+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for EE while ex-huaband is in Canada

Blair77

Aug 14, 2013
Hi,

Need your views and help. Im a filipina with pending Annulment case in the phils. My ex-husband is in canada and was able to file divorce and already got married in Canada. He is already a PR in canada and they took and sponsor my daughter too to stay with them.
My question is, I am interested to apply for Express entry immigrant, will it affect my application given that I'm still legally married with him and I am still using his last name?
will this hinder me to enter canada?
I already have a common law here in the phils and planning to bring him with me if I can apply for EE.. Thanks in advance.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi,

Need your views and help. Im a filipina with pending Annulment case in the phils. My ex-husband is in canada and was able to file divorce and already got married in Canada. He is already a PR in canada and they took and sponsor my daughter too to stay with them.
My question is, I am interested to apply for Express entry immigrant, will it affect my application given that I'm still legally married with him and I am still using his last name?
I already have a common law here in the phils and planning to bring him with me if I can apply for EE.. Thanks in advance.
can you clarify one thing first so others can help you better? How is your husband remarried when you're still legally married to him? If he was able to file for a divorce in canada, you should be considered as a divorced person and have no link to your husband. Can you elaborate please as you can't be married to a person but that person is divorced from you.

clguy

Apr 7, 2017
If he got a divorce in Canada you are no longer married to him. Just ask him for a copy of the divorce papers.

Reactions: Blair77

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

Hi

As long as you fully explain the situation, you should have no problems. If you have the legal documents from the Canadian divorce, submit those with the app as well.

Reactions: Blair77

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
can you clarify one thing first so others can help you better? How is your husband remarried when you're still legally married to him? If he was able to file for a divorce in canada, you should be considered as a divorced person and have no link to your husband. Can you elaborate please as you can't be married to a person but that person is divorced from you.
Divorce is illegal in the Philippines, so OP's country still considers her married.

Blair77

Aug 14, 2013
Yes, he filed divorce in Canada and remarried in Canada. While the annulment i filed in the phils for our marriage is still pending. I want to apply for express entry but the last name im using in my passport is his last name.

Blair77

Aug 14, 2013
But if the divorce was in Canada she is legally recorded as per Canadian law. As long as she holds a divorce certificate from Canada she is good to go.
Thank You. I will asked for the divorce paper from him to support my application.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
But if the divorce was in Canada she is legally recorded as per Canadian law. As long as she holds a divorce certificate from Canada she is good to go.
Yes, exactly. The important part is its recognition under Canadian law.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Yes, he filed divorce in Canada and remarried in Canada. While the annulment i filed in the phils for our marriage is still pending. I want to apply for express entry but the last name im using in my passport is his last name.
the last name in passport isn't important. i still use my maiden name and have no intention of changing it, ever. doesn't make me less married. get the divorce papers like mentioned earlier and go ahead with your file.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hence why I said she should have no problems. The post of mine that you quoted was in response to the poster hamgha, who didn't understand OP's situation.

thisworks

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Boston, US
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
02-10-2017
AOR Received.
14-09-2017