+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC with non continuous foreign work experience.

sayantani21

Feb 25, 2020
Hi All,

I will be applying for EE with 1 year canadian experience under Skill level A. However I have 1 year non continuous foreign work experience under Skill Level B. These are job in 2 different company and the gap is of 2 months. The NOC code is same.

Can I claim points for this 1 year non continuous foreign work experience? My lawyer said it has to be continuous. I am totally confused.

Please advise.

sayantani21

Feb 25, 2020
Yes you can.
I just want to clarify one thing, I called IRCC and they said to claim points its has to be continuous for foreign experience. I am not sure how to go about it.
I am not able to claim points for foreign experience but claim points for total 2 year experience or I am not getting any points just mentioning the it in the profile.

thanks in advance

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Call center agents don't always provide correct information.

The "continuous" requirement only comes into play if you are trying to qualify for FSW, i.e. you would need a minimum of one year continuous experience.

Since you are already eligible for CEC, any additional work experiences will count towards your CRS and the "continuous" requirement is irrelevant to you.

sayantani21

Feb 25, 2020

The "continuous" requirement only comes into play if you are trying to qualify for FSW, i.e. you would need a minimum of one year continuous experience.

Since you are already eligible for CEC, any additional work experiences will count towards your CRS and the "continuous" requirement is irrelevant to you.
Thank you so much.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I just want to clarify one thing, I called IRCC and they said to claim points its has to be continuous for foreign experience. I am not sure how to go about it.
I am not able to claim points for foreign experience but claim points for total 2 year experience or I am not getting any points just mentioning the it in the profile.
I support what ContactFront says. You can combine non-continuous foreign work experience for points. The one year continuity requirement is for eligibility for FSW.

sayantani21

Feb 25, 2020
I support what ContactFront says. You can combine non-continuous foreign work experience for points. The one year continuity requirement is for eligibility for FSW.
Thanks for your response......my lawyer misguided me so much I was really confused. This will give a significant boost to my score.

EmilyPham

Apr 11, 2020
Hi! Have anyone successfully get Pr while claiming foreign experience from 2 different companies as my consultant said that it must be continuous within 1 year and in 1 company. Thank you guys!

Reactions: classico33

nat.abramovich

Apr 18, 2019
Foreign work experience for CRS purposes can be:
  • Non-continuous
  • In different NOC codes of skill types 0, A or B
So basically,all those strict rules such as one continuous year , and etc, are for fsw candiantes only,right?
But can i combine small parts of fpreightn experience , like 5 month , then another 6 months and one months,they are all from one employer though, every time when i was coming back from canada , i was working

Reactions: classico33

Jakec1234

Sep 13, 2020
Hi All,

I will be applying for EE with 1 year canadian experience under Skill level A. However I have 1 year non continuous foreign work experience under Skill Level B. These are job in 2 different company and the gap is of 2 months. The NOC code is same.

Can I claim points for this 1 year non continuous foreign work experience? My lawyer said it has to be continuous. I am totally confused.

Please advise.
Hello,

When you made your profile, did you getting Crs points for foreign work experience? I'm in a similar situation but my profile won't give me points for non continuous experience it seems - it just has 0 points under this section on my profile.

Thanks in advance

sayantani21

Feb 25, 2020
Hello,

When you made your profile, did you getting Crs points for foreign work experience? I'm in a similar situation but my profile won't give me points for non continuous experience it seems - it just has 0 points under this section on my profile.

Thanks in advance
Hello,
I did not add my foreign experience while creating the express entry profile.
Thanks

RiaRia

Feb 1, 2021

Hi good afternoon, i have a confusion. When the draw comes all rounder program, anyone can apply in it right. Then also if a person is applying with foreign work experience should have a continuous work as there is no restriction as cec, FSW or FST. Thank you in advance.