+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for AINP with only 7 months left, and a moratorium is currently imposed

ron290

May 13, 2014
Hi!

I hope someone can help me here, I am about to submit my AINP application next week and I have seek the help of an immigration and consultancy office, they were all saying positive that i can still pursue applying my ainp despite the moratorium being held. My biggest worry is, what if my work permit expires and I still havent receive a nomination number/approval and the moratorium is still in effect, meaning, there's no way for me
To get a new lmo and therefore extend my work permit.

1. Is there a way for me to file an extension when this happens given that i have a pending ainp application?
2. Can i file an open work permit if i only have a file number?
3. Someone also said that i need to go home when my permit expires and wait for my ainp result in my country, is there any truth to this?

Thank you so much!!!!

ivan124

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
07-15-2013
Med's Request
07-16-2013
Med's Done....
07-21-2013
Passport Req..
03-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-18-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Why don't you seek a lawyer's advice on that ? and as you said that the immigration consultants are positive about filing the ainp. If they are positive enough you can give it a shot. You cannot renew your work permit with an AINP's file number/application number and you will need an LMO in order to renew your WP. However, you will be eligible for BOWP only ONCE you get the AOR from CIO-Sydney and that you will get only when you file your PR.

After your TWP expires and you are not able to renew it then you will face restoration meaning you can stay in Canada legally for 90 days but you will have to apply for your work permit before the end of that 90 days period.

I will recommend that you seek professional help with your case.

confused_lady

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
ron290 said:
Hi!

I hope someone can help me here, I am about to submit my AINP application next week and I have seek the help of an immigration and consultancy office, they were all saying positive that i can still pursue applying my ainp despite the moratorium being held. My biggest worry is, what if my work permit expires and I still havent receive a nomination number/approval and the moratorium is still in effect, meaning, there's no way for me
To get a new lmo and therefore extend my work permit.

1. Is there a way for me to file an extension when this happens given that i have a pending ainp application?
2. Can i file an open work permit if i only have a file number?
3. Someone also said that i need to go home when my permit expires and wait for my ainp result in my country, is there any truth to this?

Thank you so much!!!!

can u pls tell me which immigration and consultancy did u ask for advice..i am in the same situation as yours need to seek an advice too..hope u can give it to me..thanks..

ron290

May 13, 2014
Which city are you in? Im actually getting confused with my consultant because they are not giving me scenarios if things happen like this and that..,
I am actually planning to seek an immigration lawyer although im still gonna let the consultancy company to process my ainp just cos i alreay paid them, so if you're here in calgary, maybe we could partner up and hire/seek an opinion from an actual
Immigration lawyer.

confused_lady

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
ron290 said:
Which city are you in? Im actually getting confused with my consultant because they are not giving me scenarios if things happen like this and that..,
I am actually planning to seek an immigration lawyer although im still gonna let the consultancy company to process my ainp just cos i alreay paid them, so if you're here in calgary, maybe we could partner up and hire/seek an opinion from an actual
Immigration lawyer.

im in edmonton..