+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Express Entry after my studies in Canada

pankyy

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Hi everyone!

I’m currently a student of a post-secondary diploma in Toronto. My program ends this summer (in August). Upon computation of my points for Express Entry, I found that I’d get around 478 points after graduation. Hence, I’m thinking of applying for Express Entry in August (and still take the 1-yr PGWP after.)

My questions in this case are:
  • Is there a difference on the application process since I’m already here in Canada?
  • Proof of funds: I know that I need an LMIA but since I’ll get the PGWP, the employer is not obliged to provide LMIA. Thus, I need to provide proof of funds. If I get employed via PGWP, do I still need to provide bank cert/statements? My problem is that if I have to show my bank cert, it’ll be challenging to acquire these documents from the Philippines since me, the depositor, is not present to request for it.
  • Under education question, should I take two or more certificates? I have a four-year Bachelor’s Degree from the Phil. + post-secondary diploma here in Canada.
  • Foreign skilled work experience: I have been working since 2012 in the Phils. for various companies doing the same kind of work. Is that considered “one occupation”? Basically, I have 7 years in total experience.
  • For this statement, “I have a relative in Canada who is 18 years or older, a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, and is my parent, child, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, aunt, uncle, niece or nephew.”, I have my uncle and his family here in Canada so I should check right?
Other notes:
I already have my IELTS-GT, NBI clearance (last year), and other docs needed except an updated bank cert/statements.

Hoping for your assistance everyone, stay safe!