+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for CEC: foreign work experience question...

Mar 31, 2020
Hello,

I am putting together my documents to apply for CEC (PR). My Canadian work experience is NOC 2263 (nearly 2 years)
I have the following for foreign work experience:

Company A [2016 - 2017]: 10 months (NOC 2263) 10 months (NOC 6221)
Company B [2017 - 2018]: 7 motnhs (NOC 2263)

So I worked in one company for 20 months but in two different NOC codes, because my experience is not "continuous" does this mean an officer will reject it?

The below is what it says for FSW but I am applying for CEC, so does this still apply?

"Eligibility to apply as a Federal Skilled Worker (Express Entry)
Minimum requirements

Skilled work experience
Your skilled work experience must be:
  • in the same type of job (have the same NOC) as the job you want to use for your immigration application (called your primary occupation)
at least 1 year of continuous work or 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week). You can meet this in a few different ways:
  • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
  • equal amount in part-time: 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
  • full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)"
Greatly appreciate any help...

Mar 31, 2020
Thank you, I went to a consultant and he said that some officers look at your foreign history to see if it was continuous work experience for a year and could reject my application based on this. However, nowhere on the CEC page declares this... only on FSW does it mention this.
:rolleyes:

Rose_love

Oct 5, 2018
Hi I have two years of Indian work experience as a C++ Trainer . I have my experience certificates but the job responsibilities is not mentioned over there . Now I want to ask will that experience be counted or not ? Thanks please help

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi I have two years of Indian work experience as a C++ Trainer . I have my experience certificates but the job responsibilities is not mentioned over there . Now I want to ask will that experience be counted or not ? Thanks please help
As per IRCC website:

"a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits;"