+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for citizenship-going home country and coming back on the test date

Montrosco

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Hi there
is there any thing wrong if someone come to Canada in 2 weeks before the test date( after getting the notification in the system)
the passport will show a recent entry stamp to Canada during the interview
if there is member with similar experience that will be nice.

Montrosco

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
any similar situation , to be more specific I have seen an operation Bulletin from CIC that suggest to give RQ for a recent entry stamp on the passport but this bulletin is expired now
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2006/ob022.asp

tormenta

Mar 3, 2014
Copy paste from a similar question a few days ago:

My two cents: nothing in the current citizenship act says that you cannot leave Canada and go work abroad while your application is in process. However, it appears that CIC resents those who do, and since they cannot legally deny their application, often they try to make their life harder by giving them a RQ and extending processing times in hopes that they will fail to comply with their PR requirements (you can only be abroad for 3 out of 5 years). Hence the reason they are trying to change the law and introduce an intent to reside clause.

The main takeaway here is that you have the law by your side. CIC may not like it, but as long as you meet the requirements, they cannot legally deny your application.

taradil

Star Member
Jul 3, 2010
From cic website :

Outlined below are indications that an applicant’s declared residence could be in question and options available to the officer for further inquiry.

Passport

Stamps in passport indicate that the applicant has not declared all absences from Canada.
When coming to write an exam or to have a quality assurance interview, the client’s passport shows recent entry stamp to Canada or an exit stamp from another country.
Client presents a new passport but cannot account for passports used during the relevant four year period, or client is in possession of a new passport issued outside Canada.
Client is asked to present passport at an exam or scheduled appointment but does not bring it.

Montrosco

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
These information are indeed in CIC website but the Bulletin was from 2006 and they state that bulletin is expired. its in the link that I have posted

Montrosco

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
I am not referring to the issue of staying abroad for extended period, but simply being in vocation and getting back to Canada as soon as the applicant see the invitation in the E-case( online system)

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Montrosco said:
I am not referring to the issue of staying abroad for extended period, but simply being in vocation and getting back to Canada as soon as the applicant see the invitation in the E-case( online system)
Do you mean if you see the invitation 12 months after applying you will be "simply being in vacation" outside Canada for 12 months??? They will take it as "getting back to Canada" for vacation and after the test you'll go back to your normal life overseas.