario and Notice of assessment has Ontario address.

In addition, I asked my HR to include the following in the reference letter,

"Mr ABC, is based of Ontario and remotely working for the organization and will continue to work remotely in future".

Will this help and in addition what IRCC might ask for to show proof of residence, please suggest. I will get ready to show case if they need.

Thanks.
Yepp, NOA, T4 and HR letter are solid proofs of your residency in Ontario. You will be fine.

bhavin24

Star Member
Jul 14, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
07-03-2019
Doc's Request.
17-04-2019
AOR Received.
16-06-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
It depends on your priorities. Do you want slow process + uncertainties + beauracracy OR fast + certainity + simple process. PEQ is an exception to this. I dont think you are applying under PEQ.

If you apply EE by residing in Quebec, you will have to provide proof of your intentions to move out because in your case you studied in Quebec and working too. This forum has many discussions regarding this and I am sure you can reach a decision by going through various discussion here.
Thanks Cherti, appreciate.

skye

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Hey- we are doing this too. My husband's job is in Quebec, but we are moving to Ontario and buying a house and he will commute to Quebec, for now. We were approved a CSQ, but we do not want to live in Quebec for any longer than necessary, and we really like Ontario. Good luck to others doing this as well!

HarrisZhou

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Hey- we are doing this too. My husband's job is in Quebec, but we are moving to Ontario and buying a house and he will commute to Quebec, for now. We were approved a CSQ, but we do not want to live in Quebec for any longer than necessary, and we really like Ontario. Good luck to others doing this as well!
I heared that after receiving the csq, it is really difficult to convince the VO because U have already showed the intention to live in Quebec. How will you prove your intention outside Quebec, will you move out from Quebec first?

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Commute to Québec ? Are you near the border ? After CSQ didn't you apply for QSW ?

You went thru French interview and all to get CSQ if I recall.
I have also decided not to stay in Québec anymore.

ft395

Jun 30, 2015
Commute to Québec ? Are you near the border ? After CSQ didn't you apply for QSW ?

You went thru French interview and all to get CSQ if I recall.
I have also decided not to stay in Québec anymore.
Same for me. I graduated from Quebec and worked there for 2 years. I experienced everything: the pending letter, interview postponed and the interview. I got the CSQ the day after I accepted a job offer in another province. Now I got PPR thru CEC. Probably I will never return to Quebec.

skye

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Yes we live very close to the border. We did go through all of that but then we got worried because we started planning life outside of Quebec and felt like waiting in Quebec just for PR and then leaving was not only holding us back, but was also dishonest, as we had no intention of staying in Quebec. At one point, my husband's company considered moving him to their Toronto office but that didn't work out. I wouldn't rule out Toronto in the future for us.

I'm honestly not sure this will work, but I would rather try from Ontario, then be unhappy in Quebec for another year or two.

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Yes we live very close to the border. We did go through all of that but then we got worried because we started planning life outside of Quebec and felt like waiting in Quebec just for PR and then leaving was not only holding us back, but was also dishonest, as we had no intention of staying in Quebec. At one point, my husband's company considered moving him to their Toronto office but that didn't work out. I wouldn't rule out Toronto in the future for us.

I'm honestly not sure this will work, but I would rather try from Ontario, then be unhappy in Quebec for another year or two.
You will have to write a convincing letter to the visa officer when you submit your documents after ITA. Your residence in Ontario, after you have moved can be used as one of the proofs in your letter.

In my GCMS notes, the officer has written like:

"Quebec residency concerns found, the applicant live & work in Quebec, but will move to Ontario after getting PR , Eligibility Review Required" .

So fingers crossed.

Reactions: Mihirakula and skye

Meen2828

Aug 13, 2018
Hi,
I have got my CSQ and filed my PR under QSWP. But now I am getting a lot of offers for my role from Toronto. In Montreal they are asking french for my role(Im in Project Management). SO I want to withdraw my PR application, return CSQ and apply Express Entry to move to Toronto.
Is this possible and Is this even a good idea or is it too risky to do at this point?
Thanks in Advance!!

Nik_007

Sep 6, 2018
In the same situation as you guys. Work permit expiring soon. Quebec MIDI has no intention of giving CSQ. They are holding applicants from March 2017. So won't get CSQ before my work permit expires. No relatives in Canada, no job offers because no one will hire candidates who have their work permits expiring soon. Its too much of a hassle for them.

Only way is to apply Express Entry and show intention to leave Quebec, else go back to home country and apply Express Entry from there.
Hello Cherti. Can you update on your status. I am in the same boat so may be you can share your experience about the process. Did you get the PR?

manik1203

Star Member
Feb 21, 2018
You will have to write a convincing letter to the visa officer when you submit your documents after ITA. Your residence in Ontario, after you have moved can be used as one of the proofs in your letter.

In my GCMS notes, the officer has written like:

"Quebec residency concerns found, the applicant live & work in Quebec, but will move to Ontario after getting PR , Eligibility Review Required" .

So fingers crossed.
Hey Cherti,

Have you got any update on your EE application.
my company is based out of Ontario and I am working in Quebec at Client office, so would it give me an edge if I apply for EE from Quebec