+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for an urgent citizenship request for a job outside of canada

dildaraldoski

Sep 21, 2017
Good day all

I have applied my citizenship application in May 2021 , Till now I only received an AOR and even my spouse who applied in Nov 2020 only got AOR also with no updates since!!

I tried relentlessly to find a job in Canada in my profession but although i cleared all the exams and trained for a couple of years I reached a dead end! so my option is either to stay in Canada working for pennies or Move to Australia where I got a job offer in my field.

Can i apply for urgent citizenship based on the fact that i need circadian passport to apply for visa in Australia ? my home country passport ( Syria) has a very high rate of refusal when applying for Australia visa ? although I have been a permanent resident for 4 years now in Canada, but i still think that applying with a Canadian passport would increase my chances to get the work visa?

would this be considered as a legitimate reason to apply

thank you

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Nothing stops you from applying for an urgent processing, but the chances are very low. The jobs in the requirements here are Canadian jobs, not jobs elsewhere :
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply/urgently.html

The chances of getting a visa with a Syrian passport may very well be lower than with a Canadian one, but, to say it harshly, that's your problem, not Canada's, and you don't NEED the Canadian passport for that application anyway, it just increases your chances (at least according to you). That's quite a low bar for an urgent processing...

There's also the possibility that letting IRCC know that youre planning on leaving the country as soon as you can may add scrunity on your application. It may or may not affect your processing, even if, at the end of the day, what matters is whether you qualified to the citizenship when you applied, and that you keep your PR requirements till oath day, not what you decide to do after you send your application.

Good luck!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Good day all

I have applied my citizenship application in May 2021 , Till now I only received an AOR and even my spouse who applied in Nov 2020 only got AOR also with no updates since!!

I tried relentlessly to find a job in Canada in my profession but although i cleared all the exams and trained for a couple of years I reached a dead end! so my option is either to stay in Canada working for pennies or Move to Australia where I got a job offer in my field.

Can i apply for urgent citizenship based on the fact that i need circadian passport to apply for visa in Australia ? my home country passport ( Syria) has a very high rate of refusal when applying for Australia visa ? although I have been a permanent resident for 4 years now in Canada, but i still think that applying with a Canadian passport would increase my chances to get the work visa?

would this be considered as a legitimate reason to apply

thank you
1. Not a reason for urgent processing. If the job was in Canada, maybe.

To apply for urgent processing, you must be eligible to apply for citizenship and have an emergency, such as:

• needing Canadian citizenship to:
    • apply for a job
    • avoid losing your job
    • go to a Canadian school, college or university
  • needing to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality
  • receiving a successful Federal Court decision on an appeal on a previous application for citizenship

Even if these conditions apply to you, we may not be able to process your request urgently. If we do process your request urgently, we may not be able to do it in time to help your situation.

Reactions: dildaraldoski

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
As I see it, you have two options, none of them is the urgent processing option since the job is outside Canada (from IRCC point of view, working a minimum-wage job in Canada is better than working in your field and live comfortably outside Canada):
1- Wait until you get your Canadian citizenship, or
2- Go ahead and apply for the VISA and try your luck. If you have a job offer that should improve your chances.

dildaraldoski

Sep 21, 2017
Thanks guys for your input. I believe i may have to leave and come back to canada when called for processing, its such a shame that canada accept us as skilled worker candidates but cant offer jobs for us in the fields we immigrated under!!! i done all my Canadian license exams and done extra training in my field and still couldnt get a permanant license to establish myself!!!!!!!!! I should have listened to others and not immigrated to Canada and wasted my time!

Reactions: Svet81 and CaBeaver

dildaraldoski

Sep 21, 2017
Update:

I was able to convince my employer to postponed my starting date to January 2023! I hope I may get the passport like 3 months before that date as by that time it would be almost a year and a half since my citizenship application has been received by IRCC!!!

Reactions: CaBeaver