+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applying for BOWP while pr processing

Cloy812

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
Hi, guys.
I'm qurious about my visa status in the near future.

Here's my current status.
LMIA closed work permit since Jan 2019 (expired date Jan 2021)
ITA - APR 2020 under CEC (included lmia points 50 )
AOR - MAY 2020
Medical passed & biometric requested - JUL 2020
Estimated application completion - Nov 2020

Here's my question is...
1. Should I apply for BOWP in October before my visa expired next Jan?? (Because no one is sure that I will get PR before then?)
2. If I change to BOWP, my visa would be open status?? should I change my job??
3. To apply for BOWP, should I obtain any signiture or acceptance from a current employer?

Thank you in advance.

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
Hi, guys.
I'm qurious about my visa status in the near future.

Here's my current status.
LMIA closed work permit since Jan 2019
ITA - APR 2020 under CEC (included lmia points 50 )
AOR - MAY 2020
Medical passed & biometric requested - JUL 2020
Estimated application completion - Nov 2020

Here's my question is...
1. Should I apply for BOWP in October before my visa expired next Jan?? (Because no one is sure that I will get PR before then?)
Yes, it's a better idea to apply for one.
2. If I change to BOWP, my visa would be open status?? should I change my job??
A permit is not a visa, depends on what type of visa you have. And theoretically you will be able to change your job after you receive the BOWP, but I advise against changing your job, just in case it complicates things.
3. To apply for BOWP, should I obtain any signiture or acceptance from a current employer?
No.

Thank you in advance.

Cloy812

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
Thanks for your quick reply.
Also, should I report to CIC after getting BOWP ? or they will know it automatically??
My friends say that I have to re-obtained LMIA if I change to BOWP and change to another job, as I got 50points on my application.
Is it ture??

Mzt2020

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Thanks for your quick reply.
Also, should I report to CIC after getting BOWP ? or they will know it automatically??
My friends say that I have to re-obtained LMIA if I change to BOWP and change to another job, as I got 50points on my application.
Is it ture??
If you dont get your PR until November you have to apply to the BOWP so that you remain in 'impled status'. Otherwise you won't be allowed to live and work in Canada while your PR is in process.

WunderCat

Star Member
Oct 7, 2019
Toronto
NOC Code......
IRCC suggests to apply for BOWP up to 4 months in advance before WP expiring date. Otherwise it would be just a waste of money.
I've applied for mine less than a month before the expiration.

jbpadilha

Star Member
May 28, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
28-04-2020
@Cloy812
Did you receive any news about your Bridging Work permit?
I'm under LMIA and my visa expires in June/21, and I would like to know if I can apply for the BOWP.

Cloy812

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
@Cloy812
Did you receive any news about your Bridging Work permit?
I'm under LMIA and my visa expires in June/21, and I would like to know if I can apply for the BOWP.
Hey, I'll apply BOWP next month.
I think you are safe with your visa because yours expires in June next year and your AOR is in April this year, I'm sure that you'll get pr before then.

Reactions: jbpadilha

vg2013

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Hi - I am CEC Inland (principal) applicant with 3 dependents (Wife + 2 kids) and on a closed WP. My WP expires by end of April 2021 so intend to apply for BOWP by end of Dec (4 months prior to expiry).

So, is BOWP applicable for me (principal applicant) alone? What visa category should I apply for my family members?

GauriB

Nov 19, 2020
Hi - I am CEC Inland (principal) applicant with 3 dependents (Wife + 2 kids) and on a closed WP. My WP expires by end of April 2021 so intend to apply for BOWP by end of Dec (4 months prior to expiry).

So, is BOWP applicable for me (principal applicant) alone? What visa category should I apply for my family members?
If your spouse is on work permit, you'll apply open work permit and for dependent kids it would be either student or visitor. It depends on what status they hold currently.
Your LMIA papers or visitor record shows all that information. You have a lot of time to apply for BOWP, you might even get your PR before that

vg2013

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
If your spouse is on work permit, you'll apply open work permit and for dependent kids it would be either student or visitor. It depends on what status they hold currently.
Your LMIA papers or visitor record shows all that information. You have a lot of time to apply for BOWP, you might even get your PR before that
Thanks for responding ! They are on visitor visa - so how soon/later do i apply for their visitor visa?

Do i apply them together with my BOWP application?

GauriB

Nov 19, 2020
Thanks for responding ! They are on visitor visa - so how soon/later do i apply for their visitor visa?

Do i apply them together with my BOWP application?
Yes all will be applied together in the same application and you'd have to pay total fee incl. all members

CanVisa1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
Hi Guys,

I would appreciate your help on the below.

I have applied for PR under CEC along with my 2 dependents (Wife and Son). At the moment we all are in Canada and want to apply for BOWP, however I got little worried after reading on the IRCC website that the dependents of APR are not eligible for applying BOWP.

I - Have a closed work permit (Will expire in 7 months)
Wife - Has a open work permit (Will expire in 7 months)
Son - Has a visitor record (Will expire in 7 months)

I understand that I can apply for BOWP but what should I do for my dependents if they are not eligible for BOWP ?

jbpadilha

Star Member
May 28, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
28-04-2020
Hi Guys,

I would appreciate your help on the below.

I have applied for PR under CEC along with my 2 dependents (Wife and Son). At the moment we all are in Canada and want to apply for BOWP, however I got little worried after reading on the IRCC website that the dependents of APR are not eligible for applying BOWP.

I - Have a closed work permit (Will expire in 7 months)
Wife - Has a open work permit (Will expire in 7 months)
Son - Has a visitor record (Will expire in 7 months)

I understand that I can apply for BOWP but what should I do for my dependents if they are not eligible for BOWP ?

O apply for an OBWP you do need to have a visa expiration under 4 months. During the application, you can add your spouse as well as your son to the application under OWP category, but the same rule in PGWP, you have to demonstrate that you have a job in order to your spouse to get it. I guess

Reactions: CanVisa1